“A real gem” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Flemington, New Jersey, USA
“A real gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Even though the rooms enter to the outside (Renovated Property) this hotel was an excellent choice and when you factor the value for the money, it was outstanding. The staff was a delight, rooms were very big for a Hampton and bathroom was very large with a tub/shower combo and large separate shower, two sinks in separate dressing area with fridge, freezer and microwave. Will stay there again on my next trip to Roanoke.

Ps. the Mexican restaurant next door is very good too!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Robert C, Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Good Morning. We wanted to Thank You for letting us know that as one of our many valued guest, that we appreciate you letting us know that we kept our promise to you and supplied you with friendly service, clean guest room and comfortable surroundings. We are also happy to see that we will get the opportunity to Welcome you back to our property when your travels bring you thru the Roanoke area again. Have a Great Day and safe travels.

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We usually always stay at Hamptons or Hilton Garden Inns and we usually know what to expect from a standard hotel of this chain. When we booked this hotel we knew that room access was from the outside, so I don't see any reason to grade it as negative or positive, because you are aware of the fact when you book and you proceed based on that knowledge. This hotel was offering the best price among Hamptons in this area, and that decided it for us.

Cleanliness - always a very important issue for me - this hotel was very clean. I didn't see any old stains on the carpet or upholstery in the room or in the dining area (like in some Hampton's that had turned me away from Hamptons for a while). The bed was spotless, the bathroom was clean. The only thing that they always forget to clean (and it applies to pretty much every single Hampton I stayed in) that plastic grate above your head in the bathroom that covers lights and vents. In this Hampton there were 2 or 3 of them and one of them above the toilet had dust and spider webs all over it. Please clean it, guys, it spoils the overall impression.

Room setup - we loved it. A bathtub with a separate shower area and a separate vanity outside of the bathroom was a very pleasant surprise. The room and the bathroom were very spacious for a Hampton. Our room had a microwave and a fridge with a separate freezer compartment.

Swimming pool - we didn't use it, but it looked pretty, it's an outdoor pool, it even has a special lift for handicapped people.

Breakfast - the usual Hampton fare, which tends to be better on weekends - scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, etc.

Staff - courteous enough.

The only reason I am giving this hotel 4 stars is because my first impression was that the place was not very safe - we arrived around 10 pm and the main door was locked, the receptionist told me that the room number is on my key and she wouldn't want to say it out loud in case someone overheard - small things that trigger concern. My fears were not confirmed in any way. I didn't see any shady people hanging around, so it's just a side note.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert C, Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Good Morning and Thank You for the comments you shared on our Trip Advisor website. We are happy to see that we made your stay a comfortable and pleasant one while you were with us. We find that with all our valued guest such as yourself that we kept our promise to you and supplied you with friendly service, clean guest room and comfortable surroundings. We do look forward to Welcoming you back to our hotel property when and if your travel plans bring you into the area. Safe travels and we wish you a Great Day.
Hartselle Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

For an older property without interior hallways, this was an excellent choice in very good condition with a most courteous and helpful staff. Restaurant recommendations were spot on. Quiet, restful night. The bathroom was really nice with a tub and large separate shower and two sinks in separate dressing area. Very satisfied.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Robert C, Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Good Morning and we hope you had a safe trip to your next destination. We would like to Thank You for relaying the experience you had during your previous stay @ our hotel property. As with all of our guests, we are happy to see that as a Hampton property, that we kept our promise to you as our valued guest and supplied you with the kind of service you come to expect. We look forward to getting the opportunity to Welcome you back to our hotel when and if your plans bring you into the Roanoke area.
Afton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great hotel from the time I checked in to the time I checked out. Great staff and very clean rooms. Breakfast was great. The price was great compare to other hotels in the area, and it included breakfast, and internet service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We would like to Thank You for choosing our Hampton property while you were in the Roanoke area. I am glad to see that as our valued guest, that we supplied you with the friendly service, clean guest room and pleasant surroundings that we promise to you at checkin, during your stay and checkout that we always are happy to stand behind. We do hope that when you are in the Roanoke area again, that we will get the opportunity to Welcome you back to our hotel property.
Midlothian, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

It was okay, although for the price (and being a Hampton Inn), I expected better. It was clean, but the whole place was kind of old and run down, and the carpet and bathroom floor were a little sticky. Plus, the closet smelled really musty, and the bedspread was oddly lumpy. It was a tolerable place to stay, but I have to say I would never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Robert C, Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Good Afternoon and Thank You for responding to your recent stay with us and the experience thru our Trip Advisor page. We appreciate every response, whether it be a good one or a not so good one. I do apologize that we did not live up to your expecations of what Hampton stands for and I will discuss tis with my housekeeping and maintenance staff that are here on property. Although you will nto be returning to our hotel property, I do wish you safe travels and hope you have a good day. If there is anything else I may be able to help you with, please feel free to contact me and it will be my pleasure to assist you to the best of my ability. In the end run, all our valued guest are our #1 priority in ensuring that we live up to our promise that we stand behind.
Richmond, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Nice Property and convenient to key business areas in the area. Personnel are friendly and make you feel welcome. I Prefer indoor access to the rooms especially in winter months; however, this is a nice property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Robert C, Manager at Hampton Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Good Morning and Thank You for letting us and all the travelers who are either passing thru or visiting the area know of your stay while you were with us at our property. As our valued guest, it is very much appreciated to know that we kept our promise to you and made your stay a pleasant and comfortable one. We look forward to Welcoming you back to our hotel when you are in the area again. Have a Great Day and safe travels.
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've stayed at this location several times and they have clean and comfortable rooms. All the rooms have outside entrances and I have not ever seen an elevator so if you have a handicap, it would be advisable to plan ahead by making a reservation on the first floor. The property has always been quiet and safety has never been an issue. The breakfast is typical for this brand. There is a Mexican restaurant beside the hotel, so if you get there at dinner time, a quick meal is available.

Room Tip: All the rooms have outside entrances and I have not ever seen an elevator so if you have a handicap...