“Bug Infested Rooms” 1 of 5 stars

Atlanta
“Bug Infested Rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2007

Hello,

I had this room booked for business travel for 4 days and arrived to a room that was bug infested with gnats and the A/C did not work. I complained and was moved to another room that had the same issues. After being moved I left and went to another hotel that was bug free and had A/C. I am a frequent traveler and have stayed at many Hampton Inns but this place was really not up to the standards of a hampton Inn. I never received a call from management saying the apologize for my stay. I will never stay at this property again.

• Stayed May 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2006

I had someone book this stay for me or I would have checked out the reviews and known not to stay here. As the last reviewer stated this hotel doesn't have an elevator, which made it difficult hauling two infants (and portable cribs, etc) up and down. Also as noted, doors that open straight to the parking lot.

I also encountered one of the rudest desk clerks I've ever come across, however the lady working the breakfast area was one of the nicest, so I guess that balances the staff out.

The room was OK, but not having an elevator and potential security issues with an isolated parking lot, will keep me from staying here again.

• Stayed May 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2005

This property has OUTSIDE entrances, I was not aware of this when booking. I travel alone and I was very uncomfortable most of my stay.
NO ELEVATOR!!!!
If your are checked into a room at the end of the hotel it is a very long walk to the lobby for the breaskfast they offer. I did not have a car so I did not go to the breakfast. I would not walk outside to get the free eats.
The back of the hotel, which is where they put me, was very noisey. There was a hill in which 18 wheelers constantly drove up all night. Very noiesy. The heat didn't seem to work right and I was cold all night. Had to put extra blankets on.
Not convenient to anything. I will not stay at this property again.

• Stayed October 2005
atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2005

We had a one-night stay at this hotel during a trip from NY to Atlanta. I found the room extremely clean and well-kept and the breakfast bar wonderful. But I had to complain that the room was extremely damp and I found it very uncomfortable for that reason. It was raining the night we stayed there, so that may have had something to do with it. This hotel also faces the interstate so you have traffic noise. Other than those things, this hotel is a good choice.

Stayed August 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2005

This is a typical Hampton Inn, with a typical HI free breakfast
bar that varies with the seasons (or is it with management).
In any event, the breakfast bar is pretty good.

If you plan to stay there, be aware that the front of the
building (the east side) is exposed to an interstate
highway some distance away, but traffic noice can
be a problem to sensitive people. The opposite side
of the building faces a wall and is quiet.

Upon occasion some sixteen-wheelers stay overnight
and park in the back of the smoking building. So, if in
smoking, you might have to listen to one idle for an
hour or two at about 5 or 6 o'clock in the morning.

Now that we know which rooms to request, we keep
returning.

• Stayed June 2004, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Roanoke? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Roanoke

Address: 6621 Thirlane Rd. N.W., Roanoke, VA 24019
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Best Value Hotel in Roanoke
#7 Family Hotel in Roanoke
Hotel Class:3 star — Motel 6 Roanoke 3*
Our Motel 6 is pet friendly and pets stay free at Motel 6. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Motel 6 Roanoke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Roanoke Airport Hotel Roanoke
Roanoke Hampton Inn

If you own or manage Motel 6 Roanoke, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.