“Southern Hospitality is Alive and Well!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
“Southern Hospitality is Alive and Well!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The sweetest and most efficient staff, lovely rooms and beds to ensure a peaceful night's sleep with a wonderful fresh fruit bar awaiting you in the morning! If you're in the area and in need of a place to stay- look no further! An ideal find in this beautiful town! Ask for Ron, the wonderful bellman!

Stayed August 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Twin Lake, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is definitely an older Holiday Inn. It is clean and friendly and would recommend it. The rooms are fine with some updates. Did not eat here but the food looked fine. It has a nice little lobby bar. The WiFi is pretty slow. Average to small selection of cable channels. Nice location close to the airport, restaurants, and shopping.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Working in the Roanoke area, th I s used to be my regular go to hotel.

Location is wonderful with easy access.

Unfortunately some of the amenities have declined.

Rooms are getting dated with lumpy mattress. Air conditioning struggling even though it was in 80 F range outside.

Room had fruit flies which occasionally made rounds in the room.

Breajfast: previously the buffet was great with quality ingredients. Now decline in quality with many items almost gone and this at 7:30 AM.

Probably hive them one more chance due to previous visits, but if not improved, I will be looking for another hotel on next visit.

Stayed August 2015, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Roman T,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback for our hotel. It is nice to see that you have always appreciated the convenience of our location from your previous stays. However, we were concerned to see that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us this time around due to the declining condition of our rooms, amenities, and breakfast. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you. We consistently strive to meet and exceed our guests' expectations and your comments will certainly help us achieve this goal.

Again, we thank you for your comments. Despite your disappointments, we certainly hope that you would give us a chance to make your next stay with us, a better one.

Regards,

Mike F.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is by far the worst IHG I have ever stayed at. Take it from someone who spends a tremendous amount of time at IHG skip this one! First of all if you are a biker don't stay here! Unlike the many other holiday inns i have stayed at this hotel is not willing to make accommodations for motor cycles, parking etc. The reason given "it's company policy" funny every other hotel in the company was willing to accommodate our needs.
Second i understand outside beverages are not allowed in the dinning area. However the way to address this issue is to come over and politely speak to me, not to scream at me from across the dinning room.
Over all the entire visit was very disappointing. The entire staff was extremely rude and inattentive. I will not be staying here again.

Stayed August 2015, traveled on business
nordway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear WTARDIF
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We very much appreciate all our travelers even bikers. We have been host hotel to the Harley Davidson State convention twice now and Gold Wing Riders. As these reviews are masked and have no means of contacting you, I would hope that you would contact me personally so I can assist you off line. I apologize for the way you were treated and by no means does this represent our true level of hospitality.

Neil Ordway, GM
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I enjoyed staying here! The rooms were very nice and clean, and the grounds were great for walking my dog-- a few nice little trails and pathways, etc. I didn't expect a restaurant in a Holiday Inn, and although I didn't eat in it, it was nice to have it there. The staff was very friendly and helpful. All around nice area-- you can see the mountains :) I recommend this highly.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
Katonah, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2015

ok hotel....ok room...ok tv...nothing special....clean, confortable...for $126 I have stayed in better. My daughter wanted to stay here because of indoor and outdoor pool for kids....it was nice enough. We ask for two king connecting rooms...first night stay the rooms were fine... not connecting but across from each other....second stay...a week later....only one king and the other two double beds down the hall from each other...even though request and reservations made weeks in advance. Food in restaurant was ok. Steak...wings....burger...we had all and the price was fair. Buffet breakfast...adults $12 kids eat free....pretty good. Good airport shuttle only about 7 mins

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear 2015JustSaying,

Orlando A.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2015

I use to stay at this hotel a lot up to a couple of years ago, quite a lot actually, but have since been staying in another nearby hotel (Courtyard) because the I felt the people here were becoming more interested in profit than customer service. The place was getting a bit run down too. Well, I just spent a week here because the Courtyard was booked and I thought I would give it another try. The place seems to have been renovated and is in pretty good shape but the attitude has not changed. As an example, the coffee maker didn't work the first morning and when I reported it at the front desk one of attendants did apologize but the other guy said, in a rather snippy tone, that there is coffee right here in the lobby. Right - so I'm suppose to drag my sleepy, messed up, pajama clad frame down to the busy lobby for a cup of wake up coffee? The coffee maker was replaced but when I returned one evening after work I was greeted by no coffee to put in it and the old wet coffee bag sitting squarely on the bathroom counter. Oh yeah, no bath mat one morning too. The kicker - their business center computers, (the ones that guests type things like airline passwords and stuff into) are still running Windows XP with all the security icons glowing bright red! No, these folks are still into profit over customer service and I'll just keep staying at one of the other four hotels on the block.

Room Tip: Get one away from the pool. I was on the second floor next to the pool and it was noisy.
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Jim B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. We would like to apologize for falling short of your expectations regarding our coffee maker and for the less than satisfactory experienced you had with our staff. It is also regrettable that your facilities and bathrooms fell below your standards. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. In addition, your feedback has been forwarded to our management to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Again, our apologies for the inconvenience and we hope to have another opportunity to provide you a much better experience.

Joel A