“Looks are deceiving, nice place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Roanoke

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Roanoke to your Saves list
Motel 6 Roanoke
6621 Thirlane Rd. N.W., Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Hampton Inn Roanoke Airport)   |
Ranked #14 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Virginia
“Looks are deceiving, nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Looks like a motel from the outside, and it is an older property. However, the room I had this trip was very spacious, clean, huge bathroom with a really good shower. Staff is very nice. Even though it's not far from the Interstate and the airport, the rooms are really quiet.

I didn't use the Internet as I have a Mifi that I feel more comfortable with. So i cant speak to that. Another thing I realy liked is that on the nightstand, they had a hard wired, secure 4 outlet box. Being a business traveler, I always carry a power strip, but not needed here.

I will return.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Robert C, Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank You for letting us know how your stay went while you are in the Roanoke area. We Welcome all feedback from all our guests, whether it be during a good stay or maybe not such a good stay. I am happy to see that we kept our promise to you for a clean room, friendly service and comfortable surroundings. Our extra outletson the nightstand (cubies), which they are a Hampton standard does help alot of business and leisurely travelers with staying connected, or plugging in cell phones, or power strips as you had mentioned. Thank You once again for notifying us of your stay and we will await the opportunity to Welcome you back to our hotel property. Until then, have a Great Day & safe travels to your next destination.

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Don't judge this hotel by the outside. It looks a bit dated, but the rooms are big and really nice and clean. Request a corner room if possible - they are the biggest. I found the room more comfortable than the more expensive Hilton Garden Inn I was forced to use in NJ.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the biggest.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Robert C, Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
I would like to Thank You for letting us and other travellers know of your experience you had while you were staying at our hotel property. We appreciate any of our guests feedback whether it is pertaining to a good stay, or a not so good stay. All of our valued guests are our #1 priority when it comes to their experience here, because we want to make sure we gave each and everyone of you the best possible service you could come to expect and deserve. This helps us to continue to improve and to know that we have kept our promise to everyone that we have Welcomed at our property and it also let's us know that we will see you again when passing thru the area. Thank You for you feedback and words of appreciation.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I never have problems at a Hampton Inn. If I do there are always corrected with no questions asked. the Hampton Inn Airport, Roanoke is always a good value! I have been traveling to the Roanoke area for over thirty years and have never had a problem when syaying at this Hampton Inn. I can't say that about the other motels in the area!

Room Tip: You can always count on Hampton Inns for cleanliness and great service!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Robert C, Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to relay your experience about your recent stay with us here on Trip Advisor. Our goal and promise is to always give all our guest the kind of service they come to expect and deserve and i am happy to see that we kept our promise to you as our valued guest. I do hope that when you are in the Roanoke area again, that we will get the opportunity to Welcome you back to our property and when you are elsewhere, I wish you safe travels to your next destination. Much Thanks once again.
Farmington, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. If you are planning on staying here be aware that the rooms do open to the outside which is something not typical for a Hampton Inn. The staff was extremely helpful when asked for advice on restaurants in the area. I also had some great conversation with the front desk worker Mr. Painter. He and shared some of his great travel experiences and recommended a great late night pizza place. The hotel does show it's age. But, it did have some interesting touches like multiple outlets and USB charging ports bedside. I wish more hotels had this. Overall you know you get with a Hampton Inn. Good service, nice breakfast and a nice place to stay.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Robert C, Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank You fro choosing our hotel property as your choice of lodging while you were visiting the Roanoke Virginia area. I want to Thank You for letting us know that we lived up to your expectations and supplied you with the type of service that you come and expect from Hampton Inn. We do hope that when you are back in the area again, that we will get the opportunity to Welcome you back to our property. Much Thanks for all your feedback and I wish you a good day and safe travels to your next destination.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

From the outside you might be skeptical because it's got the look of a motel with the doors on the outside. But inside the room, it's very clean and I loved seeing the post-it notes on each bed that said "Duvet covers and sheets are clean for your arrival" - I'm guessing this is a standard for all Hampton Inn hotels? Also nice flatscreen TV, and they have all the major cable stations incl. HBO. They also have free WIFI in the rooms, and free USA Today at the front desk.

The front desk staff were very nice, and rates are about the same as other area hotels.

Like other Hampton Inns, they have free breakfast which was pretty good - scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, waffles, muffins/danish/toast, cereal, fruit, fresh oatmeal (w/ TOASTED almonds, brown sugar, raisins), and yogurt. I also loved seeing the "To Go Breakfast" brown bags at the front desk for guests who don't have time to sit down and eat.

If you're looking for somewhere to eat for lunch/dinner and you like Mexican, definitely go to El Toreo next door. Food is good and prices are very reasonable.

FYI - Hampton Inn is located off I-81. Just take exit 143, and then take the first exit off I-581.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the first floor if you're a senior - they don't have elevators.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Robert C, Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank You so much for letting us know how your stay went while you were with us. We are happy to see that we kept our promise to you as our valued guest and made your stay a pleasant and comfortable one. We look forward to Welcoming your return stay with us when you are in the Roanoke area again.
UNIONTOWN, OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was disappointed with this hotel and will go a little farther down the highway next time I visit Roanoke. It was inexpensive and a good location. I was surprised when a co-worker with less Hilton status was upgraded when he checked in to the hotel; we checked in at the same time. The hotel appeared to be a motel that was purchased by Hilton. The rooms had an outside entrance and my room was actually in a completely separate building. The room was clean and very large. The room did not have a comfortable chair or sofa but had 2 straight back wooden chairs to sit in. The desk chair was the same type of wooden chair. The front desk staff was very friendly. They had the typical breakfast but I did find it unique that they had a crock of soup each afternoon available for guests at no charge.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Robert C, Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry for the condition of your guest suite. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area.
blacksburg, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed twice a few days apart, the first night was a good room but regulating the temperature was a job. The second stay was on the upper level and it turns out the room had been updated. The temperature was easier to regulate and several small features were updated as well. I expect all the rooms have been updated by now.
To their credit, the Hampton Inn folks are true to their words: 100% satisfaction! I had trouble flushing the toilet in the first room, I told the staff and they credited me the night for helping them fix a problem.

Room Tip: ask if it has been updated recently
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Robert C, Manager at Motel 6 Roanoke, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank You for supplying the information about your most recent stay with us. We take all our valued guests feedback seriously and continue to strive each and everyday to ensure you get the kind of service and comfortable stay you come to expect while you are with us. We do hope that when you are in the Roanoke area again, that we will get the opportunity to Welcome your return stay with us.