“GREAT place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Roanoke

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Roanoke to your Saves list
Motel 6 Roanoke
6621 Thirlane Rd. N.W., Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Hampton Inn Roanoke Airport)   |
Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
york, pa
“GREAT place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The staff was very pleasant and helpful and not rude. We were in town looking for a room and checked at the Holiday Inn first, but the desk clerk was very rude, acting like I wasn't good enough to stay at her hotel, so we kept looking. I am glad we kept looking because we were able to find a better hotel with staff that treated us great. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable. The room had a fridge and microwave, which is always a plus. I didn't hear any highway noise, and I was on the 2nd floor facing the highway. The view from our room was the Blue Ridge Mountains, which was a definite plus. Without hesitation, I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The staff were very friendly and personable. Breakfast was a good average but we had to wait for a table as there are only a few.

The pool looked a bit dirty but that may had actually been the age of it. There weren't enough towels for our family by the pool, which was odd as it was August and I think we were the only ones using it.

The place is more like a cheap motel than a Hampton Inn. Everything was dated. You park right outside your door and the fluorescent light shines into your room. The worst part was the air conditioner. It was so loud that it kept waking us up.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here after a horrible night at the hotel across the street. Much better experience all was as expected, but not the quality of some of the other Hamptons I have stayed at. This is the best hotel in this area. Better hotels can be had at the next exit down near the airport.

• Stayed August 2012
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

As my wife so eloquently put it, it was "the most motel-ish Hampton Inn we have ever stayed in". And we've stayed in quite a few.

Pulling in to this one's parking lot you are immediately struck by the worn out, used-to-be look of the place. But checking in was pleasant enough with the lobby and the breakfast area kept to the standards of the best Hampton Inns.

The room location was ground level with an outside entrance allowing us to park directly in front of our room being ideal so not to have to tote up stairs the massive amount of luggage my wife packed. (Just kidding honey)

Stepping into the room, though, things began to drift downhill. A damp, moldy odor lingered as the air conditioner pumped a full force arctic wind throughout the room. The carpet had an edge of dampness to it as if it was cleaned just minutes before our arrival.

The room itself was very spacious with a large clean, well cared for bathroom including both a tub shower and a stand up shower. The king size bed was firm and spacious. Unfortunately you could hear the highway traffic roaring during the night, but I was so tired it didn't bother me that much.

Breakfast the next morning was very good being handled by a nice upbeat staff and the motel is within mere minutes of downtown. But the bottom line is I would rather be further away from downtown in a nicer place... but if every nice place in town was sold out I guess I would stay there again.

Maybe....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

As a Hilton Diamonds member, I have become quite accustomed to the policies of the Hampton Inn as htis is the primary brand I stay at regularly for business. This hotel is by no means is up to the Hampton Inn standards. The staff is VERY rude, both on the phone and when I arrived in person. The hotel is outdated, the sheets are disgustingly used and I felt as if I were staying at a Motel 6 in Harlem. Absolutely horrible, normally I would ask for the 100% guarantee, so that I would not have to pay a dime... However I decided to save myself the aggravation of speaking to the utterly wretched staff on the phone again, as a simple request for more towels resulted in opposition, attitude, and unprofessionalism. I would rather sleep in my economy rental next time in the middle of the airport runway then step foot on this property and give them another dime. My advice to anyone who may be considering staying here: STEER CLEAR LIKE IT'S THE PLAGUE

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Bloomfield, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Very clean and responsive staff that cares.

Three new pack n plays as of June 2012. Two clean high chairs available for breakfast.

Refrigerator/freezer in room.

Breakfast had hot items of eggs, sausage, sausage gravy and bicquits, Also had yogurt. fruit cereal, bagels, muffins etc. Excellent coffee.

Outdoor pool with wide steps so young children could sit on steps and play.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Albany, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We broke up an eight hour road trip from Washington D.C. to South Carolina by pulling off the highway and staying at this motel.

What We Liked:
--It is conveniently located right off the highway.
--The room was very large and there were two showers and two sink areas.
--Free breakfast.
--The folks behind the desk and in the breakfast area were very helpful and friendly.

What We Didn't Like:
--The sheets were pretty worn.
--You may get a a non-smoking room, but there were a few smokers smoking on the walkway outside their rooms. Because it is a motel, our room was exposed to this and our room smelled like cigarette smoke.

Overall, I recommend this Hampton Inn because it was clean, convenient, and it was a good deal.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Roanoke? Share your experiences!