“Go elsewhere anywhere else” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Roanoke Airport

You added Quality Inn Roanoke Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6626 Thirlane Road, Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Athens, Georgia
“Go elsewhere anywhere else”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

One of the worst hotels I have sayed at. Booked on Priceline and got a lemon. Rooms were dirty, rundown, with filthy tub, rotting molding, and broken bed. Seriously go anywhere else. This place needs to be condemned.

• Stayed September 2013
dahowell, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your recent stay. Guest satisfaction is our number one concern and your feed back will be helpful as we strive to improve in any areas needed. My staff has been made aware of your concerns and they are addressing all issues that can be improved upon through additional housekeeping or maintenance attention. An older property can be a challenage but our standards are high and we will continue to improve moving forward.
Thanks again for your input.
Tonya Snuffer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Have stayed here several times. Had a letter in my room from GM, Tonya, asking me to complete a Guest Satisfaction Survey. I decided, instead, to tell the whole world on TripAdvisor. This week I had a two-day seminar at the Hotel Roanoke. My co-workers wanted me to stay there and enjoy the evening with them. I opted instead to pass and spend my evening and night at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport. I've always been pleased with the quality and especially with the friendly employees. The front desk greeters have always been super friendly and helpful. But my personal favorite is Linda, the F&B Mgr. No matter how long it is between visits she always remembers me and greets me with a friendly smile. When I get to Roanoke, I always stay at the Quality Inn Roanoke Airport and I always eat at their restaurant/bar. And when Linda is on duty, my trip is perfection! Thanks Linda and thanks Quality Inn Roanoke. Jim Sprinkel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
dahowell, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your kind words concerning your recent stay. We appreciate return guests and are happy you stay with us on each return visit. Your kind words for our property , staff and for Linda specifically show us we are doing something right. We look forward to many more vists from you. Thanks again.
Byron, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Travelling back to GA, mid way stop. Staff was terrific. Costs have truly changed over the years and pricing may have been according to location, but I thought it was a little high for senior citizens. Room was comfortable, bed was fine. The only encountered problem was a lose toilet seat which was reported upon departure the next morning. Breakfast selection was good and food was hot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
dahowell, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to complete our survey. I was so pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay and found your room comfortable and your breakfast good too. I was also happy to know that the staff let you know how much we appreciated your staying with us!
Thanks for letting us know about the toilet seat so that we could get that repaired and we hope that if you find yourself in the Roanoke area again you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Tonya Snuffer
Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I had a nice comfortable clean room. The staff at check in and departure were exceptional. The breakfast was good as well. I was returning home from a meeting and it was a pleasant surprise at an affordable price. The room had a microwave and refrigerator and the high speed internet worked well. Upon leaving I met Donna, the Sales Manager, who was speaking with guests in the lobby. She as well as the rest of the staff were gems!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
dahowell, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you very much for completing our guest survey. We were happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable. We appreciate your comments about our staff and management and look forward to serving you again on future visits. Thanks again.
Charlottetown
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My friend booked this on a blind bidding site. We got a decent price, but after spending the night there, I think I'd rather have spent an extra $20 for a cleaner, more up-to-date airport hotel in the area. I'll list the pros and cons as I experienced them.

Pros:
- Wonderful staff at the front desk - very friendly and helpful
- Free airport shuttle 24 hrs per day
- Decent Mexican restaurant within walking distance
- Pool looked nice (but apparently Labour Day was the last day it was open for the season).
- Large room

Cons
- Room smelled extremely musty
- Carpet and wallpaper were both heavily stained (I don't mind dated decor, but when it is stained and the such it makes one wonder about overall cleanliness).
- Tiny (but thick) pillows
- Our phone didn't work
- Main pub/eating area wasn't very welcoming - it was dead and the menu didn't seem very good
- Giant insect with wings appeared on my pillow about half an hour after we arrived. Not surprising since the rooms open directly to the outdoors, but just something to be aware of if you are not keen on sharing your room with insects.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for completing our guest survey. We appreciate your comments and will pass them on to supervisors in the appropriate departments. We always use this feedback to take measures to correct any problems guest find and also to let our staff know when they are complemented when interacting with guests. We look forward to serving you on future stays. Thanks again
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The place is nice and clean. Staff is smiley and very courteous specially Ginnie and Matt. Everytime I stay there they make sure that my stay is comfortable. They have awesome breakfast. The rooms are comfortable and beds are clean. Rooms have microwave, fridge, TV with cable, and internet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
dahowell, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this survey and rate our hotel!
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Quality Inn Roanoke Airport! We are always happy to hear that the rooms were clean, and that you enjoyed our excellent breakfast!
If you visit the area again, we hope you think of us while making your travel arrangements!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The entire hotel is dated and in need of repair and remodel. Rooms were okay but they need to have full size pillows on the beds. The only really good thing about this hotel was breakfest and the desk staff was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete our survey! It helps us serve you better to hear what you would like to see changed regarding our property. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our excellent breakfast, and our friendly Front Desk staff! And we thank you making us aware you were dissatisfied with the room pillows. It's suggestions like these that help us make the Quality Inn Roanoke Airport even better.
If you return to the Roanoke Valley or surrounding area, we hope you will think of us while making your travel arrangements.

Been to Quality Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!