“Good and Bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Roanoke Airport

You added Quality Inn Roanoke Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6626 Thirlane Road, Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Middleton, Tennessee
“Good and Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

The good:
The room was a nice size, plenty of space.
The bed was comfortable.
Breakfast was nice, unless you have a gluten-free diet. Having gluten-free options is a luxury, so no points off for that.
The Internet connection worked well.

The bad:
The toilet/shower room was amazingly small. I had to bend and twist just to turn around, and the door literally brushed against the toilet.
The heater thermostat didn't work. The heat stayed on constantly, so we had to turn it off whenever we got too hot.

Overall, I give the motel an average rating. A bigger toilet room would have raised it to four stars, and a working heater would have raised it to five stars.

Room Tip: I don't know if asking for handicap access would help you get a bigger bathroom. It might be wor...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Roger M, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to respond to your recent stay. We are happy you were pleased with your overall stay. We are now under new ownership and expect to have some renovations begin soon We would like to have another chance to serve you and look forward to any future trips Thank you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

The staff at this hotel are very nice! Great place for a quick stay. Plenty of clean rooms. Good location right off the interstate as well. Great and reasonable prices. I have stayed at nearby hotels and of the 3 on this same road this one is way better.

• Stayed January 2014
Roger M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay with us. We always try to give each guest the best experience possible. We look forward to many return trips when you are in the area
Mechanicsville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have stayed at this Quality Inn multiple times. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. Wilbur does a great job overseeing the kitchen and providing a full, delicious breakfast. If there's every a question or problem, the staff bends over backwards to help.
The location is excellent. It is just off an interstate exit and has lots of shopping and restaurants in the area. It's a great place to stay and the price is very good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Roger M, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments on your recent stay We look forward to seeing you again on your trips to Roanoke and for the Virginia Tech football games GO HOKIES
Ashburn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed here on 14th and 15th. The room was clean and staff was very pleasant. The location is great, near the airport and on the hill. Breakfast was great for this type of hotels. Place needs a little TLC.

Room Tip: Try to get the room in the north wing. I was told that it's for the frequent travelers.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words on your recent stay with us. We take great pride in giving each guest the utmost in service and hope to go above and beyond We hope to have the chance to serve you again in the future
Phenix City, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I checked in Feb 13 for s Speedskating race beginning the next day. When I checked in, I set my laptop to the side. I left it there. Jim Mosley tried calling our room by we were busy and didn't get the call. The next morning, I realize it was missing. Went to the desk. And the young lady on duty knew about it and get it to me. I can not express the pleasure I felt about these two people. Thank You!!! I was a pleasure to know that there are such honest people working as hard as they do to serve the public. BTW. Our room was very pleasant, clean and we'll maintained. The price was wonderful and the breakfast very tasty.

Stayed February 2014
Thank you very much for your kind comments on your recent stay with us. We try to go above and beyond to give our guests the ultimate experience. We look forward to sreving you again in the future
orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We have always stayed at Quality Inn's through out our many travels. I had called and asked prior to arriving if they had accepted animals, yes they do. They failed to mention to me however that there is a 25lb limit. So after driving about 10 hours through dangerous snowy mountains, and climbing up their snowy icy hill, we arrive just to find out we had to find another hotel cause they wouldn't accept our pet. VERY aggravating to say the least. We have never had an issue traveling with our second child (dog) at any other quality inn before.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I am very sorry for the problems you encountered on your recent stay. The pet weight limit has been in our published material if it's not I apoligize We have new owners and I think they are cosidering elimanating the pet weight We look forward to having another chance to serve you on any other visits to the Roanoke area
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Let me first say that the staff were very kind, informative, helpful and overall congenial...

With that being said... I was sorely disappointed with this property. The first room I checked into looked like it had been an abandoned room slapped back together a couple of hours before I arrived. Water stained wallpaper and carpet. Mis-matched bathroom fixtures. The bathroom was in great need of some elbow grease being applied. This place was NOT clean. What drove me out of that room was the fact that the phone in the room was dead and the door to the room would not latch 9 out of ten times. The manager on duty kindly switched me to another room.

ROOM #2
The new room however had no heat turned on when I got to it. I cranked the heat up to 80 and left it there all night long and the temperature in the room never got above 60. The matress on the king size bed was the hardest mattress (hands down) I have ever slept on. There was one thin blanket on the bed and nowhere near enough to stay warm in a room that never got above 60 degrees. It was a night where the temperature was around 4 degrees outside and there was cold air flowing in around the door and window to the room.

When I checked out the next morning I brought this to the attention of the desk clerk and she seemed a little apologetic but that was as far as it went. No offering to compensate or discuss it further. I was just glad to get out of there. I'm not really for sure how they could possibly keep the "Quality Inn" flag and operate with a property in need of major attention.

I spend over a hundred nights a year in hotels and this one so far has been the worst.

Room Tip: Best tip... stay somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
dahowell, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
I am very sorry for the problems you had during your recent stay with us. The issues you mentioned have been addressed with our entire staff. We try to do our best to meet your expectations and apologize for not doing so. We would like to have the opportunity to show you we can do so and would like to have that chance on any future trips to the Roanoke area.

Been to Quality Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!