“Great place to stay in Roanoke” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Roanoke Airport

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Roanoke Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6626 Thirlane Road, Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Abingdon, Virginia, United States
“Great place to stay in Roanoke”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed here last night and was very pleased with my experience. The location was great and most convenient. The Desk was quite helpful and gave me loads of information on the area. My room was spacious and very clean and had a refrigerator, large vanity, great shower, and Great soft towels. They had a great comp full hot breakfast buffet. All this for a great price that was much lower than the other hotels I checked. I will remember this hotel the next time I come thru Roanoke.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
dahowell, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We are very happy you have found us to be a great value as well as a comfortable place to stay in Roanoke. Our staff is always pleased and happy with such good reviews and it helps them continue to do their jobs knowing their work is noticed.We always appreciate return customers and look forward to continue to serve you on future stays.

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Waynesboro, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This hotel is one that I have stayed in several times over the past 15 years. It used to be a Holiday Inn. Great breakfast and friendly staff. The hotel has some age but I have always found it to be clean and well maintained. I stayed there last night the only issue I would change is the cable tv selection is limited. I'll be back soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments on your most recent stay. We are happy to have served you in the past and hope to have more opportunities in the future. Thank you again.
Palm Harbor, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

After a rough start on the initial night of my three night stay, due to lack of adequate heat and towels in the room. The Hotel Staff made the necessary changes to improve my stay. The room I was moved to exceeded my expectations. I did not expect 5 star amenities for the price. My basic needs were met (comfortable beds, hot showers, clean towels, heat, TV, and free internet). The Breakfast and food in the Resturant was very good. The Hotel Staff was very pleasant and professional.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. As Guest Relations Manager I was very happy to see how our staff turned a somewhat bad situation into a pleasant experience for you. I apologize for the initial problems but as you noted we"fixed" it hopefully as soon as we could and to your satisfaction. We look forward to serving you again on any future trips to the Roanoke area.
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was responsible for overseeing a Little League clinic that was held in Roanoke, VA. It was decided to use Roanoke County's Green Ridge Recreation Center for our training classes and the Quality Inn for our main hotel. Green Ridge is less than a mile from the Quality Inn. There were 179 attendees for the clinic.

After getting prices from motels in the area, it was very clear that Debbie (Director of Sales) and the Quality Inn wanted our business. A VERY attractive rate was offered. It was important to keep in mind that these were volunteers using their own money to get here and stay here. The room rate included a full hot breakfast (not just cereals and microwave danish) . The hotel even provided a meeting room on Friday night and again on Saturday night to show a movie.

The staff did a wonderful job. It snowed on Friday evening when everyone was arriving and the staff did a good job of keeping the walkways clear. I had good compliments from attendees who went out of their way to let me know how much they enjoyed their stay. Because I live in Roanoke and did not stay in the motel, I am not rating the rooms. The attendees I spoke with indicated they were satisfied with their rooms and did not expect 5 star amenities for the price. The basic needs were met (comfortable beds, hot showers, clean towels, heat, TV, and free internet)

I would like to especially mention Linda who is a tremendous asset to the Quality Inn. She has a very friendly personality and cheerful attitude. In spite of the bad weather (and I am sure they had some staff that could not make it in), Linda was taking orders in the restaurant, and also making sure we had everything for our meeting(s). When I arrived at 6:30 Saturday morning to pickup the coffee dispensers, she was waiting for me at the door with freshly brewed coffee. Great service and attention to details. The kitchen staff even popped popcorn for our Saturday movie. The hotel also prepared boxed lunches for our meetings at Green Ridge.

My wife and I ate in the restaurant Friday and Saturday night and the food was delicious and reasonably priced. (Linda served us both nights)

I would certainly use the Quality Inn in the future and would recommend it for meetings or banquets.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
dahowell, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for the comments you shared following your group booking recently. We are happy your group found their stay here accomodating. Your comments on our management staff are appreciated as we know Debbie and LInda do a wonderful job. We thank you again and hope to house your group again in the future
Chester NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This hotel is off I-81 near the airport. Its located surrounded by other places Super 8, Hampton Inn and others and aslo fast food places. The airport is not very busy so it is not noisy.
We paid $37.00 on Hotwire before taxes. The room was very spacious 2 queen beds, easy chair, desk fridge and microwave. The property has a nice couryard with rooms overlooking the pool which is nice size, and green space around it. The rooms are not updated but well kept. The free breakfast was very good, bacon, scrambled egss, make your own waffles, fruits, juices etc. Free parking and free internet. I only stayed one night and had a problem with hot water in the morning, I spoke to Jasmine at the desk, who said no one else had a problem. She would send a maintenace guy around. This was no help as I was leaving. The water was warm enough to use, I spoke to other guests along my bank of rooms all had gone to the desk to complain, they were putting up with it. But management seemed in denial! Anyway for the price its a good place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay here. I will start off apoligizing for the water problem. We try to follow up on all complaints I'm sorry we didn't in your case. I am happy your overall stay seemed pleasant especially the breakfast. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you on any future stays in the area.
Oklahoma City, OK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We chose this hotel because we had the points for a free night. We stayed 5 nights while visiting family in Roanoke. The breakfast was spectacular including wonderful crisp bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, waffles, yogurt, bagels, etc. We would give the breakfast an excellent rating, especially for a free breakfast at a hotel.

We liked having a microwave and refrigerator in the room. But the bathroom left a lot to be desired. The door wouldn't close unless you lifted the toilet seat and there was mildew on the tile. Even though the bathroom was small, it would have been acceptable if they had done a better job of cleaning it.

The personnel at the hotel were very friendly, especially the cook in the dining room. We also enjoyed the newspaper in the morning. Wifi in our room worked fine and we used the computer and printer in the lobby.

The hotel is convenient to the mall and airport as well as I-81.

Room Tip: No elevator so ask for ground floor if you have problem with stairs.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. I am sorry you encountered problems with the bathroom during your stay. We take all comments seriously and do the best to fix the problems that occure. We would like to serve you again on any future stays and thank you again for your comments.
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

It was a free night via Choice Hotel Points, so perhaps is reason we were given this room? It was, however, very unacceptable. Bath was not clean, chair was grimy dirty and carpet soiled. Was no-smoking but smelled of stale cigarettes. The AC unit gave two options - bake or freeze. You get what you pay for, but wouldn't chance staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your comments from your stay in December. We try to meet and excede guest expectations with every guest and we seemed to drop the ball very badly with you. Please accept our apologizes and give us another try on a future stay.

Been to Quality Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!