“Wonderful Anniversary Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Windsor, North Carolina
“Wonderful Anniversary Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

This hotel is in a great location and the staff was so helpful and friendly. The hotel was beautiful! The rooms were clean and the beds were right on. Very clean and the location is iin a really good area with restaurants and shopping. The mountains are beautiful here! Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
nordway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
First and Foremost, Happy Anniversary! Thank you for your comments with regards to your most recent stay! Here's to many more happy years together! Please keep us in your Anniversary tradition plans to visit Virginia's Blue Ridge!

At your service,

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Stayed there for race weekend. Hotel was clean but to expensive. Should have booked thru a hotel site. Free pizza was awful but desk girl gave us free breakfast to make up for it. Would stay again if price was lower. Hotel is close to malls and airport.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Smithfield, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

Like another post, we visited the hotel with a group. The group had to be up early for activities over the weekend. The hotel rooms for our group were predominantly facing the inside of the hotel that is extremely pretty but just not practical, we came here to sleep, not listen to the all night party!Needless to say, my night away without my young kids as well as the young ladies that were in our group whom needed their rest, had a miserable experience. It was louder and less restful than a house full of five year olds! The young ladies in our group were awaken at 12 am by yelling in the bar!. This is a huge problem, I don't know how you can make a customer comfortable when you have your bar and late night pool open all hours of the night
and into the morning. I say put a wall and ceilings around your lounge, you'll have much
happier guests, who don't want to feel like they are either sleeping in a bar or mall.

Room Tip: Get an outside room if you want to sleep comfortably without noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Hampton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We came to visit the hotel for a softball tournament. We reserved 25 rooms at this hotel. We needed an area where the girls could just hang out and communitcate with each other. They were sitting in the lounge area"where there were 20 tables or so" and we took two of those tables, and were told they had to move. The lobby area had two small couches.. This hotel had several banquest rooms avaliable, that were not being used and was told by one of the staff that work there, that is his banquet room and that they had to get out of there... The night manager and the front desk was sarcastic and not helpful at all. The second night we statyed there the rooms smelt like a pipe busted and smelt like rotten eggs. The air condidtioner did not work. It was soo hot. The elevator got stuck twice. I would not recommend this hotel unless there staff changes or gets and attitude adjustment.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Norton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

We stayed at this hotel because the conference CLE we had to attend was at the hotel. The pros were that the hotel had a restaurant in the lobby, a gorgeous pool (both a hot tub, indoor and outdoor pool), the room was spacious and looked nice and since I was a priority rewards member they didn't give me any hassle about checking out at 2pm for late checkout. All of the staff we met were very nice. Also the conference paid for lunch at the restaurant and the food was very good and the food we ordered from room service for breakfast was also very generous and tasty.

Cons: The bathroom in our room wasn't as clean as I felt it should have been. There was mold and a clump of hair under the sink. I felt for the star rating of the hotel and how much we paid a night ($115) that they should make sure the bathrooms are spotless. Also, we were on the fifth (top) floor- and our room did not cool down all night long even though the A/C had been set to 60 degrees since 5pm when we checked in. I would say the room did not get cooler than about 78-80 and when the unit kicked on it was very noisy. Because of how hot it was (I keep my house at night just below 70 so I can sleep), I had a very poor night's rest. Also, I don't believe there was a complimentary breakfast, which is why we ordered room service (which was a nice treat, see above). My last complaint was that there were 5 floors and one elevator for all the rooms.

I'm still deciding if the convenience of staying at this hotel for the conference was worth the extra $50 I paid (there was a hotel that night with the same star level that was about $70/night). IT WAS VERY CLOSE to the airport so if you are staying here to fly out of the airport, this is a good choice, free air shuttle- no airport noises.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Chester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I arrived there in the sixth of August for a one night stay, the woman at the front desk was very pleasant and curteous. When a drink machine on my floor took my money and didn't give me a drink the same woman at the front desk was ready to give me a refund. Later when I got back from the restaurant I asked the man at the front desk for additional coffee and supplies. Since he only had coffee he called to security who took me up to the second floor to housekeeping where he gave me generous supplies of creamer and sugar. My checkout from the Holiday Inn was fast and easy, I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and my thanks to Holiday Inn Express for making my stay enjoyable

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
nordway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View, responded to this review, August 21, 2011
Thank you for your response! We appreciate your valuable feedback. Whenever you travels should bring you back to the Roanoke Valley, I hope that you will stay with us again! At your service,
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I stayed overnight here while attending a meeting that was being held at this hotel. The location is convienent enough, being right off I-581. You pass a couple of other hotels just before you get to the Holiday Inn parking lot, (Courtyard, Residence Inn, Sheraton). I might have chose the Courtyard if I had known it was there, mostly because it looked newer. The Holiday Inn is an older hotel.

The hotel lobby was nice, staff were courteous, and check-in was smooth. The elevator was old. I had a large room with a king bed and sofa. The room was clean enough, and I slept ok. LCD TV had the major channels that I would want. Everything about the hotel appears aged, but that's where the meeting I was attending was being held, so it seemed logical to stay at the same location. There is a breakfast restaurant in the center of the lobby. The breakfast was buffet style, but you still had your drink served to your table, (for a tip to the waitress). Breakfast and drink was around $11.00 plus tip. There was good wireless internet access in my room, however the wireless access in the meeting room was very weak.

Just across the interstate is lots of shopping and restaurants. There is a gas station/foodmart on the corner of the turn into the hotel, so that's easy to fill-up before heading out on the road again.

I don't really have a negative opinion of the hotel, it's just showing some age. If needing a room in the same area again, I might choose one of the newer hotels since I now know they are so close, but I wouldn't rule out staying at the Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your comment on your most recent stay at our Hotel. I greatly appreciate the feedback. I say with great enthusiasm that we are planning some renovations to our hotel guest rooms in the first quarter of 2012. If your travels should bring you back to the Roanoke Valley, we would welcome the opportunity to servicing you again!
At your service,
Neil B. Ordway, GM

Been to Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View? Share your experiences!