“Good for the price you pay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Roanoke Airport

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Roanoke Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6626 Thirlane Road, Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Venice FL
“Good for the price you pay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The room was clean. I stayed for 5 nights. If you are looking for economy and not luxury than you are at the right place. The staff were all nice and took care of everything I asked for. They are working on the building but it has a long ways to go. I would stay for business but if I were with my wife and family I would spend a little more and stay somewhere else.

Stayed July 2014
Chris8861, Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for your review, we are under renovations to upgrade the property and hope you will travel through in the near future to see all of our updates to the rooms and property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We were on a 2 and a half week road trip and had made a reservation at this hotel. We even called them the day of and told them that we were running behind because of rain and they said they still had our room which was to be a king size suite. When we arrived they sad the room was not available... My husband was livid and said I made a reservation and I called ahead and now you say the room is not available?? They even handed him a baggy with candy and a water for what reason I have no clue! Then she said we can give you 2 king rooms side by side but we would have to pay for the extra room. We have 3 kiddos and I wasn't about to have our kids in a separate room. She assured me that these rooms were connected. So she gives me the keys and I said I will go look because rooms 222 and room 226 do not sound like they are connected. I walked to the rooms and guess what? 224 was in between!! Really?? The walkways were all chunked up concrete, the railings were so rusty I was afraid to put any weight on them and the windows on each room looked like they hadn't been washed in decades! I was so mad by the time I got back to the lobby that my hubby cancelled our reservation and we left. She had no apology and anything for us and believe me after traveling 10 hours and just wanting to lay down, this was not at all what we wanted to hear!! We ended up going 10 miles down the road to the Quality Inn in Troutville where the rooms were a thousand times better for the same price!! Skip Roanoke and go down the road to a better hotel!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chris8861, Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Sarah,
I do apologize that you encountered these Issues with your Reservation. To clarify, Our King Room suite does only have One King bed, I'm sure our front desk attendant was trying to help with suggesting a second room that would be suitable for your family of 5.

I went up to look at the issues that you stated of Rusty railing, Sidewalk chunked up with concrete and I must say I did not see any of these issues that you mentioned. We just recently renovated the entire exterior of the property so I'm not sure of where this could have been at.

Again I do apologize that you did not have a pleasant view of our hotel and if you wouldn't mind giving us a opportunity in the near future to rectify your oppinion of our hotel I would personally be more than happy to take care of you to ensure your stay is pleasant. You can email me directly at Cfrancisco@qiroanoke.com if you do travel through the area in the near future. I'll be sure to get your reservation in and guarentee a room to accomodate you and your family.

Thank you for taking the time to Review our hotel.
Fitzgerald, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The motel is an older motel, needs to update the tvs. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. We were here for 2 nights. We were very pleased with our stay. We enjoyed the pool in the afternoon

GergiaPeach268,
Thank you for your Review. I'm glad you had a comfortable stay with us during your travels. If you are traveling through Roanoke again we would love our Georgia friends to stay with us again and see all the new beautiful Renovations.
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel is an older Hotel from the Early Sixties! You can tell that at one time the place hosted many guest and by the size of their restaurant (closed), ball rooms and Pool, you can tell that it once was a great hotel. The good news is that it is currently under construction to remodel the property. The painters were re-painting the outside while I was there and did not interfere with the comings and goings of the guest. I saw pictures of the new furniture that is going to be installed. I hope they re-work or replace the room a/c units as mine struggled to get the room cold.I put a small sign on the controls so the maid would not turn it off. The day I checked in it was off and the a/c unit struggled the entire week to get the room cold. THe good news is the staff was very helpful and my rate was very competitive so I guess I got what I paid for.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dennis,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are most definitely trying to bring this beautiful hotel back to its full potential! We can't express how excited we are that we are about through with renovations, New 39' Flat Panel Televisions, Hardwood Floors, All new complete furniture, new bathroom vanities. We are taking the Quality Inn experience to a new level!

I apologize that you expreience issues with your A/C during your stay, I have asked Maintenance to look into this issue and they have rectified the troubled A/C. If you travel through the Roanoke area in the near future we hope you will stay with us again to see all the hard work in renovations that we've done.

Thank You again for taking the time to review our hotel.
Cochran, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Very Quiet restful nights and great breakfast buffet!
Easy to get to airport and the interstates of Roanoke. Check-in and check-out was fast service. Looking forward to stay here again in the future...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Joan N, Thank you for your kind review! We really appreciate you taking the time in expressing your experience at our hotel on Trip Advisor. We all work hard here at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport to provide everyone a clean comfortable room at a great afordable price.

We hope to see you again soon!
Bristol, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Hotel looked like it had had some updates in rooms but outside needed some work. The bed was comfortable & found it to be quiet. I was impressed with the buffet & all the options they were offering. For those just needing a place to sleep overnight while traveling, it's a great stop especially if you have kids. Since have the breakfast & pool.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Chris8861, Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Well thank you so much for the kind review. Yes, the outside did look that way during your stay, Our renvoation teams were working on the exterior at the time of your stay and it unfortunately did look rough at first but thankfully they have completed that and we will soon be redirecting our focus on all the guest rooms.

We did amp up the items available in for Breakfast, I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed that. We are constantly striving to make everyones stay as pleasant as possible. We appreicate you taking the time in sending in your review on our hotel. We look foward in seeing you in the near future!
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

First let me say I have been staying at this property for over 4 years now..mostly during the summer for a couple of weekends per month. We choose this property because of the wonderful pool(used to be anyway), all the while overlooking their multiple imperfections. Our last visit over this past weekend was horrible! Short version: bugs in bathroom, POOL WAS GREEN FOR 3 DAYS, sour/rotten/spoiled fruit cocktail on the breakfast buffet, carpet was wet from a/c drain leak that was never even checked after we reported it, carpet was dirty, manicure set left from previous guest in the drawer......that's right off the top of my head. The icing on the cake? After speaking to the owner Mr. Patel, he was sooo apologetic and assured me of a full refund which I have yet to receive. We are truly disappointed that our little "spot" has changed so drastically in just a couple of months....guess that's the new ownerships guest retention plan..LOL
Save your money..go to the other Quality Inn just up the road in Troutville...they are wonderful!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Chris8861, Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Mrsowest, I do want to apologize once again for the inconvenience you had during your stay with us here at the Quality Inn Roanoke Airport.

Just to clarify the issue with our "Green" pool. Our pump unfortunately did go out the day of this guests arrival, Therefor by the following day when we had a new pump installed the pool water had been sitting over 24 hours without being circulated due to the malfunctioning pump. Once the new pump was installed and water began to recirculate it made the pool foggy and green. Pool since then has been treated and is back up into working order. The two days of this issue the pool was closed, However if guests wanted to lay out by the poolside we did not prevent them from doing so.

I do apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay, We hope to see you in the near future so we can correct your bad experience in your most recent stay.

Been to Quality Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!