“awesome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Roanoke Airport

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Roanoke Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6626 Thirlane Road, Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Anaheim, California, United States
“awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Hi,my name is Lorand,i am truckdriver,i had to leave my truck in the shop overnight,so i had to get a hotel somewhere.Somebody from Virginia Truck Center told me to call Quality Inn.This guys were awesome.they picked me up from the shop,then i realized i don't have a wall charger for my cell phone.The manager,Brandon Snuffer gave me his phones charger.The room was clean,and the service was great.thanks to Brandon,

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Pros: Professional staff, room not completely horrible, cheap
Cons: room pretty horrible

I booked a room here for the night before a trail marathon in the nearby mountains. Being the kind of guy who runs trail marathons, my tolerance for grime and discomfot is pretty high, but this hotel nearly cleared the bar to gross me out.

It's got that nasty motel feel, with dirty outdoor hallways and stairwells featuring rusted fixtures, loud ice machines and mystery drips. It's got some kind of conference/reception setup, so there was a hillbilly wedding going on, which made for at least some lively neighbors.

Like many "Quality" Inns I've used, the facilities are pretty old and crumbling around the edges (plaster falling, horrific moldy baseboards/caulk lines in bathrooms, etc.). This one had a mustier smell than most, a combination of old, wet plaster and mildewy 80s carpet.

That wasn't what put it over the edge for me, however. That was the pretty major and huge dead cockroach in my bathroom, right where housekeeping should have seen it. When I was through being disgusted by that, I reached for a washcloth to clean up my face, and right before I was about to rub it onto my mug, my eyes focused on a tremendously awesome dark-n-curly, obviously a leftover from a prior guest, embedded in the terrycloth weave. It was not alone.

Mangement's response to my complaints about this situation was to completely ignore me, though I made several attempts to contact them using both local and national contact info.

Bottom line, may be worth the money, depending on how much skank you can put up with.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Brandon S, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
We appreciate your feedback which is vital to our being able to improve our guest service experience. Thank you for your comments about the cleanliness and competitive pricing of the hotel.

While a good product is very important to us, equally important is the overall guest experience. We want to “wow” our guests by exceeding their expectations. Unfortunately we missed the mark with your stay. We have reviewed your comments with our hotel staff and reminded them that “hospitality” should be who we "are" and that we expect every guest to have an awesome experience while staying in “our home”. Only above and beyond service is acceptable!

Thank you for your comments. We hope to have opportunity to “wow” you on a return visit.
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

We found this Quality Inn to be clean, pleasant staff. Good value for our money, Rooms was nice size.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the wonderful review about your recent stay at the Quality Inn, Roanoke Airport. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We appreciate your kind comments about our staff - we are indeed proud of our hospitable staff both on the front desk and as you noted also in housekeeping - they do a terrific job providing clean rooms!

Your comments and feedback are very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future!
Fort Lewis, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

We were on a road trip and just needed a place to shower and sleep before getting back on the road. We checked into an oversized room, paying $90 for it. Upon getting into the room, the first thing we noticed was that there were no towels or washcloths, no bath mat or soap, and only a 1/4 of a roll of toilet paper on the spool. After the clerk brought up these things, I had my shower (found hair in the tub and on the sink), then tried to dry my hair. The hair dryer didn't work. I tried hitting reset on the circuit breaker both on the wall outlet and the dryer itself, but nothing. Went to bed with wet hair. My husband plugged in his laptop to charge the battery while we slept, only to discover that the outlet shuts off when the light switch on the wall is turned off, so it didn't charge overnight. Breakfast was unimpressive the next morning. Standard fare of waffle maker, juice, pre-wrapped pastries, cereal, etc. The coffee was out, and I had to ask the front desk clerk to make some.

Overall, I think we paid too much for the room, and we probably won't stay at another Quality Inn.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I stayed here while traveling to Georgia. The room and bathroom were visibly clean. Everything worked in the room, so it was fine for my stop over. The buffet breakfast was good too, with scrambled eggs. I would stay there again. I used points for the room, so i do not know if the rate is reasonable

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Brandon S, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2011

It is very rewarding to hear that we have succeeded in offering the key hotel necessities: clean, quiet and friendly. Our complimentary hot breakfast buffet is also a big hit with our guests and we are pleased that it met your needs!

Your comments and feedback are very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I came to Roanoke for a business conference and I was very satisfied with this hotel. The room was clean, bathroom was clean and the staff were very friendly. I arrived around 4:00 pm and the guy at the front desk was awesome! He really knows customer service! The people in the restaurant / bar were also great and I never saw anyone who didn't have a smile on their face. The amenities were great and the complimentary wireless internet was also a welcome addition. Aside from the excellent customer service, I would have to say that one of the best things about this hotel was the breakfast! It was delicious! I had a great stay at this hotel and I would definitely recommend this property for business and / or leisure travel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Brandon S, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Thank you so much for the wonderful review about your recent stay at the Quality Inn, Roanoke Airport. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to providing you with many more exceptional stays!
Cheraw, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

We stayed at this hotel as a family. I was not very popular as I was the one who booked the hotel. We all tried to make the best of it! We arrived late and all they had left were smoking rooms. None of us can tolerate that, and I will say the staff did some shuffling around and got us non smoking rooms. Like some others wrote, the breakfast is its only redeeming factor. It was very good! The rooms are very old, wall paper falling off, not very clean,ect. We all kept our shoes on! Also the beds were comfortable! Not sure how the regular rooms are. They gave us two king rooms because of the smoking issue. It also appeared to me that alot of the rooms were not in use. It was a little spooky walking to our room late at night.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Brandon S, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
All guest concerns and feedback are taken very seriously by our employees and management staff at the hotel. We do our best to correct a guest's concerns as soon as they are brought to our attention, in order to ensure future guest satisfaction. Upon receiving your feedback about your stay, we immediately reviewed your comments with our housekeeping manager, staff and maintenance staff. We do have very specific cleanliness standards in place at the hotel. Unfortunately, we seem to have missed the mark during your stay with us. We proactively solicit feedback from our guests through comment cards and surveys, and overall the majority of our guests are very pleased with our level of cleanliness and the service that they receive from our staff.

Been to Quality Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!