“Nice Place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Roanoke Airport

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Roanoke Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6626 Thirlane Road, Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Roanoke, Virginia
“Nice Place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

have spent the last 13 months at this facility due to work in the area. I found the staff very friendly and helpful. They will go the extra mile to accomodate your needs. The motel, although not ultra new is clean and very quiet. The breakfast they serve is great - lots of different foods to choose from and good hot food. I believe this facility is an excellent value for the money.

Dale K.

Room Tip: i have stayed at the Quality Inn in Roanoke for the past year while working in town. The motel is cl...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
dahowell, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
We appreciate your comments on your stay in Sept. We always enjoy hearing from repeat stay guests and we thank you for your loyalty. We look forward to having you back if your business brings you back to Roanoke.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was the first time I stayed at this hotel, looking for something that was not too expensive for a business trip. I enjoyed the free wifi and the very clean and comfortable bedding! Peggy Sue and the folks at the front desk were very welcoming, and it was easy to find and close to lots of things in Roanoke.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Roger M, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments and I am glad to hear you enjoy your stay with us! We continue to work hard to make improvements with our guest rooms and service and I am excited to hear that our hard work and dedication is paying off. Thanks again and hope to see you again soon.
Roanoke
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Waited over 1 hr for bus shuttle (called on phone and they originally said 30 minutes)...ridiculous given the airport is exactly 5 minute drive. Manager picked me up and had no apologies and noted it was business as usual. This morning, waited for another shuttle for 30 minutes and missed my bus to Blacksburg. Room was poor quality, stains, hairs, etc. Breakfast was actually mediocre. Manager doesn't care about this establishment and it shows.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This has to be one of the worst places I have ever seen call itself a hotel. My reservation was screwed up to begin with. I should have stopped there. The place is in a great state of disrepair (more than what their manager has commented on "damage from a storm" - a good business gets this fixed quickly and moves on!!). Simple things like paint and cleaning stains from chairs, floors, etc weren't new damage, its a lack of management and people who care. The internet does not work as I spent the night working from my phone instead. The front sign was missing off the building and I only saw this the next morning when I checked out early and am now enjoying a night in the Holiday Inn down the road. I'm not expecting the Ritz when I am staying at a hotel, but I expect to feel like I am in a clean room, with common comforts, not a dump of a roach motel. I will never stay here or at another hotel under their company again! It is worth every penny to stay somewhere else!

Tear this place down and plant some trees so no one ever has to see this place again. Terrible!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Roger M, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I deeply apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay with us. Our front sign was severely damaged during the storm back in July and we are expecting the sign to be installed by the end of this month. The team here are working hard to get the property back in top shape along with deep cleaning, inspecting, and making the necessary repairs in every room as needed. I am also going to check the Internet access points to see if there are continuing issues with connectivity. Please feel free to reach out to me via email at gm.va411@choicehotels.com.
Raleigh, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

What can I say other than horrible hotel. This place is rated as a two star establishment, in my opinion in barely rates a one star. Upon check in (after 11pm) I had to track down the receptionist she was out the back door smoking she greeted me with "what do you want!" I was apprehensive about the condition of the hotel when I walked in, but was hopeful my room would be better. Man was I wrong! The carpet was nasty, the furniture was dated, the tv only has 12 channels, and the towels were well worn. What a waste of $70! Never again! We checked in the Hampton Inn across the street and had a much better experience!

• Stayed August 2012
Roger M, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
I apologize for the issues you experience during your stay with us. We are currently making improvements to the property as far as having the guest room carpets professionally cleaned, more selection of channels with our televisions, and other in house projects. I will address your review with my staff and management and hope you will give us another chance to make your next stay more enjoyable than the previous one.
West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Don't waste your money staying here... not worth it at all!!! The new GM was rude and unhelpful with our stay. His overal customer service skills were not very professional which is a shame because the former GM was very nice and helpful when we stayed at this hotel each year traveling to visit family in the area. I hope this new manager won't be staying too long and that a more helpful manager can be hired to serve the hotel guests!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel or continue driving!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
upstate NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We were traveling home from Florida with another couple and after a 12 hour ride arrived at this hotel where we had reservations. We went to our rooms and in the other couple's room , the smoke detector would go off every few minutes and we could hear it in our next door room as well. When we informed the hotel desk clerk, she rudely said all she could do was to move us to another room. In the new room we pulled the sheet back and found a COCKROACH in the bed and another crawling across the floor, Needless to say we immediately CHECKED out and decided to finish driving home, another 8 hour drive.... I WILL NEVER EVER STAY AT ANOTHER QUALITY INN. The staff was rude and unhelpful... When told about the roaches in our room, she was unfazed, like it was no big deal.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I am the new General Manager and we are making great changes to the property. My team and I take your comments very seriously. I do apologize for the issues and lack of service received during your brief stay with us. I hope you will give us another chance on your next visit to Roanoke, VA.

Been to Quality Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!