“A nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“A nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn last week for the VA Professional Photographers convention. The room was clean and although it's not a new hotel, it has been maintained very well. The staff were very friendly and always helpful when needed. I asked the front desk for directions to an area outside of Virginia, and they said they would no some research for me. When I stopped by the desk 5 minutes later, they had printed out a map for me. This is a great hotel for a conference or a place to stay as you're travel through. The price of the room was very reasonable. The bed was very comfortable and they have 2 types of pillows which they label for you; soft or firm. The food at the restaurant was good, and the service I received was great. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
nordway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Don M,
Thanks so much for the positive feedback! We value your comments and I will read your response during on next all employee meeting on March 20th!

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chesapeake, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is our 2nd or 3rd convention here and the staff is very acommodating. They seem to be happy to take care of any request. My big issue with most hotels is the flat pillows. I like that this hotel has a ribbon around one pillow that says soft and one that is hard. So at least 3 of the six pillows on your bed should be good, and they were. The beds were very comfortable. They had installed the bow type of shower curtains. That's great for some one with a 6'3" wing span, but they are too short and don't go into the tub. So the floor gets soaked and you need the floor mat and a towel to keep the floor dry. When I first checked in, the toilet didn't look as thoroughly cleaned as it should have been, but we had one of the maid staff on the floor come take care of it with out a problem. They have a nice indoor and outdoor pool, as well as a decent gym. Overall, it's a great place for the money.

Dear KaiserPhoto,
We value your comments regarding you most recent stay with us! Whenever the occassion does arise, we hope to see you here when traveling back to the Roanoke Valley!
Stafford, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was my first time attending the VPPA Conference, and staying at The Roanoke Valley View Holiday Inn. I enjoyed the conference and my stay in the hotel. The staff was accommodating to our every need. I am very particular about my bedding, and room cleanliness in every way, and it exceeded my expectations. The staff was helpful and courteous at any time of day or night. I would stay here again, whether I was attending a conference or just in the area.

Dear PamSoper,
Thank you so much for the great feedback regarding your most recent stay with us while attending the VPPA annual convention! See you in 2016!
Neil B. Ordway, GM
Luray, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Large room, everything you could need, desk, internet access, microwave, coffee maker, fridge. Beds were very comfortable with lots of pillows. Clean room. Friendly staff & safe location. Nice place to stay!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
nordway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear MommyR2,
Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay with us! I will read your comments to the staff at our next employee meeting on February 20th! We look forward to you next stay with us!
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Have stayed here over the last six years twice a year for the nascar races. Always friendly staff nice restaurant and bar. The only thing on the last check in not recognized as a priority club member. My wife and have always enjoyed the atmosphere. Close to downtown. it is an older hotel first stayed there when it was a Clarion. A little pricey considering the age and the numerous other choices in the area

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear RonH,
Thank you for the positive feedback that you provided on your most recent stay with us! We value you and your long term loyalty to our hotel! we look forward to your next stay with us in April!
Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you!
Neil B. Ordway,
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We needed a place for one night and this hotel was suggested as a reasonable place by my work mates. The next time I go to Roanoke, I will not stay here. Again - it's OK but I'd select from others in Roanoke based on Tripadvisor reviews. The room was reasonably clean for an older property. There is a full service restaurant and we had a work holiday function dinner in a private function room. I wouldn't recommend it. Poor food, dirty, dirty dishes. They need a new dishwasher!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
nordway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear JannyBaby,
Thank you for your most recent comments with regards to your stay at our hotel. I apologize for the conditions and I would like to know what function you were here for. As I have had no complaints regarding poor quality of food or dirty dishes, If you do not mind, please email directly at nordway@roanokeholidayinn.com with your stay details so I can further investigate your comments. I greatly appreciate your feedback and take your comments very seriously.
Neil B. Ordway GM
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

It is your typical aged Holiday Inn, but clean. Had a late dinner at the restaurant inside, and food was pretty good. Overall it was a nice little place to stop and spend the night, and would stay there again if needed a hotel for the night. Location is nice and close to the airport and the "good" mall of Roanoke for shopping and food.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Dear MrJeremyT,
Thank you for your comments! We take each and every comment/suggestion very seriuosly to better ourselves for future guests. The next time your travels should bring you back through Roanoke, we hope that you will stay with us again!
Happy New Year!
Neil Ordway, GM

Been to Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View? Share your experiences!