“This is more a 1 star hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Roanoke Airport

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Roanoke Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6626 Thirlane Road, Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Cheraw, South Carolina
“This is more a 1 star hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

We stayed at this hotel as a family. I was not very popular as I was the one who booked the hotel. We all tried to make the best of it! We arrived late and all they had left were smoking rooms. None of us can tolerate that, and I will say the staff did some shuffling around and got us non smoking rooms. Like some others wrote, the breakfast is its only redeeming factor. It was very good! The rooms are very old, wall paper falling off, not very clean,ect. We all kept our shoes on! Also the beds were comfortable! Not sure how the regular rooms are. They gave us two king rooms because of the smoking issue. It also appeared to me that alot of the rooms were not in use. It was a little spooky walking to our room late at night.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Brandon S, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
All guest concerns and feedback are taken very seriously by our employees and management staff at the hotel. We do our best to correct a guest's concerns as soon as they are brought to our attention, in order to ensure future guest satisfaction. Upon receiving your feedback about your stay, we immediately reviewed your comments with our housekeeping manager, staff and maintenance staff. We do have very specific cleanliness standards in place at the hotel. Unfortunately, we seem to have missed the mark during your stay with us. We proactively solicit feedback from our guests through comment cards and surveys, and overall the majority of our guests are very pleased with our level of cleanliness and the service that they receive from our staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Haysi, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

This is by far the most disgusting room I have ever stayed in. My child and I were in town for the Virginia Tech game. I made reservations 2 days prior to the stay because we were given last minute free tickets. I called and checked numerous places online, but this room was the only one available on such short notice. When I booked, I was expressed repeatedly to the clerk that I did not want to book it if the rooms were unclean or outdated. I was assured that the place was very nice and a value for the money. I should have known better. Upon arriving, I immediately noticed that the border/wallpaper was falling off the wall in numerous places. The carpet was filthy. The mattresses were sunken in the middle and were very thin. But we were so tired after a 4 hr. drive and sitting thru a ballgame in 30 degree, rainy weather that I knew I was in no shape to drive the 4 hrs. home. I was told there were no rooms I could switch to as they were booked solid. There were no towels in the room. I called and they were brought to me immediately. The towels were frayed with lots of strings hanging from them. When I tried to hang one on the towel rack, the entire towel rack fell apart and landed in the floor. The curtains/sheers were filthy looking. The few electrical outlets I could find had all come unattached from the wall, which seemed quite dangerous to me. I desperately needed to lie on my heating pad, but there was nowhere safe too plug it into. At 12:30 last night, I used the restroom, only to find that the commode wouldn’t flush. I called the front desk and was told that the water had shut off for some reason, but that maintenance was working on it. When I got ready to leave this morning, it was working again. The smoke alarm kept beeping, so I called for a new battery. The asst. mgr. arrived immediately, and STOOD ON THE BED IN HIS SHOES to check it. Instead of changing the battery, he just unhooked the alarm completely. The only nice thing I can say is that when I called for service (multiple times) the staff was quick with their response, even though there was not anything they could do to make this a pleasant stay. They did remove $20.00 from my bill for all the issues, but it in no way got me past the gross feeling I’ve had all day. We had intended to stay in town today to shop, but upon awaking from very little sleep, we just threw our clothes on, packed, and came straight back home. I will never, ever stay in this place or another Quality Inn. I have tons of pictures to prove my point.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
It is never easy to get less-than-complimentary feedback on a guest's experience at our hotel. However, all feedback is welcomed as it can be used to better train our team and to enable us to achieve a higher level of guest satisfaction.

The unfortunate housekeeping and maintenance issues you encountered are not our standard. We do sincerely apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. We have reviewed both your comments and our housekeeping standards with the management and staff. Our goal is to ensure that future guests do not encounter a similar experience.

Thank you again for your feedback and comments. We sincerely hope that you will visit us again in the future so you can experience the service level that we strive for on a daily basis.
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Checked in for a one night stay. Check in was quick. The room appeared normal, but the bathroom and the sink area had not been thouroughly cleaned, there wre a few hairs- not mine- in the sink. There was a spider web with a spider in the corner between the tub and the toilet.
It was a King size bed but had only 2 pillows, they normally have 4
I woke up the following morning to take a shower, once in the shower I lathered up and the water went out and I had to dry the soap off of me unable to wash it off with water. The desk clerk knocked 10$ off of my bill, but still was not happy . I went down the street to eat at a beakfast place and after talking to some of the patrons, the surrounding hotels and restaurants did NOT have any water problems, it was only the Quality Inn. Room was not what was advertised.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Clinton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

This Quality Inn is older but it was clean. It is set up as a motel square shape style with exterior doors with a large court yard and pool in the center. The room was fine, clean and standard for most Quality Inns. I didn't look at the pool area but it appeared to be nice. Breakfast was the standard fare. What I didn't like was that the hotel has no elevator.. I had 2 senior parents with me and I requested first floor while making the reservation. I also called a day ahead to remind the front desk that I needed a first floor for my parents. We checked in about 7pm and was told there were no more first floor rooms which really upset me as my parents have a hard time walking. It was a busy graduation weekend and the hotel was sold out and there were no other available hotels anywhere around. Needless to say, this put a damper on our stay. The best part of my stay was having dinner at the nearby Mexican restaurant (a 2 minute walk) called El Toreo~very colorful and good food.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Troy, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

As a business traveler who has stayed frequently at this hotel from November of last year till just recently, I have to say that for the price, you get much more than you expect from this hotel. Sure, after repeated stays there has been a problem or two with the rooms, but when brought to the attention of maintenance, the issues were resolved almost immediately. I have never come across bedbugs here (which I am vigilant about checking for).

The staff has always been courteous, and the head of maintenance is this warm-hearted guy who will chat your ear off if you give him the chance, and who will bend over backward to make sure anything you need is taken care of.

The breakfast is a welcome break from the usual "continental" that I come across in my various stays. The trees in the courtyard surrounding the pool give a wonderful shade and feeling that I love to walk through. Bottom line: were I visiting Roanoke for pleasure, I would probably stay here.

(and make sure to go to El Toreo a few doors down. Excellent Mexican food, and friendly service!)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Buchanan, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

The rooms were pretty dated with a few updates. It was clean and bed was comfortable. Carpet looked really dated and worn. Pool was nice (up to 9 feet deep!) but area around it could have used some attention. I do not normally like to stay in a motel where the doors open outside, but was okay since with my husband. Rate was reasonable for the accommodations. Shower was awesome and shower head was high so you did not have to duck to get under it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Piney Flats, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Hotel staff and service were great! Had a great time!! Will definitely be coming back next year for the next Mountain Bear Madness. Thank you great staff!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the wonderful review about your recent stay at the Quality Inn, Roanoke Airport. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Our goal always is to provide guest satisfaction to the best of our ability. It gives us great pleasure to hear that we met your expectations in both service and product during your stay with us.

Your comments and feedback are very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Been to Quality Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!