“Exceptional Honesty” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Roanoke Airport

You added Quality Inn Roanoke Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6626 Thirlane Road, Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Phenix City, AL
“Exceptional Honesty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I checked in Feb 13 for s Speedskating race beginning the next day. When I checked in, I set my laptop to the side. I left it there. Jim Mosley tried calling our room by we were busy and didn't get the call. The next morning, I realize it was missing. Went to the desk. And the young lady on duty knew about it and get it to me. I can not express the pleasure I felt about these two people. Thank You!!! I was a pleasure to know that there are such honest people working as hard as they do to serve the public. BTW. Our room was very pleasant, clean and we'll maintained. The price was wonderful and the breakfast very tasty.

Stayed February 2014
Roger M, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind comments on your recent stay with us. We try to go above and beyond to give our guests the ultimate experience. We look forward to sreving you again in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We have always stayed at Quality Inn's through out our many travels. I had called and asked prior to arriving if they had accepted animals, yes they do. They failed to mention to me however that there is a 25lb limit. So after driving about 10 hours through dangerous snowy mountains, and climbing up their snowy icy hill, we arrive just to find out we had to find another hotel cause they wouldn't accept our pet. VERY aggravating to say the least. We have never had an issue traveling with our second child (dog) at any other quality inn before.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I am very sorry for the problems you encountered on your recent stay. The pet weight limit has been in our published material if it's not I apoligize We have new owners and I think they are cosidering elimanating the pet weight We look forward to having another chance to serve you on any other visits to the Roanoke area
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Let me first say that the staff were very kind, informative, helpful and overall congenial...

With that being said... I was sorely disappointed with this property. The first room I checked into looked like it had been an abandoned room slapped back together a couple of hours before I arrived. Water stained wallpaper and carpet. Mis-matched bathroom fixtures. The bathroom was in great need of some elbow grease being applied. This place was NOT clean. What drove me out of that room was the fact that the phone in the room was dead and the door to the room would not latch 9 out of ten times. The manager on duty kindly switched me to another room.

ROOM #2
The new room however had no heat turned on when I got to it. I cranked the heat up to 80 and left it there all night long and the temperature in the room never got above 60. The matress on the king size bed was the hardest mattress (hands down) I have ever slept on. There was one thin blanket on the bed and nowhere near enough to stay warm in a room that never got above 60 degrees. It was a night where the temperature was around 4 degrees outside and there was cold air flowing in around the door and window to the room.

When I checked out the next morning I brought this to the attention of the desk clerk and she seemed a little apologetic but that was as far as it went. No offering to compensate or discuss it further. I was just glad to get out of there. I'm not really for sure how they could possibly keep the "Quality Inn" flag and operate with a property in need of major attention.

I spend over a hundred nights a year in hotels and this one so far has been the worst.

Room Tip: Best tip... stay somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
dahowell, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
I am very sorry for the problems you had during your recent stay with us. The issues you mentioned have been addressed with our entire staff. We try to do our best to meet your expectations and apologize for not doing so. We would like to have the opportunity to show you we can do so and would like to have that chance on any future trips to the Roanoke area.
Appomattox
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is a good place to stay for a weekend get away. Although it is not a new hotel, it is always clean and the staff is extremely nice and cooperative especially the night staff. Jimmy the night manager has helped us many times with reservations and special request. The breakfast made by chef Wilbur is always good. It includes eggs, bagels, yogurt, bacon, blueberry muffins, fresh fruit, and many other items. The breakfast is better than any Choice Property I have ever stayed in. We have been staying here on weekends for many years during VA Tech's football season and it has always been a pleasure. It is so nice to stay in a hotel where the staff makes you feel at home. Thank you to the employees of the Quality Inn Roanoke Airport. Also this hotel is reasonably priced!

D. Hunter

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
dahowell, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stays here with us. We are glad you find our location convenient to your football games and our amenities and staff make you feel welcome. We look forward to your stays here next year and for many football seasons to come
Clarksville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We have stayed here during football season for several years. We have had good experience with our rooms and always have very customer friendly staff, especially night manger, Jimmy, the front desk staff, and the breakfast staff. The rooms are clean and comfortable for a weekend stay. The breakfast has a good variety to suit multiple tastes. The sunrise view over the mountains in the spacious breakfast room is something to enjoy!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
dahowell, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments concerning your stays here with us. It is always nice to hear from return guests that find our staff and services are good reasons to come back. We appreciate the comments on staff members and have passed them on to the person mentioned. We look forward to many visits from you in the future.
Radford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

The staff is nice and always helpful. The breakfast is good, except for the coffee... Lots of options on the breakfast buffet, Waffles, juices, eggs, meats,etc...
It is a great place to stay, especially if you are flying out of the Roanoke Airport.
Great Service every time I visit and fly out and in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
dahowell, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for the kind words concerning your recent stay here with us. We are always happy to hear from return customers and love it that you keep coming back. We always try to exceed the expectations of all our guests and are glad you find our location suits your need. We look forward to future visits from you
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is a fairly typical highway hotel. Not as good as Hampton Inns, but acceptable for a quite night's stay. Room needed a little updating, but that would be expected given the excellent price. Breakfast was also typical.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
dahowell, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments and we would love the opportunity to serve you again on future visits to the area.

Been to Quality Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!