“I go to their truck in Frederick, MD and it the best brisket ever!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue's BBQ

Blue's BBQ
107 Market Street, Roanoke, VA 24011
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #48 of 415 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Frederick, Maryland
“I go to their truck in Frederick, MD and it the best brisket ever!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Not many know about but they have a blue truck off 355 in Frederick, MD and provide best brisket I've ever had...it's an emotional experience. Their fries are amazing! Go there and don't miss out on life!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Roanoke, Virginia
“Great burgers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I love the burgers, BBQ, and beer at this place. Service and atmosphere is great. Awesome place to eat in downtown Roanoke.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent choice for BBQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I love BBQ and I love everything about Blue's BBQ. While it's small (which means you should get there around opening or expect a short wait), the atmosphere is excellent and the wait staff is prompt, courteous, and knowledgeable. The menu is varied and reasonably priced, and there is a great selection of beers. Best of all, the BBQ is excellent!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia
“Bland BBQ and slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I really wanted to like this place. I'd heard such great things about the food and atmosphere. It's a small bar with only about 10 tables, but it still took 20 minutes to get a drink and another 25 minutes for someone to take our order. The staff seems a bit standoffish and acted like they didn't care whether the gave decent service or not. My husband and tried both the pork and pulled chicken bbqs and both of us thought they were dry and bland. The sauces on the table aren't bad and much needed for some flavor. The hush puppies were really good, though.

All in all, I wouldn't go out of my way to visit again. Nothing in the food or service was special enough to make me want to come back. The atmosphere - at least on a Friday night - reminded me of a bar I would visit in my 20s, only filled with 30-50 somethings who never grew out of their bar days. It's definitely a downtown party spot if you are into that sort of thing.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good service, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We're in Roanoke 2-4 times a year and this was the first time we've eaten here. Food was good, service was really friendly and nice. Had a good atmosphere, there were a lot of people but it wasn't loud and unbearable like some restaurants get when crowded. Nice place.

Visited November 2013