“Would definitely recommend and plan to return!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #14 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
“Would definitely recommend and plan to return!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

I stopped at this Holiday Inn Express after a long drive from New York on my way to visit family in North Carolina.I cannot say enough good things about my experience here! The desk staff,especially Karen Tagle,could not have been more welcoming or helpful after a long drive. Ms Tangle was a customer service angel! She not only helped check me in,but reminded that I was a priority rewards member with Holiday Inn.Ms Tangle checked my points status and it turned out I was eligible for a free nights stay! I was so grateful that not only did I get a great room,an opportunity to use a pool to get all my driving kinks out,but I got the room for free too! Ms Tangle also provided me with restaurant suggestions in the area along with driving directions .
I was so impressed with the wonderful customer service and hospitality I received at this Holiday Inn Express! I will not hesitate to go out of my way to stay at this facility again when I am traveling down to NC again and to recommend others to do so as well.
,Ms. Tangle thank you for your kindness and going the extra mile!....it was most appreciated by a weary,grateful traveler!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
nordway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Thank you for your great comments. Next week kicks off our Celebrate Service Week, where we thank every employee for their dedication, commitment and hard work. I will be reading this comment during our employee celebration. We look forward to your next stay with us!

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Scranton, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

When I first checked into this hotel, I was pleasantly surprised at the large lobby and relatively spacious rooms. However, upon further inspection, the condition of the hotel was atrocious. In the middle of the night, the entire curtain unit came out of the ceiling and crashed to the floor. The unit weighed at least thirty or forty pounds (the wood panel connecting it to the ceiling came down also), so it was quite loud. I was on the first floor, and my first thought was that my room was being broken into through the window. Even worse, since I was on the first floor right next to the entrance, anyone entering or exiting the hotel could now see in my hotel room while I was trying to sleep. I went to the front desk to request a sheet or anything that could cover the window and give me some privacy, but that request was denied. I was told that they could not give me anything like that until the next morning. So after being abruptly woken up in the middle of the night and having passersby watch me sleeping, the only thing I got was a weak apology. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. There are several better options right next door.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your most recent stay with us. I truly hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality.
Neil B. Ordway,
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

after driving 10 hours overnight and arriving at your hotel at 730 am we were extremely exhausted and just wanted somewhere to sleep. your front desk attendant, Linda Sawicki, went above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate us. she found us rooms that were already open, instead of making us wait until standard check in, and was so kind and welcoming it felt like stopping in at a close friends house. the hotel was beautiful and clean, and when our door lock got stuck, maintenance was there within 5 minutes to unlock it. thank you so much for making our stay so wonderful.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
nordway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! We will read your comment at our next all employee meeting and Celebrate! I will make sure that Linda is compensated for the service that is provided!
We look forward to the next time your travels should bring you back through the Roanoke Valley!
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

This hotel was good to stop at for a night with a pet. However, I have to say that sleep did not come easy. The window of our room faced the inside of the building, and come the early hours of the morning, whoever was out there was being extremely loud and woke us up. And it stayed loud. I realize and echo can make noise sound worse, but it was annoying. I must say also the side door was not key activated, it was just opened,so I felt like any random person could get on to my floor. The icing for me was that they said breakfast was not free. There are too many places now that do offer it for free that we could try instead.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
nordway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Thank you for your comments on your most recent stay with us. I will check the restaurant schedule to see who was working the morning your comment was in reference to, to inform them of the noise level and to ensure that they are considerate of our Atrium Room Guests. I have also informed maintenance to check our east side entry doors, as they are to be locked between 11:00pm - 7:00am and only accessible with a room key.
I truly hope that the next time your travels should bring you back through the Roanoke Valley that you will stay with us again!
Neil B. Ordway, General Manager
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

We drove an extra 3 hours to make sure our stay was at the Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View. We travel with our dog and we accidentaly found this hidden gem a couple years back as we travel back and forth up and down interstate 81. The main reason why we choose this hotel was for the fact that they accept pets. Normally you would think that a hotel that accept pets is run down, etc.. not this one. They do charge a pet fee where from what I can tell, that they use the $25.00 in turn to keep up the rooms after checking out. They have plenty of space to walk your dogs including a special pet walking area with clean up receptacle. If my dog is happy, then I am happy. So Holiday Inn in Valley View is the place for us!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
nordway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View, responded to this review, May 20, 2011
Dear Woof Woof!
Thank you for all of your positive feedback. We appreciate it very much. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View and we hope to welcome you and your dog again soon! Safe Travels!
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

We just checked out of the Holiday Inn Valley View in Roanoke, Va. We were in town to attend my Daughter's graduation at Virginia Tech. We recieved our express check out and on he back it stated to review us on Trip Advisor. We have never done so, and upon review of recent comments I truly do not understand the need to banter a fine property that is doing a great job. Know a days, anyone can write anything on line and forever tarnish their image and take forever to overcome negativity. Granted it is not a new property, however the room we were in was very spacious, and VERY clean. We were thoroughly impressed with the front desk staff. Karen and Aaron checked us in and again checked us out on Saturday. They were very professional and had a genuine attitude that they cared. Being a platinum member of priority club we recieved a coupon for breakfast in the restaurant. The restaurant was packed with others headed to Graduation in Blacksburg. Solo and Robert were outstanding, we did eat the buffet as we were in a hurry to beat traffic and my husband wanted fried eggs and Robert went out of his way to make sure that he did get them. Solo made sure that I had hot tea to go. Again they were busy and we did not expect them to even focus on our little needs, however everyone in the restaurant recieved the same service. The hotel was 'decked' out with Virginia Tech touches including oragne and maroon flowers on the tables in the restaurant. If the staff or management did not care about their guests, then they certainly would not of done these little touches to make us feel even more at home. We usually stay in Blacksburg, however with everything full in Blacksburg we decided to stay in Roanoke, which is a quick 30 minutes away up 81. Whenever we need to travel back to this area we will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Become a priority club member with holiday inn.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
nordway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Thank you for all of your positive feedback. We appreciate it very much. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View and we hope to welcome you again soon!

Greece, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

very nice hotel lobby was very nice elevators are outdated room was very clean ,shower was very good.tv. was picture for a flat screen wasnt good . when you sleep you hear the frig hum. worst of all the bed were rock hard. my back was in bad shape when i work up.sleep quality is everything and wasnt very good

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
nordway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View, responded to this review, May 14, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your valuable insight. I have brought your concerns to the attention of our housekeeping staff and maintenance staff. We understand the quality of a good night's sleep. During our most recent refresh of the Holiday Inn Brand, the main area that our brand focused on was our bedding. I will pull your details to personally inspect the room you were in to ensure our bedding is in compliance.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for this inconvenience during your stay with us. And thank you for all of the candid feedback of our hotel and staff.

Neil Ordway, GM

Been to Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View? Share your experiences!