“Nice Town, Clean, Comfortable Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
snjmom
“Nice Town, Clean, Comfortable Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Nice town, clean, comfortable hotel. We stopped here en route to The Smokey Mountains from Philadelphia. We only stayed one night. We are a family of 2 adults and 4 children, so we like the larger 'suite' rooms that Country Inn and Suites has available. This hotel is conveniently off of Route 81 in a nice, clean, safe town. It is a clean, well maintained hotel but not 'new.' It has a Mexican Restaurant that shares the adjacent parking lot that I also reviewed highly. There is plenty of shopping and dining in the town in you have basic family needs or want something other than Mexican food to eat. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. They had a complete list of dining and shopping in the area. They were also helpful in finding local tourist attractions. Pool, fitness room, lobby with coffee and cookies, included breakfast. Would stay again and recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

The good: friendly desk clerk, clean room, quiet, fridge and microwave in room, good wifi, good full breakfast. Everything you would hope for in a midrange motel.
The odd: when I started to check in the front desk clerk gave me the room rate. I told her there was a cheaper rate posted online. She suggested I make an online reservation and offered the use of the lobby computers. Using my cellphone I made a reservation at the cheaper rate and was able to continue checking in. Here's the odd part, it was on the Country Inn And Suites website, not a second party booking! I don't know why they can't honor their own posted room rates.
The disappointing: The next day I realized I had left two clothing items hanging on back of the bathroom door, just an oversized tee and a pair of yoga pants, nothing "valuable". I called the hotel to report my loss and was told housekeeping had not turned in anything. I guess there was no attempt to even talk to the member of the housekeeping staff about the items, because even though she asked for my phone number so some could call me, I have not yet heard back. Just disappointed that a simple check with the person who cleaned the room could have retrieved my items was not done.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Vermont, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

7 of my college friends and I stayed overnight here June 1. The staff was extremely welcoming and friendly, the rooms clean and attractive - and quiet, and the Mexican restaurant next door enjoyable. Also, they included a full breakfast the next morning which was more than I expected. I highly recommend this motel.

Room Tip: We asked for 2nd floor, on the back, as recommended by someone on TA. Very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Jenks, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Breakfast was decent. Room was clean but the pool area needed a little work. Staff didn't know much about the area but were polite. It was close to the airport and downtown was not close but it was easy to get to from the hotel. We stayed 4 days with no real complaints.

• Stayed May 2014
Young Harris, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Our recent stay was our first encounter with this brand and I must say both my wife and I were quite impressed. From the warm greeting at check-in to the clean and fresh smelling room, we were quite pleased with our entire experience. The furniture was modern, the flat screen TV worked well and the Ice machine actually provided ice! Another pleasant surprise was the breakfast provided by the hotel the morning of our departure. Fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, along with a wide assortment of pastries, juices and condiments provided us with the best complementary breakfast we have every had at one of these chain hotels. This was our third attempt at finding a decent chain hotel in Roanoke and I don't think we will need to look any further.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hattiesburg, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

My family and I have stayed here a few times over the years. The rooms are always clean and nice. One of the better indoor swimming pools and hot tubs. Always enjoy the free baked cookies. More than adequate breakfast.

Room Tip: One of the interesting things about this place (and possibly with many hotels in Roanoke) is that th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

was traveling on I-81 and time to stop for the night.very convenient right off highway. We usually stay at Marriotts but the Fairfield wanted $149. Also stay at Hampton Inns and they were $119. Have stayed at Country Inn and suites and for the most part they are pretty good. front desk was very friendly, breakfast was good and the biggest room and most tables i have ever seen at a hotel that gives free breakfast, great! altho hotel was pretty empty as a great time of yr to travel. beds were verrrry hard tho so tossed and turned all night. girl at front desk said carlson properties are redoing rooms. restaurants not that close and ones listed close at 10 so we didnt have enough time so ate at the Hardees nearby. room was fine but bathroom needs updating, peeling paint and wallpaper and not too nice in the shower.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke? Share your experiences!