“Nice and cozy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Roanoke

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Roanoke to your Saves list
Motel 6 Roanoke
6621 Thirlane Rd. N.W., Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Hampton Inn Roanoke Airport)   |
Ranked #15 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Suffolk, Virginia
“Nice and cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My family spent a couple of nights recently at this Hampton Inn and I only have good things
to say about it. The room was fresh and nice, the beds were comfortable, the internet
service was fast and the breakfast buffet was first class. I would highly recommend this
property -- it is price competitive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Melissa A, Assistant General Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Good Morning, I am very glad to see that your stay with us was a good one. We really appreciate you choosing our facility for your lodging needs. If you are ever in the area again please feel free to call on us and we will be glad to assist you in any way we can.

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Milford, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This hotel was well located but the rooms were old. We love the Hampton brand but this one was a disappointment. I understand they are building a new one and this will be a Motel 6 or something . . . .won't go back.

Room Tip: don't think there is one . . .
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Morning, I am very sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay here with us. I do hope that our stay gave you the friendly service and the clean rooms as you are acustomed to with Hampton.
Culpeper
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Easy to get to right off I-81 and I-581. Our room was large, they offer free internet, the bathroom had two sinks and a separate tub and shower. We use Hilton Honors points so we considered this a good value. We were attending a football game at Virginia Tech and found this to be a nice choice. The only thing that I did not like was the quality of the breakfast foods that were offered. It was nice to get a complimentary copy of the Roanoke Times on Saturday morning.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Melissa A, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Good Afternoon, I would like to thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn while staying in the Roanoke area. I am very glad to see that we did stand behind our guarantee and give you a clean and comfortable stay while you were with us. If you are ever in the area again please feel free to contact us for your lodging needs.
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This hotel is very poor quality. The building is old, dated and the rooms are small w/ exterior doors. The shower head was so low, at 5'6" I had to bend over to wash my hair. The room smelled stale and the beds were like rocks. The exterior is heavily lit with florescent lights that shine directly into the rooms. The curtains are skimpy & the room was so bright from the exterior lights that I couldn't fall asleep. Finally had to climb on a chair and hang a blanket over the windows and stuff pillows under the curtain. When I called the desk they couldn't have cared less! The next morning when I complained I was told they (the staff) had all stayed there and liked it. The staffer was snippy and finally told me that she wouldn't charge me but that no one else has ever complained. I would advise skipping this place! I would rather pay the money and get a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Just say no to this one!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Melissa A, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for letting us know how your stay was while at our property. I am very sorry for the inconvenience you were caused while at our property. I am very sorry that we could not cut off the lights that are outside for safety and security. Our Front Desk staff did offered to come up to room and help any way she could. I once again do apologize for your stay. If you are ever in the Roanoke Area again we would be more than happy to help you find lodging that is more suitable for your needs. I am very glad to see that we did stand behind our 100% guarantee policy for you.
Olando, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Not only were the accommodations wonderful, but the staff had made homemade chili for the guests for dinner, so we didn't have to go out in the cold. Then a full breakfast the next morning. King size bed, very unusual for a Hampton Inn. Highly recommend!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Good Morning and I hope you had very safe traveles to your next destination. I am very glad to see that we did stand behind our promise to you as a valued guest and gave you friendly service and a clean room. If you are ever in the Roanoke area again please call on us for your lodging needs. Thanks
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hotel was great, rooms were very spacious and clean. The hotel offered hot breakfast and free internet service. Hotel staff was very nice and helpful. The location was great as far as things to do in the area. Close to food and malls, and convienant to get downtown. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Robert C, Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Good Afternoon and Thank You for choosing our hotel property to stay @ while you were in the area. We are pleased to see that we kept our promise to you as our valued guests and made your stay a pleasant and comfortable one. Also, that we supplied you with friendly service and a clean guest room. We are happy to see that when you are back in the area again, that we will get the opportunity to Welcome you back to our hotel. Have a Great Day and safe travels to your next destination.
springvale, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Every time we travel, we stay mostly at Hampton Inn because of the cleanliness. We know that ALL our bedding is clean for us (not just the sheets). The hot breakfast is adequate and the staff accomodating. What draws us back to Hampton Inn is the CLEANLINESS!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Robert C, Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Good Morning and Thank You for relaying your recent stay experience onto us. We are happy to see that we kept our promise to you as we do with all our valued guest and made your stay a comfortable and pleasant one by supplying you with friendly service and a clean guest room. We look forward to getting the opportunity of Welcoming you back to our property when you return to the Roanoke area. Have a Great Day and safe travels.

Been to Motel 6 Roanoke? Share your experiences!