“GREAT PLACE TO STAY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Roanoke Airport

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Roanoke Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6626 Thirlane Road, Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Martinsville, Virginia
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The accomodations were great. quiet despite being at full capacity. quality staff. overall a pleasant surprise. would recommend to friends looking for rest after a long travel. close to airport malls and eating establishments.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Chris F, Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Jerrold,
Thank you for taking the time to express your stay at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay and hope that you and your family will visit us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I will admit I was a little nervous about staying here based on some of the previous reviews, however I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms have been completely renovated, and are nice sized. The bathroom door was extremely close to the toilet, and the toilet lid was a little loose so it would catch the door a little, but it still closed. The bed was clean and comfortable, there were only two smallish pillows for our king size bed, but they were soft and comfortable. The hotel overall looks nice, the dining room was beautiful. The breakfast was good, eggs, sausage, waffles, muffins, that sort of thing. Plenty of everything, served on a buffet, so easy to access. The pool has just been renovated and was clean. My only concern/complaint about the pool was it only has ladder access, no stairs, and is 3 1/2 feet deep at the shallow end. Great for adults, not so great for kids. There did appear to be a small kiddy pool that was not yet renovated, so that will hopefully be ready soon.
I did notice a few pieces of trash here and there, (a to go cup, cigarettes, ect) but nothing maintenance would not have cleaned up later that day I'm sure.
I was a little concerned about the air conditioner drainage over the sidewalks, it was a little slippery and could pose a potential fall hazard, maybe add a grate or something so it's not on the sidewalks?
As we left I realized I had left my phone in the room, and we had already checked out, but the front desk attendant was very nice and gave me a key right away. Very polite and great customer service. :)
Over all, VERY pleasant stay, will definitely stay here if we are ever in the area again!

• Stayed July 2014
Chris F, Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
KG1988,
Thank you for taking that chance in stopping by our hotel despite the bad reviews that some of our guests have left for us here. We are working very hard in renovating the entire property and it is such a relief that some of our guests see the work being put into providing a better place for all of you (our guest).

Renovations are looking great, We are doing hard wood flooring, New furniture, New Flat Panel high definition 39' Televisions, and much more to the rooms. Breakfast has been touched up to provide more variety for all guests with different needs.

Thank you for your review and we hope you will come and visit us again in the nearest future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

No need to board you with the dirty details. Bottom line is this is a horrible hotel. It had dirty bed sheets, holes in the walls that had been patched up with missed matched wall paper. Bathroom was dirty, sticky floors, and accumulated human hair on every corner. There was a a small unidentifiable bug walking across my bedsheet. Switched rooms only to find a worst room with a broken AC. Worst experience for me and my family ever.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chris F, Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Javier. I'm Terribly sorry that your stay at a local Quality Inn was not pleasant. I am however confused because at our location our rooms do not have wallpaper but is actually textured walls and painted. I do know a lot of travelers have been leaving reviews on our page in regards to other local Quality Inn hotels.

If you would like feel free to contact me directly and we can discuss these issues and pinpoint the correct property you visited during your travels.

Chris Francisco
Guest Services Manager
Cfrancisco@qiroanoke.com
540-366-8861
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Although work was being done and the hotel was undergoing some remodel the staff was friendly the rooms were clean and the breakfast was excellent. I would defiantly stay here again and recommend if to my friend and family. Great stay overall!

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We are working very hard to finish renovations and look to be finished by the end of this month! Our staff will be very pleased to see their hard work and dedication is noticed. Thank you again and we how to see you again in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The staff were great. fixed any problem we had. went out of there way to serve us. the hotel is having work done. when its complete it will be a better place. you get what you pay for. if the other reviewers wanted high class them pay for it.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank You your National Guard friends. It is a nice relief that people do see that we are working hard to renovate the property and bring it back to its fullest potential. We enjoyed having you all here and hope to see you again in the near future.
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Very friendly staff. I especially like Mandy the 3-11 clerk. She is always helpful and we swap remodeling stories. The breakfast bar has a wide selection and i especially like that they have scambled eggs which are my favorite. The room was clean and had an inviting decor. I had a King room, so had more space to move around. I like the way the vanity is seperate from the bathroom. The shower had great water pressure and the curved shower curtain rod gave me more space in the shower and i didn't feel so crowded. The tv and furniture will change as they remodel each room and update. I had a minor problem with my a/c unit the first night of my 3 night stay. It was late in the evening and Mr. Patel the owner responded quickly and was even involved in solving the problem and making me comfortable. I was very impressed by that. He is extremely guest oriented. It was an inviting and relaxing place to stay while i did my own personal remodel at my house. Also convienent to where i live. I was on the backside close to the woods and that reminded me of where i grew up. It is very quiet on that side. This is the second time i have stayed there. I would highly recommend it and can't wait to see the property when the remodel is complete. Don M.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter. Rooms in the front center are close to the outside pool. Rooms c...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
ChrisFrancisco1, Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Don M,
Thank you for your kind Review, Isn't Mandy something! We are very happy to have her a part of our team. I'm sure she showed you all the pictures of her Home Remodling.

I'm very pleased in hearing you enjoyed your breakfast with us. We have been using guest reviews for the last several months to adjust our breakfast items to better provide for all of our guests. We are in the process of renovating, Once this is complete you will for sure be very pleased with the Room accomodations that we hope will exceed guests expectations of our Quality Inn.

If you travel through again please feel free to give me a call and I will be sure to get any and all of your reservation needs taken care of, Thank You again

Chris Francisco
540-366-8861
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My wife and i recently booked a room there. the rooms were filthy, there was a wet towel on the bathroom door and the room reeked of cigarette smoke. The pool was open and children were swimming yet there was a greenish tint of algae still present. The grounds were littered with cigarette butts and empty food wrappers. the rugs were so dirty in the rooms, my socks turned brown. we were so disgusted we left. On the way out we even witnessed obvious prostitutes going in and out of rooms in the back. After checking into another hotel we spoke to a policeman who confirmed the presence of illicit activity for that location. We will not stay there again.

Room Tip: La Quinta inns and suites on electric road in Salem is terrific11
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Allen b,
I am sorry to hear of your bad experience. However I believe you have the wrong hotel, We have not had any issues with our pool. I am very certain that there is no illicit activity going on here at our Quality Inn Roanoke Airport. We take guests safety and well being serious here and would not allow nor tolerate any behaviors or activities of that sourt.

If you could please contact me directly so I can assist you further with this I would greatly Appreciate it, Chris Francisco Assistant Manager 540-366-8861

Been to Quality Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!