“Nothing to write home about” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Roanoke to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Motel 6 Roanoke
6621 Thirlane Rd. N.W., Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Hampton Inn Roanoke Airport)   |
Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Ranked #15 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Nebraska
“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

This Hampton Inn is a good place to stay. It has a close proximity to the airport, but not too close. The rooms are fairly quiet and there is very little "road or airplane noise." The room I stayed in was very large. They have nice flat screen Television sets. Apparently though they haven't installed their "famous" cloud mattress in this particular room yet, I found it a little hard for my taste. Would I stay here again? Yes.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Charlottesville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2009

As with the other reviewers this is my experience of my stay:

Pros:

Check-in was fast & efficient
Was given a room on the 1st floor
Breakfast was suitable for a regular morning
Proximity to airport
Waffle House is only a 3 min walk.
Only 5 minute drive to Valley View Mall (big mall with lots of adjoining restaurants)
Only a 5 to 10 minute drive to Roanoke Civic Center
Only a 5 minute drive to Interstate 81 North of South

Cons:

All rooms are exterior (all rooms are outside)
All rooms on 1st floor will lead you directly into the parking lot
There are a number of trucks that go in and out, but i didn't really notice the noise

Would stay here again though since the price was very good.

• Liked — Proximity to Airport & Interstate
  • Disliked — Outside Rooms that lead into Parking lot
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2008

When I first saw the hotel I was a little worried about the quality. The hotel has outside entrances to the rooms. So, my immediate thought was "Oh, no, it's like a motel."
Well, I was pleasantly surprised at how well their renovations were. Besides having to carry luggage upstairs (There's no elevator.), I was happy with the room. I'm not sure how long ago the renovations were done; but I was not disappointed. The room did have a little bit of ware on it; but not so much that I was not happy.
The room had the new bedding and linens. It also had a nice flat screen TV, refrigerator, and a microwave.
The vanity was a little small in order to make room for the fridge; but I had plenty of room for my things.
If you are looking for brand new accommodations, then this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a good place to stay that has everything you need and a good price, then this is the place.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Richmond
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

I stayed here 2 nights for business. I was unaware that it was more of a motor lodge with my entrance leading directly into the parking lot. There were 2 large spiders in the sink, and gnats everywhere.
When taking a shower, could only get a tepid temperature at best.
The mattress was very uncomfortable and also had to deal with noisy surroundings.
A tractor trailer cab was parked directly outside of my room with the engine running and I had to call the front desk since it was around 10:30 at night. The driver eventually left.
Breakfast bar was average.
Front desk staff was very nice and speed of check in and check out was very speedy.
Did not feel secure since I was on the first floor, and door did not swing automatically shut. I was also told by a co-worker from that area that this motel was situated very close to a questionable neighborhood.

• Liked — convenience to business site
  • Disliked — Security
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2008

I had a blowout in Bristol Tenn and it ruined my plans to be in PA by nightfall.
A very helpful night clerk found us a room and gave me good directions in.
The breakfast was excellent and the room was nice but best of all was the accommodating night clerk who found us a room on short notice. It was near midnight and we had no previous reservation.

• Liked — the service
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2007

Surprised at the exterior rooms into the parking lot. We stayed one night. The room was clean and very spacious. The bed seems to sag in the center, it felt like you were moving down hill. My husband was very uncomfortable. There were bright lights in the walkway outside the bedroom window which allow much light to enter. I tried to cover it up with towels but light came in above the curtain rod. The breakfast bar was good with the usual Hampton fare. I will not stay there again.

Stayed August 2007
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2007

Hello,

I had this room booked for business travel for 4 days and arrived to a room that was bug infested with gnats and the A/C did not work. I complained and was moved to another room that had the same issues. After being moved I left and went to another hotel that was bug free and had A/C. I am a frequent traveler and have stayed at many Hampton Inns but this place was really not up to the standards of a hampton Inn. I never received a call from management saying the apologize for my stay. I will never stay at this property again.

• Stayed May 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Roanoke? Share your experiences!