“This Hotel Is Showing It's Age” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Roanoke

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Roanoke to your Saves list
Motel 6 Roanoke
6621 Thirlane Rd. N.W., Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Hampton Inn Roanoke Airport)   |
Ranked #15 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Silver Spring, United States
“This Hotel Is Showing It's Age”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

The staff were pleasant & efficient and the rooms were clean. However, this is a very old hotel with partially clogged sinks, noisy HVAC system, very lumpy comforters, outside room entrances, and some rooms with no nearby parking. My comforter should have been replaced. The breakfast was better than most complimentary meals and the cook/server and cleaning staff did a great job. The problems that I encountered were not the staff's fault, but were primarily due to the age and design of the hotel. I do not plan to stay at this Hampton Inn again, but I will stay at other HIs.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Yorktown, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

As is noted in other reviews, this is an older motel style with exterior doors as indicated on their website. Large spacious room that was spotlessly clean. While the furnishings are dated, they were all clean and performed their intent. I didn’t find the mattress as comfortable as other Hampton Inns but we had a good night’s rest without any noise from the adjoining rooms. Hotel appeared to be fully booked on a Friday night. Parking lot was well lit and we didn’t feel unsafe in any manner. Had the typical Hampton Inn breakfast that was fresh and well stocked. For what we paid, I thought we got good value and although I prefer the newer hotel layout with interior doors, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
boston, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Have stayed at this hotel on several occasions en route from my home in MA to Mississippi. It is very quiet, rooms and beds comfortable. The front desk staff(check in and check out) as well as the breakfast area attendant were warm, welcoming and extremely helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Decatur, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

This hotel has exterior rooms and the outside of the hotel and the lobby look very old, dated and shabby. This does not live up to the standard normally set by the Hampton Inn brand. I would definitely not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Washington, DC, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I was disappointed with this hotel from the minute I drove up. The exterior entrances, especially to rooms in the back of the hotel, felt very unsafe to me. The room itself was very old and run down. The bed did not look like something I wanted to get in to. I left without staying.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Severna Park, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We simply needed a place to stay for a college visit. We didn't need anything 'fancy', but we didn't want to stay in a dive either. Hampton was great. A nice clean room, solid Internet, comfortable beds. All of our expectations were met. The room was cozy, quiet, and comfortable. The staff was excellent... during our stay AND after! My daughter was wearing her glasses that evening, but put in her contact lenses in the morning before we left. Didn't realize she had left her glasses until the next evening (several hundred miles away). The staff was EXCELLENT when I called. Housekeeping did another sweep of the room and they found them quickly. They had fallen between the nightstand and the bed. No wonder I didn't see them when I did a final check of the room! Anyway, they are shipping them back to us. It was a great stay (and a nice college).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Melissa A, Assistant General Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Hello, I am very glad to see that your stay with us was a good one. If you are ever in the area again please call on us and we will be glad to help out with your lodging needs.
Boston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Very clean & friendly. This is a well managed Hampton Inn & the staff is friendly and the rooms are very clean. I have tried other hotels in the area and they are not up to the standards of this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for chosing our Hampton while you were in the Roanoke area. I am glad to see that we honored our Guarantee and gave you great service and clean rooms. If you are ever in the Roanoke area again please feel free to contact us and we will help you in any way we can.

Been to Motel 6 Roanoke? Share your experiences!