I was responsible for overseeing a Little League clinic that was held in Roanoke, VA. It was decided to use Roanoke County's Green Ridge Recreation Center for our training classes and the Quality Inn for our main hotel. Green Ridge is less than a mile from the Quality Inn. There were 179 attendees for the clinic.
After getting prices from motels in the area, it was very clear that Debbie (Director of Sales) and the Quality Inn wanted our business. A VERY attractive rate was offered. It was important to keep in mind that these were volunteers using their own money to get here and stay here. The room rate included a full hot breakfast (not just cereals and microwave danish) . The hotel even provided a meeting room on Friday night and again on Saturday night to show a movie.
The staff did a wonderful job. It snowed on Friday evening when everyone was arriving and the staff did a good job of keeping the walkways clear. I had good compliments from attendees who went out of their way to let me know how much they enjoyed their stay. Because I live in Roanoke and did not stay in the motel, I am not rating the rooms. The attendees I spoke with indicated they were satisfied with their rooms and did not expect 5 star amenities for the price. The basic needs were met (comfortable beds, hot showers, clean towels, heat, TV, and free internet)
I would like to especially mention Linda who is a tremendous asset to the Quality Inn. She has a very friendly personality and cheerful attitude. In spite of the bad weather (and I am sure they had some staff that could not make it in), Linda was taking orders in the restaurant, and also making sure we had everything for our meeting(s). When I arrived at 6:30 Saturday morning to pickup the coffee dispensers, she was waiting for me at the door with freshly brewed coffee. Great service and attention to details. The kitchen staff even popped popcorn for our Saturday movie. The hotel also prepared boxed lunches for our meetings at Green Ridge.
My wife and I ate in the restaurant Friday and Saturday night and the food was delicious and reasonably priced. (Linda served us both nights)
I would certainly use the Quality Inn in the future and would recommend it for meetings or banquets.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Roanoke Airport Hotel
- Quality Inn Roanoke Airport Hotel Roanoke
- Roanoke Quality Inn
- Quality Inn Roanoke
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Inn® Roanoke Airport is conveniently located off Interstate 581, only two miles from Roanoke Regional Airport and Valley View Mall, one of Virginia's largest shopping centers. The hotel is minutes from Jefferson Center community center and historic landmark; Roanoke Civic Center convention, exhibition and cultural complex; Salem Civic Center's James E. Taliaferro Sports & Entertainment Complex and Hollins University .This Roanoke hotel is also near Dixie Caverns & Pottery Shop cave tour and Mill Mountain Zoo. The Virginia Horse Center, Smith Mountain Lake and Virginia Military Institute are within 45 miles.Sir Pete's Grill, located on the property, is open for dinner Monday-Friday 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (dinner served until 9:00 p.m.). The restaurant offers pool tables and dart boards.Quality Inn Roanoke Airport guests are invited to enjoy superior amenities like:•Free 24-hour airport transportation•Free deluxe continental breakfast with hot items•Free wireless high-speed Internet access•Free weekday newspaper•Free local callsWork off the day's stress in the exercise room and relax by the large seasonal outdoor pool. Be sure to enjoy the on-site game room and billiard room. This Roanoke hotel provides business travelers with rooms with spacious work areas and access to copy and fax services. Meeting and banquet facilities are available to accommodate business and meeting functions of almost any size.All rooms feature coffee makers, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Some rooms are equipped with refrigerators and microwaves. Non-smoking and handicap accessible rooms are also offered.Guest laundry facilities and a safe are located on the property. This is a pet-friendly hotel; a stay fee is required.When visiting the Roanoke area for business or pleasure, the Quality Inn Roanoke Airport is a perfect hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Quality Inn Roanoke Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.