“Okay but not what I expected” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Roanoke Airport

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Roanoke Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6626 Thirlane Road, Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Forest, Virginia
“Okay but not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Beds were fine, room large enough (there were four of us ladies) and it seemed clean. Bring your own towels...The room only had two towels and two hand towels, and they were pretty thin....and when asked they said they had no more. Hand towels as bath towels after a shower didn't quite cut it. The phone didn't work to connect to the front desk. Oh well. Do feel we paid too much for what we got. It was a conference weekend, so maybe they were just overwhelmed, but I would expect they would have planned ahead better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
dahowell, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share both your good and bad comments in such a constructive manner. We were a little overwhelmed as you pointed out with the towel situation. So many ladies and too few towels!!! We placed a large order for towels at the beginning of this week to hopefully avoid this situation in the future. Please accept my apologies and give us another try on your next visit to the area. We appreciate your business!

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

$75
good location
decent customer service
terrible rooms - old and musty, peeling wall paper and ceiling paint, outdated furniture, OLD CRT television (I was told that there are no flat screens in the hotel)
I would have paid $60 for this place

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
dahowell, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Andre,

I was very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience while staying with us this past weekend. We strive to ensure that our guests have the best stay possible and your comments have been shared with the appropriate staff members and are being addressed as we speak.
We do face certain challenges that come with an older property but we believe that there is no excuse for not providing good customer service and appreciate your positive comments concerning our staff.
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Spent two days at the Qality Inn in September. I had forgot a bag at home and arrived without any of my grooming items. The first contact at check- staff was friendly and once again, found them extremely helpful when they donated a toothbrush and toothpaste for the cause. The rooms had a few stains on the rugs but clean. There was a little noise in the parking lot, cars coming and going but overall a quiet location. No road noise. I booked trip through expedia and grateful to have it assigned to me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us on your stay. We were pleased to hear that you were happy with your accommodations and that my staff was able to provide you with any items needed to make your stay a more comfortable one.
Please keep us in mind when returning to the Roanoke area. We appreciate your business!

Athens, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

One of the worst hotels I have sayed at. Booked on Priceline and got a lemon. Rooms were dirty, rundown, with filthy tub, rotting molding, and broken bed. Seriously go anywhere else. This place needs to be condemned.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your recent stay. Guest satisfaction is our number one concern and your feed back will be helpful as we strive to improve in any areas needed. My staff has been made aware of your concerns and they are addressing all issues that can be improved upon through additional housekeeping or maintenance attention. An older property can be a challenage but our standards are high and we will continue to improve moving forward.
Thanks again for your input.
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Have stayed here several times. Had a letter in my room from GM, Tonya, asking me to complete a Guest Satisfaction Survey. I decided, instead, to tell the whole world on TripAdvisor. This week I had a two-day seminar at the Hotel Roanoke. My co-workers wanted me to stay there and enjoy the evening with them. I opted instead to pass and spend my evening and night at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport. I've always been pleased with the quality and especially with the friendly employees. The front desk greeters have always been super friendly and helpful. But my personal favorite is Linda, the F&B Mgr. No matter how long it is between visits she always remembers me and greets me with a friendly smile. When I get to Roanoke, I always stay at the Quality Inn Roanoke Airport and I always eat at their restaurant/bar. And when Linda is on duty, my trip is perfection! Thanks Linda and thanks Quality Inn Roanoke. Jim Sprinkel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
dahowell, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your kind words concerning your recent stay. We appreciate return guests and are happy you stay with us on each return visit. Your kind words for our property , staff and for Linda specifically show us we are doing something right. We look forward to many more vists from you. Thanks again.
Byron, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Travelling back to GA, mid way stop. Staff was terrific. Costs have truly changed over the years and pricing may have been according to location, but I thought it was a little high for senior citizens. Room was comfortable, bed was fine. The only encountered problem was a lose toilet seat which was reported upon departure the next morning. Breakfast selection was good and food was hot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
dahowell, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to complete our survey. I was so pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay and found your room comfortable and your breakfast good too. I was also happy to know that the staff let you know how much we appreciated your staying with us!
Thanks for letting us know about the toilet seat so that we could get that repaired and we hope that if you find yourself in the Roanoke area again you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I had a nice comfortable clean room. The staff at check in and departure were exceptional. The breakfast was good as well. I was returning home from a meeting and it was a pleasant surprise at an affordable price. The room had a microwave and refrigerator and the high speed internet worked well. Upon leaving I met Donna, the Sales Manager, who was speaking with guests in the lobby. She as well as the rest of the staff were gems!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
dahowell, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you very much for completing our guest survey. We were happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable. We appreciate your comments about our staff and management and look forward to serving you again on future visits. Thanks again.

Been to Quality Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!