“Good value, mixed experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Roanoke Airport

You added Quality Inn Roanoke Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6626 Thirlane Road, Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Ashburn, Va
“Good value, mixed experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Reasonable price.

Great, hot, full breakfast. Continually stocked and plentiful. Q.I. breakfast experience had been the decision-maker for this stay, which has three neighbor hotels to choose from.

Room was renovated. Bed was comfortable. Shower was real tile; no mildew. Clean and new.

TV was a nice 40"(?) Flat screen.

I did not like the fake wood floor.

The entry door was sorry. Obviously overlooked in renovation. Had some keycard issues, where they didn't work in the door.

The tub did not drain well because of a huge mass of hair in the drain, which speaks to the pride and attention to detail of the cleaning staff. Room was otherwise very clean.

Paid in advance. No refund type.

Overall...For the same price, I would stay again. I'd hope for some refinement of the small issues.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Allentown
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed one night on the way back to Hilton Head with our dog. Stayed in refurbished king. Room was clean ; the bedding comfortable; breakfast ok--not great---but for the price---the value is hard to beat anywhere. Especially when you compare "pet cleaning charges" elswhere, that can be more than we paid for this room. Should travel plans include a stay in Roanoke in route, will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for refurbished rooms
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Waukegan, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was looking for a reasonable priced hotel in Roanoke, Va for the Blue Ridge Bike Fest April 9 and 10, 2015 and happened upon the Quality Inn with a very good rate. It had all of the qualities I was looking for like free breakfast, parking for a motorcycle trailer, close to all of the restaurants, but was it clean and safe? You bet!!!!! I was more than impressed with the newly renovated rooms, clean lobby, friendly desk staff and great breakfast. All for just over $50.00 bucks. I know where I'm staying next year when I come back.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a renovated room
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Clarksville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was my first time staying here and apparently they are undergoing renovations. I will say that (after reading previous reviews) I can see the difference in the hotel from what others described before and what it currently looks like. The room we were in had hardwood floor which was nice. It was quiet, the front desk staff was nice and the breakfast was a full hot breakfast with eggs, bacon and waffles. I would stay here again. The only thing that I disliked was that our AC unit didnt really work well and our door didnt shut completely. Unless it was locked, it just pulled open.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Chris F, Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your review about your stay. We appreciate you taking the time in leaving a review for other travelers to see in regards to your experience at our hotel. I hope that you will stay with us again during your traveling through Roanoke Viriginia in the near future.
Smiths Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed here while on our way back driving from Florida. It is conveniently located off I-81 on a hill and close to gas stations and a grocery store which are just down the street. Presently this hotel doesn't get a very good overall rating but it is now improving and under new ownership. The hotel is presently undergoing renovations and we were very pleased with our renovated king size room. It was large with lots of space with laminate wood floors which added a very nice touch. All in all a very nice room with a small refrigerator and new furniture. Staff were very friendly and check in and out was efficient. Our breakfast room was very large and freshly renovated.The selection of breakfast items were very good and the quality was typical of this hotel chain type. The grounds need some sprucing up but I think that this should get better as improvements are being made.The wifi worked really well.
I would really recommend staying here, especially when the hotel has fully undergone all the renovations.
This hotel is in the hotel coupons booklets but the AAA rate was actually a bit cheaper at the time of booking.

Room Tip: You should ask for a room that has been renovated and you won't be disappointed. We stayed on th...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you our loyal guest! We appreciate all the kind words about your stay and hope to have you stay with us again in the near Future!
Oneonta, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Since this place was so reasonably priced I wasn't expecting too much, but when we first drove up I was right away impressed. The hotel is up on a hill and even at night I could tell it had a nice view. (Which it really did! It overlooks the area and the Roanoke airport (which is actually a nice view too!) The front of the hotel is modern looking and has nice curb appeal. The lobby area is very, very nice. I was greeted by a very friendly young man, and check in was simple. The property is actually large, and although he gave me a map I actually parked further away from my room but it wasn't that big a deal and I could have moved the car.

We had an inner room, which faced the pool which was a tad of a problem since two men were outside talking for a while. Even though it didn't last long, and putting the air unit on helped, I could see this *could* be more of a problem in the warmer weather. Although the pool was closed, it was still a relatively nice view, although the landscaping will probably need some work when spring is further along. The front landscaping is nicer. We were very pleasantly surprised by our room. It was larger than most rooms, and was recently updated. It had a nice modern feel with gray & green walls, black furniture, and some modern headboard. Pillows and bed were very comfortable, even thought at first I thought the mattress would be too soft. The room's central air unit looked quite old but worked efficiently. There was a space in the television console for a small fridge but there wasn't one. We did have a microwave, though. The bathroom was newly remodeled with really nice tile walls, but strangely enough there was not a finishing fixture over the ceiling light. We only had a small amount of toilet paper when we got there and had to request another roll in the morning, but that was minor.

The breakfast area is beautiful. Very large, some tables near the window and the view, and a decent selection of food, although it was definitely not the best breakfast of its type we have had. Even though they did have a 'hot' breakfast, the sausage seemed slightly undercooked. Scrambled egg-like product was ok, and then there were the typical waffle batter, assorted bread products, instant oatmeal, cold cereal, etc. Again, not great, but we made do. Overall, for the price, you can't go wrong, at least I don't think you can, at least not based on our stay. They also have a lot of banquet/meeting rooms. We also had a super nice girl at the front desk in the morning.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Chris F, Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Jminy,
Thank you for your review about your stay. We all appreciate you taking the time to let other travelers know the kind of experience you had. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed all the beautiful scenery at our Quality Inn, Isn't it just breath taking?

I do want to bring to your attention that the middle of April we will be having a Grand Opening for our Restaurant, "Taste of Jamaica". If you are traveling back through the Roanoke Valley in the near future, Please do stop in and try one of the many amazing dishes! Although the Restaurant will be Jamaican, They will also have a Full American menu as well!

Thank you again for your time in writing a review, and I hope to see you again Soon!.

Chris Francisco
Assistant Manager
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I called around to find a Hotel in Roanoke with the qoal being to get one with a fitness room. I found this hotel and made reservations. I found that my room had been recently remodeled. The fitness room only has cardio but the machines worked (although noisy). The wifi was very good, fast and no interruptions. I was pleased with the cost and quality of this hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities that we have to offer our guests. I hope that you will stop through again in the near future for any traveling through the Roanoke Valley!

Been to Quality Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!