“WORST HOTEL STAY AND EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Roanoke Airport

You added Quality Inn Roanoke Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6626 Thirlane Road, Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Greenville, Virginia
“WORST HOTEL STAY AND EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

With the rating scale I hate to even rate this hotel with "one" star. We received a first floor room, as of May 31, 2015 this room was so out dated beyond belief. As we went in there was no toilet paper, we had to go to the front desk (with three employees in the area) to get it and it was under lock and key that took fifteen minutes to receive. We filed a complaint on the air condition unit that was so out dated that it had a on/off switch warn/cold switch "no" temperature adjustment. Front desk said they would have someone check it out. Once the toilet paper arrived the employee turned off the air condition unit and turned it back on saying that is a problem and said he would let them know. We did not unpack our bags thinking that we would be changing rooms, that never happened. The bathroom was to die for with a huge flood lamp as a backup light, we were already in a sauna who needed a heat lamp? Luckily we checked that morning, spoke with front desk and complained about room and service. The only thing employee could do for was a ten dollar discount; BECAUSE THERE IS NO MANAGEMENT AT THE ESTABLISHMENT ON THE WEEKENDS MONDAY - FRIDAY POSITIONS???. On 6/1/15, conducted a follow up call with management, he was unwilling to cooperate as well; I suppose he has never stayed in Room 165. He does not worry, WE WILL NOT WASTE OUR TIME OR SPEND ANOTHER DIME AT ANY OF THEIR ESTABLISHMENTS. It is sorry way to run a business and if I managed the way they operate I would be unemployed. It is shame that this one night stay has ended up into a relentless - unending ordeal to try and get half of our fare back, ten has went to twenty, the room and the service was not worth twenty. Now it is in the hands of corporate and the credit card company and dispute this matter. NEVER AGAIN QUALITY INN, I will be looking to Tom Baudette.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Thomasville, NC, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My wife and I were in town for Memorial Day weekend. The staff was very efficient and friendly. We stayed in 131, a king room at the rear corner. Breakfast was above par, the rooms were nice, great mattresses, 40" flat screen, m/w, fridge. A/c was a little bit noisy, but worked great. The outside and landscaping left a little to be desired, but overall a good value.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I've never had a bad experience at a hotel I've stayed in. I am very grateful for them being able to accommodate us last minute due to a booking issue at another hotel & the clerk was pleasant through the whole ordeal but the room was horrible and for $102 a room & I had three rooms had it not been my mother's graduation @ Liberty I would've hiked it back to NC(I regret I didn't take pictures), both beds had to be changed due to the comforters having holes in them. The bedding underneath had to be changed on both beds due to Multiple brownish-red & yellow stains (I didn't even sleep in the bed after they were changed(my main issue is and was at the time why would housekeeping put those obviously dirty sheets and holey comforter on the bed), The carpet had a huge brown stain by the sink, the iron had all this built up gunk on it(didnt kno it until I attempted to iron my clothes & it stuck to them), the white sheer curtains had stains on them & not that I was looking for issues to complain about it was just something everytime I turned around. The review is late but I had to review this hotel when it popped up

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Chris F, Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Joseph,
I do apologize that you encountered these problems during your stay at our hotel. I've looked into everything that you brought to our attention and I assure you that these issues have been rectified. There is not excuse for the service you received and I apologize dearly for that.

If you are traveling through the Roanoke area again in the near future. I would like to welcome you back to our hotel so that we can correct your most recent stay.

Chris Francisco
Assistant Manager
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Great location, on top of the hill. Great room and a very friendly staff. The highlight was the Jamaican Restaurant, one of the best I've had. Free breakfast had a lot of items that you don't normally get at other Quality Inn. Will sure stay here again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
central, nj.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Excellent place , very nice room , very good hot and cold breakfast. Would definitely go back there and highly recommend it.
The views of the mountains from the room was definitely breathtaking.
pictureseque sceneries all around the entire area.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your detailed review in regards to your stay with us here at Quality Inn of Roanoke Va. We hope to have you stay with us again in the near future.
South Point, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Came in town for a party for friends, wanted something that was under a $100 for a quick trip. The new renovated rooms are beautifully done. We will definitely stay again for our next trip. The grounds were clean as well and had a quick friendly check in process.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Chris F, Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for you review about your stay at our beautiful Quality Inn. I am pleased to hear your stay was a pleasant one, We hope you will continue to stay with us in the nearest future.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Quality Inn was very safe, clean, great view of the mountains, included a complete breakfast and provided outstanding customer support. It was graduation weekend for colleges in the area and no rooms were available. I had booked a year earlier at a different hotel with 4 rooms for 3 nights and found it to be unacceptable from a safety standpoint when I arrived. I left that hotel and went to the Quality Inn. They didn't have any rooms for one of my three nights but told me they would do everything possible to free up three rooms for me. The owner/president did this for me and my family and we are very great full for his customer support.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review about your experience at our Quality Inn Roanoke Airport. We appreciate your time in writing your review for other travelers to see.

Been to Quality Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!