“Not bad for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Roanoke Airport

You added Quality Inn Roanoke Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6626 Thirlane Road, Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Waynesboro, Virginia, United States
“Not bad for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have stayed her numerous times over the years going back to when it was a different brand. Great breakfast & room price.Older hotel needs a major face lift but you can't beat the price. You'll see some cracked sidewalks & peeling paint but you'll save some cash. Good hotel for folks on a tight budget.

• Stayed July 2014
ChrisFrancisco1, Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for such a kind review, We are very pleased to be almost done with Renovations and hope to see a new review of your stay once we've completely finished.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I understand the owners are completely renovating this property including rooms, grounds, pool, and adding a bar restaurant. It will be nice to see it finished because it's kind of a pit right now.
It's clean enough and the staff is very nice, but the accommodations are old and tired, dirty, and no one seems to stay here.
We'll see how the breakfast turns out tomorrow.

Room Tip: None of the rooms face the beautiful mountain view, so get one facing the pool and courtyard rather...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable review. The experience that you described are not characteristic of the level of of service our hotel staff stive to provide, and we apologize your stay was unsatisfactory. Your feedback will be shared with staff and department management, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations once Renovations are done. We look to be finished entirely by the end of this month August 2014.

Thank You again.
Venice FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The room was clean. I stayed for 5 nights. If you are looking for economy and not luxury than you are at the right place. The staff were all nice and took care of everything I asked for. They are working on the building but it has a long ways to go. I would stay for business but if I were with my wife and family I would spend a little more and stay somewhere else.

Stayed July 2014
Chris8861, Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for your review, we are under renovations to upgrade the property and hope you will travel through in the near future to see all of our updates to the rooms and property.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We were on a 2 and a half week road trip and had made a reservation at this hotel. We even called them the day of and told them that we were running behind because of rain and they said they still had our room which was to be a king size suite. When we arrived they sad the room was not available... My husband was livid and said I made a reservation and I called ahead and now you say the room is not available?? They even handed him a baggy with candy and a water for what reason I have no clue! Then she said we can give you 2 king rooms side by side but we would have to pay for the extra room. We have 3 kiddos and I wasn't about to have our kids in a separate room. She assured me that these rooms were connected. So she gives me the keys and I said I will go look because rooms 222 and room 226 do not sound like they are connected. I walked to the rooms and guess what? 224 was in between!! Really?? The walkways were all chunked up concrete, the railings were so rusty I was afraid to put any weight on them and the windows on each room looked like they hadn't been washed in decades! I was so mad by the time I got back to the lobby that my hubby cancelled our reservation and we left. She had no apology and anything for us and believe me after traveling 10 hours and just wanting to lay down, this was not at all what we wanted to hear!! We ended up going 10 miles down the road to the Quality Inn in Troutville where the rooms were a thousand times better for the same price!! Skip Roanoke and go down the road to a better hotel!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chris8861, Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Sarah,
I do apologize that you encountered these Issues with your Reservation. To clarify, Our King Room suite does only have One King bed, I'm sure our front desk attendant was trying to help with suggesting a second room that would be suitable for your family of 5.

I went up to look at the issues that you stated of Rusty railing, Sidewalk chunked up with concrete and I must say I did not see any of these issues that you mentioned. We just recently renovated the entire exterior of the property so I'm not sure of where this could have been at.

Again I do apologize that you did not have a pleasant view of our hotel and if you wouldn't mind giving us a opportunity in the near future to rectify your oppinion of our hotel I would personally be more than happy to take care of you to ensure your stay is pleasant. You can email me directly at Cfrancisco@qiroanoke.com if you do travel through the area in the near future. I'll be sure to get your reservation in and guarentee a room to accomodate you and your family.

Thank you for taking the time to Review our hotel.
Fitzgerald, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The motel is an older motel, needs to update the tvs. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. We were here for 2 nights. We were very pleased with our stay. We enjoyed the pool in the afternoon

GergiaPeach268,
Thank you for your Review. I'm glad you had a comfortable stay with us during your travels. If you are traveling through Roanoke again we would love our Georgia friends to stay with us again and see all the new beautiful Renovations.
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel is an older Hotel from the Early Sixties! You can tell that at one time the place hosted many guest and by the size of their restaurant (closed), ball rooms and Pool, you can tell that it once was a great hotel. The good news is that it is currently under construction to remodel the property. The painters were re-painting the outside while I was there and did not interfere with the comings and goings of the guest. I saw pictures of the new furniture that is going to be installed. I hope they re-work or replace the room a/c units as mine struggled to get the room cold.I put a small sign on the controls so the maid would not turn it off. The day I checked in it was off and the a/c unit struggled the entire week to get the room cold. THe good news is the staff was very helpful and my rate was very competitive so I guess I got what I paid for.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dennis,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are most definitely trying to bring this beautiful hotel back to its full potential! We can't express how excited we are that we are about through with renovations, New 39' Flat Panel Televisions, Hardwood Floors, All new complete furniture, new bathroom vanities. We are taking the Quality Inn experience to a new level!

I apologize that you expreience issues with your A/C during your stay, I have asked Maintenance to look into this issue and they have rectified the troubled A/C. If you travel through the Roanoke area in the near future we hope you will stay with us again to see all the hard work in renovations that we've done.

Thank You again for taking the time to review our hotel.
Cochran, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Very Quiet restful nights and great breakfast buffet!
Easy to get to airport and the interstates of Roanoke. Check-in and check-out was fast service. Looking forward to stay here again in the future...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Joan N, Thank you for your kind review! We really appreciate you taking the time in expressing your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. We all work hard here at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport to provide everyone a clean comfortable room at a great afordable price.

We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Quality Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!