“Pleasant stay, good buy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Roanoke Airport

You added Quality Inn Roanoke Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6626 Thirlane Road, Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Nelsonville, Ohio
“Pleasant stay, good buy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The location is handy location, the bed was very comfortable, and breakfast was hot and fresh every morning. The room was clean, and it was quiet at night. We'll probably stay there again when we go back next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
dahowell, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind comments concerning your stay with us at the Quality Inn Roanoke Airport. We were happy to hear that the service met with your expectations and hope that you will stay with us when you find yourself in our area again.
Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience!
Tonya Snuffer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Athens, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The room was clean, the bed comfortable and the staff friendly. The decor is very dated and the landscaping not maintained. They're skimpy with the shampoo, soap and coffee in the rooms. Not all of the electrical outlets in the room worked. The onlyvway I could access WiFi in my room was to hold my iPad up in the air over my head, which basically means that the claim thecthe rooms have free WiFi is false. The ice machine closest to our room didn't work socwe had to hike around to findcanother one. The free breakfast wasn't bad but the scrambled eggs were runny. Just remember the old saying that you getvwhat you pay for.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
dahowell, Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay at our hotel. While we appreciate your compliments for cleanliness and a friendly staff we were disheartened to hear that any part of your stay was unsatisfatory. As a team we will strive to do better and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Bangor, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The place is a bit dated. Needs a renovation. We booked one night here in order to be close to the airport to catch an early morning flight out. Fine for one night, but I would not recommend spending several nights here. Place was clean..........just needed updating.

I will say that the lady on duty at the front desk the morning we left was very accommodating. I think her name was Peggy. My wife had left something in our room which we did not discover until we were at the airport. We had turned in our car so we had no transportation nor time to go back and get it. Peggy went to our room for us...........found the item...........and arranged with a cab to deliver it to the airport for us. She went out of her way to help us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
dahowell, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. We take all comments very seriously. We are happy that Peggy was helpful as we always expect our staff to go the extra mile. We look forward to having you as our guests again in the future.
Portsmouth, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stay in Choice Hotels almost all of the time when we travel. I use my AAA book.
Let me start with the positives. The bed was comfortable. The sheets appeared to be clean. The young lady attending the desk upon arrival was polite and helpful. The gentleman attending the desk when we checked out was polite.

The negatives....
The price was way to much. The room felt like a dark, dingy dungeon. It smelled like it had not been truly cleaned. The carpet seamed clean but left shoes on. The toilet would not flush, took 20 minutes to fill, filled back with ice bucket. When taking a shower, gets cold when someone in the building flushes or something. I know nothing of plumbing but this needs to be repaired. The lamp shades were so old they didn't provide alot of light when on. The receptacle by sink did not work. The breakfast bar is the typical Choice Hotels breakfast. After waiting for three people to make a waffle, I gave up. I wasn't too sure about the cleanliness of the dinig area anyway. The outside was nasty, dirty windows, dirty ice room.

My personal solution was to take lysol wipes and wipe down every switch, remote control, heating and air buttons, the table tops and even the tv channel line up list. Anything that I knew we would touch. I also sprayed the room very well with my Lysol spray, which helped a little. You can't cover up dirt with spray though.

My suggestions for the manager. You speak a lot about renovations taking place and it takes time. Please notice that I am not complaining about the outdated TV, drapes, carpet, peeling wallpaper, peeling bathtub mat, outdated lamps or unmatched furniture. My entire problem is the filth. You can't expect anyone to accept this when paying to stay at your motel. I wouldn't care if the furnishing were brand new if it was filthy.

Mr. Manager, all anyone expects when renting a room is that it be clean. A nice, hot shower and a comfortable bed for the night.

I realize it costs a lot of money to redecorate. Try just replacing the lamp shades every ten years or so. If they are brownish yellow, they don't provide proper lighting. And by all means, bleach the sheers at least a couple of times a year. It is not expensive to do this. Lastly, dry clean the drapes once a year, steam clean the carpet a couple of times a year and sanitize the rooms!

I would NOT stay here again. I definitely would not recommend this place to anyone. I do not like giving bad reviews but the management here has to realize cleanliness is a must!

Room Tip: The only tip that I can give is to ask to see the room before deciding to stay there!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Room Tip: I paid $139.00 for a 29.99 dollar room. Do not stay here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. We take all comments seriously and try to take action on as many complaints and comments as we can. All concerned departments have been made aware of your comments and we are trying to address the ones we can. Thank you for your honesty and be certain we are working to remidy the situations. If in the area again we would like to show you our progress.
Reilingen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Prepaid for a room for an overnight, when I had to pick up our son who was arriving at 2332. By prepaying I got an even cheaper price and still got a full hot breakfast. This is an older property, but still very comfortable, clean and very near the airport. They have their own restaurant which had a very nice, but limited menu. Breakfast was very nice with eggs, sausage and the usual, breads, fruit, coffee and juice. Overall I was very pleased with what I saw and experienced here.

Room Tip: Prepaying got me even more off the Choice Privileges member price.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
dahowell, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments concerning your recent stay. We appreciate your taking the time to do so. We are happy to hear you had a good stay and have shared your comments with our entire staff. We look forward to having the chance to serve you in the future. Thanks again.
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

the hotel is fine for a few nights as it is located far from down town, the facilities are very cold, but it makes a good care of their employees and the good breakfast provided. The rooms are clean.
actually the price is good for this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay. We are glad you had a good experience with us and look forward to serving you again on any future visits to the area.
Suffolk, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here one night for a college football clinic and based it on price. It was a decent stay for the price, with a good evening meal at the on-site restaurant and a good breakfast in the morning. The room was just average at best; dated, worn, but OK for one night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
dahowell, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
We appreciate your taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay. We are glad your stay was nice and that you did enjoy our resturant and breakfast bar. We look forward to being able to serve you again in the future.

Been to Quality Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!