“Perfectly fine for passing through” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Roanoke Airport

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Roanoke Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6626 Thirlane Road, Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Arlington, Virginia
“Perfectly fine for passing through”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel was fine for one night passing through. Things were clean and the breakfast in the morning was far above 2-star level. The furniture and carpet shows its age and there was a musty smell in the bathroom. However, it appears they are renovating rooms so in time this will improve.

My thoughts and tips...
--Room was fine; has a microwave and fridge, which is a plus. Ask for a renovated room to see if one has come available.
--There were only 2 towels in the bathroom, but a quick walk to the front desk got me all the towels I needed.
--Waffle House was a 15 second drive away for late-night hunger.
--Breakfast had eggs, sausage and waffles in addition to the cold standards.
--There are lots of coupons out there for this place; be sure to use one.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor for easier in/out.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Roger M, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feeback about your stay. My maintenance and housekeeping teams are working hard on our guest rooms to make the neccessary improvements with our cleanliness standards. I hope to see you again on your next visit to Roanoke.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We held our company reunion here in September. 70 people came to the event and had such a good time, we will be setting a date for next year. Debbie was such a big help in putting the event together, her suggestions and arangments were so helpful. Linda checked on us during the event and made our evening activites at the resturant and bar a big success. Jimmy at the desk chose very good rooms for my family to stay in. These rooms had just been updated and looked very good. This is a older hotel, but the feeling of someone actually caring about you we so noticeable. It felt like a family friend had you stay over. I stay here at least once every year for the last 5 years and I have not had a bad experience yet and it doesnt break the bank for what my needs are.

Exercise room was small but had very modern equipment, courtyard around pool was a great place to relax, and the pool was clean. Your close to the interstate and a large mall 1 exit away. 5 min. from airport, and they have shuttle.

Room Tip: This is an older 2 floor hotel without elevator, you have to use the stairs. Hotel is in a courtyard...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience in regards to your stay and function. Thank you again for your business and we look forward to seeing you again next year.
Lynchburg, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Where do I start...we reserved a room that we were told had 2 bathrooms so we payed more for that reason. When we got to our room it had 1 bathroom and when we called about it they acted like they did not know what we were talking about. The manager finally got on the phone and said those rooms were under construction. Don't you think we should have heard about this at check in!?!?! Then the light in the shower did not work and when we called to get that fixed the manager said his maintenance man had left for the day....too bad, fix it!!!! He eventually fixed it but broke the cover on the light when he did. Then we did not have enough towels and when we called for more she said we could come get them...WHAT!!! We should never have to go get our own towels!!! The room was dirty and stains everywhere. The breakfast room chairs were about to break and had disgusting stains all over them and they did not have a great selection. The best part was finally leaving.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Roger M, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
I do apologize for the reservation and room issues you experienced during your stay with us. You are correct, we should have notified you prior to arrival with not having the correct room type you originally reserved. I have shared your comments with my staff and please feel free to contact me via email at gm.va411@choicehotels.com to give us a chance to make your next stay more enjoyable than the previous one.
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

have spent the last 13 months at this facility due to work in the area. I found the staff very friendly and helpful. They will go the extra mile to accomodate your needs. The motel, although not ultra new is clean and very quiet. The breakfast they serve is great - lots of different foods to choose from and good hot food. I believe this facility is an excellent value for the money.

Dale K.

Room Tip: i have stayed at the Quality Inn in Roanoke for the past year while working in town. The motel is cl...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
dahowell, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
We appreciate your comments on your stay in Sept. We always enjoy hearing from repeat stay guests and we thank you for your loyalty. We look forward to having you back if your business brings you back to Roanoke.
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was the first time I stayed at this hotel, looking for something that was not too expensive for a business trip. I enjoyed the free wifi and the very clean and comfortable bedding! Peggy Sue and the folks at the front desk were very welcoming, and it was easy to find and close to lots of things in Roanoke.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Roger M, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments and I am glad to hear you enjoy your stay with us! We continue to work hard to make improvements with our guest rooms and service and I am excited to hear that our hard work and dedication is paying off. Thanks again and hope to see you again soon.
Roanoke
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Waited over 1 hr for bus shuttle (called on phone and they originally said 30 minutes)...ridiculous given the airport is exactly 5 minute drive. Manager picked me up and had no apologies and noted it was business as usual. This morning, waited for another shuttle for 30 minutes and missed my bus to Blacksburg. Room was poor quality, stains, hairs, etc. Breakfast was actually mediocre. Manager doesn't care about this establishment and it shows.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This has to be one of the worst places I have ever seen call itself a hotel. My reservation was screwed up to begin with. I should have stopped there. The place is in a great state of disrepair (more than what their manager has commented on "damage from a storm" - a good business gets this fixed quickly and moves on!!). Simple things like paint and cleaning stains from chairs, floors, etc weren't new damage, its a lack of management and people who care. The internet does not work as I spent the night working from my phone instead. The front sign was missing off the building and I only saw this the next morning when I checked out early and am now enjoying a night in the Holiday Inn down the road. I'm not expecting the Ritz when I am staying at a hotel, but I expect to feel like I am in a clean room, with common comforts, not a dump of a roach motel. I will never stay here or at another hotel under their company again! It is worth every penny to stay somewhere else!

Tear this place down and plant some trees so no one ever has to see this place again. Terrible!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Roger M, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I deeply apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. Our front sign was severely damaged during the storm back in July and we are expecting the sign to be installed by the end of this month. The team here are working hard to get the property back in top shape along with deep cleaning, inspecting, and making the necessary repairs in every room as needed. I am also going to check the Internet access points to see if there are continuing issues with connectivity. Please feel free to reach out to me via email at gm.va411@choicehotels.com.

Been to Quality Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!