“BATH REMODEL WEEKEND STAY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Roanoke Airport

You added Quality Inn Roanoke Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6626 Thirlane Road, Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Roanoke, Virginia
“BATH REMODEL WEEKEND STAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Very friendly staff. I especially like Mandy the 3-11 clerk. She is always helpful and we swap remodeling stories. The breakfast bar has a wide selection and i especially like that they have scambled eggs which are my favorite. The room was clean and had an inviting decor. I had a King room, so had more space to move around. I like the way the vanity is seperate from the bathroom. The shower had great water pressure and the curved shower curtain rod gave me more space in the shower and i didn't feel so crowded. The tv and furniture will change as they remodel each room and update. I had a minor problem with my a/c unit the first night of my 3 night stay. It was late in the evening and Mr. Patel the owner responded quickly and was even involved in solving the problem and making me comfortable. I was very impressed by that. He is extremely guest oriented. It was an inviting and relaxing place to stay while i did my own personal remodel at my house. Also convienent to where i live. I was on the backside close to the woods and that reminded me of where i grew up. It is very quiet on that side. This is the second time i have stayed there. I would highly recommend it and can't wait to see the property when the remodel is complete. Don M.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter. Rooms in the front center are close to the outside pool. Rooms c...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
ChrisFrancisco1, Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Don M,
Thank you for your kind Review, Isn't Mandy something! We are very happy to have her a part of our team. I'm sure she showed you all the pictures of her Home Remodling.

I'm very pleased in hearing you enjoyed your breakfast with us. We have been using guest reviews for the last several months to adjust our breakfast items to better provide for all of our guests. We are in the process of renovating, Once this is complete you will for sure be very pleased with the Room accomodations that we hope will exceed guests expectations of our Quality Inn.

If you travel through again please feel free to give me a call and I will be sure to get any and all of your reservation needs taken care of, Thank You again

Chris Francisco
540-366-8861

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

My wife and i recently booked a room there. the rooms were filthy, there was a wet towel on the bathroom door and the room reeked of cigarette smoke. The pool was open and children were swimming yet there was a greenish tint of algae still present. The grounds were littered with cigarette butts and empty food wrappers. the rugs were so dirty in the rooms, my socks turned brown. we were so disgusted we left. On the way out we even witnessed obvious prostitutes going in and out of rooms in the back. After checking into another hotel we spoke to a policeman who confirmed the presence of illicit activity for that location. We will not stay there again.

Room Tip: La Quinta inns and suites on electric road in Salem is terrific11
Allen b,
I am sorry to hear of your bad experience. However I believe you have the wrong hotel, We have not had any issues with our pool. I am very certain that there is no illicit activity going on here at our Quality Inn Roanoke Airport. We take guests safety and well being serious here and would not allow nor tolerate any behaviors or activities of that sourt.

If you could please contact me directly so I can assist you further with this I would greatly Appreciate it, Chris Francisco Assistant Manager 540-366-8861
Mount Arlington, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We recently stayed here overnight. Horrible, the room was creepy. The carpet was filthy. Cleaning could not make it better...rip the FILTHY thing up! I am sorry but my opinion of this place is not good. If we ever need to make a sleep over stop again I will go Trouthville like some others have suggested. Even the breakfast was gross undercooked sausages, stained tablecloths, chairs coming unglued...just awful! Look else where. Get the renovations started!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We sincerely apologize that you found your visit disappointing. We keep our housekeeping to the highest standards, so we are not sure where you encountered the room being filthy. I have forwarded your review and we will all be getting together to do walk thrus of all of our rooms to ensure that these issues are not a problem.

We greatly appreciate your review and will be sharing with the Housekeeping department to ensure this is not a further issue for our valuable guests.

Waynesboro, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have stayed her numerous times over the years going back to when it was a different brand. Great breakfast & room price.Older hotel needs a major face lift but you can't beat the price. You'll see some cracked sidewalks & peeling paint but you'll save some cash. Good hotel for folks on a tight budget.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for such a kind review, We are very pleased to be almost done with Renovations and hope to see a new review of your stay once we've completely finished.
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I understand the owners are completely renovating this property including rooms, grounds, pool, and adding a bar restaurant. It will be nice to see it finished because it's kind of a pit right now.
It's clean enough and the staff is very nice, but the accommodations are old and tired, dirty, and no one seems to stay here.
We'll see how the breakfast turns out tomorrow.

Room Tip: None of the rooms face the beautiful mountain view, so get one facing the pool and courtyard rather...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. The experience that you described are not characteristic of the level of of service our hotel staff stive to provide, and we apologize your stay was unsatisfactory. Your feedback will be shared with staff and department management, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations once Renovations are done. We look to be finished entirely by the end of this month August 2014.

Thank You again.
Venice FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The room was clean. I stayed for 5 nights. If you are looking for economy and not luxury than you are at the right place. The staff were all nice and took care of everything I asked for. They are working on the building but it has a long ways to go. I would stay for business but if I were with my wife and family I would spend a little more and stay somewhere else.

Stayed July 2014
Chris8861, Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for your review, we are under renovations to upgrade the property and hope you will travel through in the near future to see all of our updates to the rooms and property.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We were on a 2 and a half week road trip and had made a reservation at this hotel. We even called them the day of and told them that we were running behind because of rain and they said they still had our room which was to be a king size suite. When we arrived they sad the room was not available... My husband was livid and said I made a reservation and I called ahead and now you say the room is not available?? They even handed him a baggy with candy and a water for what reason I have no clue! Then she said we can give you 2 king rooms side by side but we would have to pay for the extra room. We have 3 kiddos and I wasn't about to have our kids in a separate room. She assured me that these rooms were connected. So she gives me the keys and I said I will go look because rooms 222 and room 226 do not sound like they are connected. I walked to the rooms and guess what? 224 was in between!! Really?? The walkways were all chunked up concrete, the railings were so rusty I was afraid to put any weight on them and the windows on each room looked like they hadn't been washed in decades! I was so mad by the time I got back to the lobby that my hubby cancelled our reservation and we left. She had no apology and anything for us and believe me after traveling 10 hours and just wanting to lay down, this was not at all what we wanted to hear!! We ended up going 10 miles down the road to the Quality Inn in Troutville where the rooms were a thousand times better for the same price!! Skip Roanoke and go down the road to a better hotel!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chris8861, Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Sarah,
I do apologize that you encountered these Issues with your Reservation. To clarify, Our King Room suite does only have One King bed, I'm sure our front desk attendant was trying to help with suggesting a second room that would be suitable for your family of 5.

I went up to look at the issues that you stated of Rusty railing, Sidewalk chunked up with concrete and I must say I did not see any of these issues that you mentioned. We just recently renovated the entire exterior of the property so I'm not sure of where this could have been at.

Again I do apologize that you did not have a pleasant view of our hotel and if you wouldn't mind giving us a opportunity in the near future to rectify your oppinion of our hotel I would personally be more than happy to take care of you to ensure your stay is pleasant. You can email me directly at Cfrancisco@qiroanoke.com if you do travel through the area in the near future. I'll be sure to get your reservation in and guarentee a room to accomodate you and your family.

Thank you for taking the time to Review our hotel.

Been to Quality Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!