“Top of the line service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Roanoke

You added Motel 6 Roanoke to your Saves list
Motel 6 Roanoke
6621 Thirlane Rd. N.W., Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Hampton Inn Roanoke Airport)   |
Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Afton, United States
“Top of the line service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Great hotel from the time I checked in to the time I checked out. Great staff and very clean rooms. Breakfast was great. The price was great compare to other hotels in the area, and it included breakfast, and internet service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Robert C, Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
We would like to Thank You for choosing our Hampton property while you were in the Roanoke area. I am glad to see that as our valued guest, that we supplied you with the friendly service, clean guest room and pleasant surroundings that we promise to you at checkin, during your stay and checkout that we always are happy to stand behind. We do hope that when you are in the Roanoke area again, that we will get the opportunity to Welcome you back to our hotel property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Midlothian, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

It was okay, although for the price (and being a Hampton Inn), I expected better. It was clean, but the whole place was kind of old and run down, and the carpet and bathroom floor were a little sticky. Plus, the closet smelled really musty, and the bedspread was oddly lumpy. It was a tolerable place to stay, but I have to say I would never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Robert C, Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Good Afternoon and Thank You for responding to your recent stay with us and the experience thru our Trip Advisor page. We appreciate every response, whether it be a good one or a not so good one. I do apologize that we did not live up to your expecations of what Hampton stands for and I will discuss tis with my housekeeping and maintenance staff that are here on property. Although you will nto be returning to our hotel property, I do wish you safe travels and hope you have a good day. If there is anything else I may be able to help you with, please feel free to contact me and it will be my pleasure to assist you to the best of my ability. In the end run, all our valued guest are our #1 priority in ensuring that we live up to our promise that we stand behind.
Richmond, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Nice Property and convenient to key business areas in the area. Personnel are friendly and make you feel welcome. I Prefer indoor access to the rooms especially in winter months; however, this is a nice property.

Robert C, Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Good Morning and Thank You for letting us and all the travelers who are either passing thru or visiting the area know of your stay while you were with us at our property. As our valued guest, it is very much appreciated to know that we kept our promise to you and made your stay a pleasant and comfortable one. We look forward to Welcoming you back to our hotel when you are in the area again. Have a Great Day and safe travels.
Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've stayed at this location several times and they have clean and comfortable rooms. All the rooms have outside entrances and I have not ever seen an elevator so if you have a handicap, it would be advisable to plan ahead by making a reservation on the first floor. The property has always been quiet and safety has never been an issue. The breakfast is typical for this brand. There is a Mexican restaurant beside the hotel, so if you get there at dinner time, a quick meal is available.

Room Tip: All the rooms have outside entrances and I have not ever seen an elevator so if you have a handicap...
Robert C, Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Good Afternoon and Thank You for relaying your experience during your stay with us while you were in the Roanoke area. We are glad to see that as our valued guest, that we were able to Welcome you back to our hotel property and that we made your stay was a pleasant and comfortable one. We look forward to having you back with us at our hotel when your travels bring you this way and if there is anything else I can help you with, please feel free to let me know and I will assist you to the best of my ability.
Richmond, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Older, remodeled facility. Convenient to airport and downtown. Although, you have to make a weird u-turn maneuver to access downtown bound highway, but once you figure it out it isn't so bad.
Place was consistently clean. Breakfast was always very good - and nice big area for multiple patrons. Food was good quality with several options. Staff were always very friendly and personable - eager to help and answer concerns. Located near several restaurants as well.
Overall a nice place - just not the finest quality that one sometimes expects from the Hampton name.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Robert C, Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Good Afternoon and Thank You for letting us know that we as part of the Hampton Brand kept our promise to you as our valued guest and made your stay a pleasant and comfortable one while you were with us. We are pleased that we supplied you with friendly service, a clean guest room and comfortable surroundings and we lived up to your expectations as a Hampton Inn. We look forward to getting the opportunity to Welcome you back to our property whenever your travels bring you in the Roanoke area.
Ardmore, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were taking a long drive up I-81 and needed a place to stay. This hotel is a good stopover. It was convenient and the room was clean. The room had a refridgerator and microwave. There isn't anything fancy, but that's not what we were going for. Try the Mexican restaurant next door, but that's another review.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Robert C, Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Good Morning and Thank You for letting us know of how your experience was during your time at our hotel property. We are happy to see as we are with all our valued guests that we kept our promise to you and made your stay a pleasant and comfortable one and that we supplied you with a clean room. We look forward to getting the opportunity to Welcome you back to our property when and if you are ever in the Roanoke area again.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed at this location on the last night of a four night stay in the city during 4th of July week, and primarily due to my first hotel(Hotel Roanoke Conference Center) being sold out that particular night. Located right near a major interstate made this location convenient for me for the last day in town. The hotel was clean, and the staff was very nice. If back in town, for the price, I would stay there again(was about 20.00/night difference from Hotel Roanoke when I booked).

I did not partake in breakfast the following morning,

Robert C, Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Good Afternoon and Thank You for keeping us informed that we made your stay a comfortable and pleasant one and that we supplied you with everything you expect and deserve as our valued guest when you stayed at this property. We are happy to see that we will get the opportunity to Welcome you back to our hotel when you are in the area again.

Been to Motel 6 Roanoke? Share your experiences!