“Good stay for passing through” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
NJ
“Good stay for passing through”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed here on our way home from TN. The Marriotts nearby were booked. We arrived late and the security assisted us getting the front desk attendant who had stepped away. Check in was easy and we got a good rate with AAA card. Neither key card worked when we arrived at the room, the front desk asked the security guard to go with me once I was given new keys, in case they didn't work.The rooms were nice, beds were comfy. The bath and body work products in the bathroom were good. Breakfast is not free, which I didn't realize. I wondered down for coffee morning and a woman offered to seat me. I observed a buffet set up and agreed the waitress did not mention there was a cost, maybe I should have known better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
nordway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Jitdinga,
Thank you for the great feedback! I apologize for the waitress not communicating to you with regards to the cost of breakfast. We do have certain packages and rates that do include breakfast. I truly hope that this will not deter you from staying with us in the future!
Neil B. Ordway, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I just wanted to thank the Staff, clerks, food servers, chef, cooks, waitstaff, bar staff, housekeeping staff for all that you did to make our photographers convention seamless. We appreciate all that you did to partner with us to make our speakers feel comfortable and welcome as well as the photographers who traveled to Roanoke and spend the night or two. Thank you once more for all you did to make our convention a success.
Bruce M

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
nordway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Bruce M,
Thank you for the great feedback! We value comments like these and will celebrate our success at our employee meeting on March 20th! Please let me know if there is anything that you may need!
Neil B. Ordway,
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

For two years the VPPA convention was held at the Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View. It has to be one of the nice accommodating facilities we have used in some years. The friendly staff, spacious rooms, clean meeting rooms and good food made our convention one to be remembered. Jim

Room Tip: Be ready for a good experience!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
nordway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Jim C,
Thank you for the comments. We are so proud to have been a part of your conference the past two years. We will miss you in 2014 & 2015. There were many memories made this year! Really, who will forget seeing Kevin in that Ostrich outfit!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn last week for the VA Professional Photographers convention. The room was clean and although it's not a new hotel, it has been maintained very well. The staff were very friendly and always helpful when needed. I asked the front desk for directions to an area outside of Virginia, and they said they would no some research for me. When I stopped by the desk 5 minutes later, they had printed out a map for me. This is a great hotel for a conference or a place to stay as you're travel through. The price of the room was very reasonable. The bed was very comfortable and they have 2 types of pillows which they label for you; soft or firm. The food at the restaurant was good, and the service I received was great. I would stay here again.

Dear Don M,
Thanks so much for the positive feedback! We value your comments and I will read your response during on next all employee meeting on March 20th!
Chesapeake, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is our 2nd or 3rd convention here and the staff is very acommodating. They seem to be happy to take care of any request. My big issue with most hotels is the flat pillows. I like that this hotel has a ribbon around one pillow that says soft and one that is hard. So at least 3 of the six pillows on your bed should be good, and they were. The beds were very comfortable. They had installed the bow type of shower curtains. That's great for some one with a 6'3" wing span, but they are too short and don't go into the tub. So the floor gets soaked and you need the floor mat and a towel to keep the floor dry. When I first checked in, the toilet didn't look as thoroughly cleaned as it should have been, but we had one of the maid staff on the floor come take care of it with out a problem. They have a nice indoor and outdoor pool, as well as a decent gym. Overall, it's a great place for the money.

Dear KaiserPhoto,
We value your comments regarding you most recent stay with us! Whenever the occassion does arise, we hope to see you here when traveling back to the Roanoke Valley!
Stafford, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was my first time attending the VPPA Conference, and staying at The Roanoke Valley View Holiday Inn. I enjoyed the conference and my stay in the hotel. The staff was accommodating to our every need. I am very particular about my bedding, and room cleanliness in every way, and it exceeded my expectations. The staff was helpful and courteous at any time of day or night. I would stay here again, whether I was attending a conference or just in the area.

Dear PamSoper,
Thank you so much for the great feedback regarding your most recent stay with us while attending the VPPA annual convention! See you in 2016!
Luray, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Large room, everything you could need, desk, internet access, microwave, coffee maker, fridge. Beds were very comfortable with lots of pillows. Clean room. Friendly staff & safe location. Nice place to stay!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
nordway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear MommyR2,
Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay with us! I will read your comments to the staff at our next employee meeting on February 20th! We look forward to you next stay with us!
Neil B. Ordway

Been to Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View? Share your experiences!