We stayed in one of the whirlpool suites - 297 - overlooking the pool.
- Property is in good shape considering the building is older.
- room was spotlessly clean
- beautiful view of the pool and gardens
- beautifully kept gardens
- really nice breakfast
- staff at breakfast was very nice, helpful, and kept everything on the buffet full.
- nice selection of teas at breakfast (none in room)
- having a full-size room separate from the bedroom is wonderful.
- Mexican restaurant next door was fantastic. Fantastic.
- "whirlpool" tub is a regular sized bathtub with some jets.... I think the "whirlpool" may be pushing it on the description, but then they didn't have pics and I should have asked
- the pull-switch to go from tub to shower leaked so badly that most of the water pressure ran off. Seriously, it was like Manneken Pis had come to visit from Brussels.
- had to wander around and eventually find someone to meet me at the desk to check in. Even then I was grunted at, given a key, and told the wrong stairwell to find the room. Not fun after a long day travelling.
I don't mean to sound overly critical - this is a nice Hampton Inn, and the breakfast fare and staff were wonderful. We just had a rough check-in and a bit of a surprise with the "whirlpool" being a regular size tub. A few more pictures of the room would've been nice. We'll be there again in a few weeks (testament to our like for the place) and will take some pics if we're in the same room.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Good Evening. Thank You for letting us know how your stay went while you are with us and the fellow travellers that pass thru Roanoke, Va. I appreciate your pros and cons about your recent stay with us and I do hope that we recognized thru your arrival, stay and departure that you as our valued guest, are our #1 priority. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your check-in process in more detail and I would be more than happy to assist you to the best of my ability. I do hope that if you are in the Roanoke area again, that we would get the opportunity to Welcome you back to our property.
Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.