“Everything was great!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Roanoke Airport

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Roanoke Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6626 Thirlane Road, Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
“Everything was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Our truck was broke down and in the shop, so we stayed for 2 nights. They picked us up and dropped us off in the shuttle and even helped me run a few errands since we had no vehicle. Everyone was very accomodating with everything that we needed & the manager went out of his way to check up on us and make sure that everything was going well. Breakfast was good...the usual 'continental breakfast' stuff, plus waffles, eggs and meat. The breakfast area was well stocked and well maintained, the lobby area was immaculate and the room was clean and comfortable. The water was hit with good water pressure and the towels were clean and fluffy. The ONLY thing lacking, was the amount of outlets available to charge phones and plug in laptops. There was an in-room fridge and microwave and enough channels on the tv. Thanks to Rusty an his staff gor a great stay!

• Stayed November 2012
Roger M, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you so much for the great review and I am glad everything went well during your stay with us even though we know it is tough dealing with a vehicle break down. I hope you are back on the road and please come back and see us if you are in Roanoke.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for work for a few weeks, and I was pleasantly surprised not only by the cleanliness, but the staff was super friendly and helpful, calling me by my name regularly, and always being pleasant. I enjoyed staying a this property, and would definitely stay again if in the Roanoke area

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for choosing our location during your stay for business. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again when you are back in Roanoke.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Very pleasant staff. Enjoyed all aspects of our stay. Lobby area very clean, staff friendly, courteous, and efficient. Bar area off lobby. Also very nice sedate and well appointed. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
Roger M, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments in regards to your hotel stay. We are working very hard to create a positive service culture and we are moving in the right direction from your feedback. I will be sharing this with my team and look forward to seeing you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

My son had a severe stomachache. He threw up several times over night. Ms. Peggy Sue was so kind and willing to handle the situation. She gave me a useful information for that matter. Special thanks to Peggy :)

• Stayed November 2012
I am so sorry to hear your son was ill during your stay with us and I am glad to hear Peggy went above and beyond to help you. I always share positve and negative reviews with my team and will make sure Peggy is recognized for her service. Thanks again and hope to see you on your next visit to Roanoke.
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I realize from reading previous manager replies to bad reviews that he cares about what people think of this establishment. I am not hard on places at all. I have never rated any less than 3, but this time I must. We stay in Choice Hotels almost all of the time when we travel and in fact are diamond members.

Let me start with the positives. The bed was comfortable. The sheets appeared to be clean. The price was right and the location was good. The young lady attending the desk upon arrival was polite and helpful. The gentleman attending the desk when we checked out was polite.

The negatives....
The room felt like a dark, dingy dungeon. It smelled like it had not been truly cleaned in a few years. The carpet was terribly soiled. The toilet was dirty from the previous guests. Track marks in the toilet if you get my meaning. The lamp shades were so old and dirty they didn't provide light even when all of them were turned on. The sheer behind the drapes reeked of stale, musty, odors and a simple wash in bleach would take care of that. The heating and air unit had dust on it and dust on the controls at least an eighth of an inch think. The air filter, which is clearly visible since the panel cover is missing is so filthy, we turned the unit off because I would rather be cold than inhale the dirt and allergens. This could have been cured with a swipe of a feather duster and a new filter or wash the old one occasionally. The on-off switches for the lights have years of dirt and grime on them. The breakfast bar is the typical Choice Hotels breakfast. After waiting for three people to make a waffle, I gave up. I wasn't too sure about the cleanliness of the dinig area anyways.

My personal solution was to take lysol wipes and wipe down every switch, remote control, heating and air buttons, the table tops and even the tv channel line up list. Anything that I knew we would touch. I also sprayed the room very well with my Lysol spray, which helped a little. You can't cover up dirt with spray though. We sprayed the toilet down with Tilex. We at least got the seat clean enough to use the toilet. We also sprayed the sink down with Tilex. Also, the toilet kicks on during the night running water. I know nothing of plumbing but this needs to be repaired. The fridge in the room also hisses so the tv was left on all night to cover the hiss and the running water.

My suggestions for the manager..Fire your housekeepers or train them properly. You speak a lot about renovations taking place and it takes time. Please notice that I am not complaining about the outdated TV, drapes, carpet, peeling wallpaper, peeling bathtub mat, outdated lamps or
unmatched furniture. My entire problem is the filth. You can't expect anyone to accept this when paying to stay at your motel. I wouldn't care if the furnishing were brand new if it was filthy. Do you ever check behind your cleaning staff?

Mr. Manager, all anyone expects when renting a cheap room is that it be clean. A nice, hot shower and a comfortable bed for the night.

I realize it costs a lot of money to redecorate. Try just replacing the lamp shades every ten years or so. If they are brownish yellow, they don't provide proper lighting. And by all means, bleach the sheers at least a couple of times a year. It is not expensive to do this. Lastly, dry clean the drapes once a year, steam clean the carpet a couple of times a year and sanitize the rooms!

I would NOT stay here again. I definitely would not recommend this place to anyone. I do not like giving bad reviews but the management here has to realize cleanliness is a must!

Room Tip: The only tip that I can give is to ask to see the room before deciding to stay there! This is the wo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Roger M, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments (both positive and negative) and I plan to address the issues with my management and associate team. Please send me the room number you stayed in via email (gm.va411@choicehotels.com) at your earliest convenience. I want to apologize to you for the issues you encountered and I definitely will make the neccessary corrections so we do not let this happen to another one of our guests. I realize you will not stay here again and can only hope in the future you will change your mind to give us another chance.
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel was fine for one night passing through. Things were clean and the breakfast in the morning was far above 2-star level. The furniture and carpet shows its age and there was a musty smell in the bathroom. However, it appears they are renovating rooms so in time this will improve.

My thoughts and tips...
--Room was fine; has a microwave and fridge, which is a plus. Ask for a renovated room to see if one has come available.
--There were only 2 towels in the bathroom, but a quick walk to the front desk got me all the towels I needed.
--Waffle House was a 15 second drive away for late-night hunger.
--Breakfast had eggs, sausage and waffles in addition to the cold standards.
--There are lots of coupons out there for this place; be sure to use one.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor for easier in/out.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feeback about your stay. My maintenance and housekeeping teams are working hard on our guest rooms to make the neccessary improvements with our cleanliness standards. I hope to see you again on your next visit to Roanoke.
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We held our company reunion here in September. 70 people came to the event and had such a good time, we will be setting a date for next year. Debbie was such a big help in putting the event together, her suggestions and arangments were so helpful. Linda checked on us during the event and made our evening activites at the resturant and bar a big success. Jimmy at the desk chose very good rooms for my family to stay in. These rooms had just been updated and looked very good. This is a older hotel, but the feeling of someone actually caring about you we so noticeable. It felt like a family friend had you stay over. I stay here at least once every year for the last 5 years and I have not had a bad experience yet and it doesnt break the bank for what my needs are.

Exercise room was small but had very modern equipment, courtyard around pool was a great place to relax, and the pool was clean. Your close to the interstate and a large mall 1 exit away. 5 min. from airport, and they have shuttle.

Room Tip: This is an older 2 floor hotel without elevator, you have to use the stairs. Hotel is in a courtyard...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience in regards to your stay and function. Thank you again for your business and we look forward to seeing you again next year.

Been to Quality Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!