“New Hotel, close to Downtown” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Arlington, Virginia
“New Hotel, close to Downtown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stayed in this new place in mid-October, and the facility is beautiful. The rooms are large and comfortable, and the workout facility, indoor pool and hot tub are a welcome oasis. The lobby is comfortable and beautiful. There is some covered parking if the weather isn't cooperating, but they are limited in number. The staff were friendly and helpful, but still learning about the facility and hotel hospitality. We're staying again during the Christmas holidays and are looking forward to it!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Middletown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

My family and I were traveling through Roanoke during Thanksgiving weekend on our way back to Maryland. My wife was looking for suites on her iPhone when she came across Cambria Suites. I'd never heard of the chain, but the pics looked nice, and they had a 1-bdrm suite available for us. We were pleasantly surprised when we walked in to something that looked more like a 2-bdrm apartment. The room was clean and had a wet bar, living room w/LCD TV, and two bedrooms also w/LCD TV. The bathroom looked brand new with contemporary decor, not to mention that we had a nice view of the mountains from the main bedroom. The lobby was clean and stylish and contained an area with four flat-screen workstations, a full bar, and a bistro/restaurant serving all three meals. We didn't use the fitness center, but it had what looked like a nice indoor pool and hot tub. Breakfast was not complimentary, but the hotel did offer a plentiful buffet for only $9/person (kids under 10 were $5). Parking at the hotel was free, and they even had an underground garage where you could park your car and then hop on the hotel elevator in order to bypass the lobby. We don't travel near Roanoke very often, but I'd definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you want to have a separate sleeping arrangement from your child(ren), be sure to ask for a 1-bdr...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I stayed at the Cambria Suites Roanoke for one night recently. It is a very nice looking, new property - close to (but not in) downtown Roanoke - a five minute drive away.

There are a lot of things to like about this hotel. The rooms, per the Cambria SUITES, are huge. I loved having a seperate area, with a couch and second flatscreen tv, to stretch out and spread out my stuff. The exercise room is big and nice. The lobby is very nice looking.

But I will just say that, for all the bells and whistles, this place kind of is not there yet. A few of these reasons are corporate policies. For example: it's a $135/night room, but you're charging an extra ~$10/pp for breakfast? In addition, when i was there, the cable tv lineup had limited channels (apparently Cox was changing things over - although when I rang the front desk, oddly, nobody had heard about it).

Additionally, the service at this place is not quite there yet:
-there were no towels at the pool area when i went down;
-the keyboard, on one of the two computers in the lobby, was not working;
-and lastly, they offer a complimentary shuttle service to anywhere in Roanoke (very nice idea). i called, and set up a time for the driver to pick us up. We came down 5 minutes late. He left. No call to our cell phone. No notice. No nothing. We called him back, and he said that he would be back at the hotel in 5 minutes. We waited for 20. Nothing. Apparently he had come back to the hotel, not called/asked for us, and then left again. Needless to say, we wound up driving to our destination that night.

I will give "props" to the nice young woman named Marie. She was very helpful to my girlfriend and I the entire weekend.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Bellevue, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

My family and I stayed here for a few days while visiting family. As of this writing, the hotel had been in operation for about 18 months.

It is an outstanding hotel. The price was great when compared to other hotels in the area. The location was fantastic and only five minutes from family. The decor was top notch- the room we had had two queen beds and a separate sitting room with its own TV. (While my family slept, I was able to watch college football without disturbing them.) We will never stay anywhere else while visiting Roanoke.

I would have given this hotel five stars except that the sound proofing between floors was an issue- I could hear the family above us most of the first night.

I would agree with the previous reviewer named "electriciandad" concerning the underground garage. Although the parking underground was limited, I never had trouble finding a space. I suspect the hotel was built that way because of the potential for flooding in that area.

So, if you are headed to Roanoke, VA, stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

A great new space in a city that needed a new hotel! Loved the location and the FREE underground parking garage was a huge perk on frosty nights.. Bed and bathroom were outstanding. Very stylish furnishings, but sofa was a little too utilitarian and hard surfaced, but club chair was comfortable. The hotel staff aimed to please. Small Gripe: The elevator shafts act as huge exhaust fans for the in-house restaurant--so the food aromas permeated the hallways. Overall, I was thoroughly impressed and happy with my experience. Will definitely stay at Cambria Suites when again in Roanoke!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Potomac Falls, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

On our very first trip to Roanoke, we were delighted with our stay in this beautiful, upscale hotel. The front desk manager and staff were outstanding and exceptionally helpful. We loved all the modern appointments and overall spotlessness. We even enjoyed our shuttle driver, Herbert, who dropped us off at Center in the Square where we enjoyed a delicious dinner. When we were finished, he promptly returned to pick us up! Extraordinary stay all the way around. I highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Northern Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

This property was exactly as represented on their website. I took photos of my room, but they look the same as those marketed by the hotel. My room was in pristine shape. The bed was comfy. My room was quiet. The appliances (refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer) were in good working order and were clean. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially the lady at the front desk and the lady housekeeper. I especially enjoyed their workout room. It was very clean and safe. The machines were all in excellent shape, which I don't always find in hotels. My room had a view of the Mill Mountain star, which made me happy. The only negative I found was that the parking spaces in the garage were a bit awkward to fit into; a minor nuisance. Other than that, this was a lovely place and I wish I had a reason to return next weekend.

Room Tip: I got this room via Hotwire as one of their top secret deals. I was absolutely shocked that I got t...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Cambria Suites Roanoke? Share your experiences!