“Not what I expected for a $79.00 room” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Roanoke Airport

You added Quality Inn Roanoke Airport to your Saves list
Quality Inn Roanoke Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6626 Thirlane Road, Roanoke, VA 24019 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Not what I expected for a $79.00 room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

Checked in for a one night stay. Check in was quick. The room appeared normal, but the bathroom and the sink area had not been thouroughly cleaned, there wre a few hairs- not mine- in the sink. There was a spider web with a spider in the corner between the tub and the toilet.
It was a King size bed but had only 2 pillows, they normally have 4
I woke up the following morning to take a shower, once in the shower I lathered up and the water went out and I had to dry the soap off of me unable to wash it off with water. The desk clerk knocked 10$ off of my bill, but still was not happy . I went down the street to eat at a beakfast place and after talking to some of the patrons, the surrounding hotels and restaurants did NOT have any water problems, it was only the Quality Inn. Room was not what was advertised.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Clinton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

This Quality Inn is older but it was clean. It is set up as a motel square shape style with exterior doors with a large court yard and pool in the center. The room was fine, clean and standard for most Quality Inns. I didn't look at the pool area but it appeared to be nice. Breakfast was the standard fare. What I didn't like was that the hotel has no elevator.. I had 2 senior parents with me and I requested first floor while making the reservation. I also called a day ahead to remind the front desk that I needed a first floor for my parents. We checked in about 7pm and was told there were no more first floor rooms which really upset me as my parents have a hard time walking. It was a busy graduation weekend and the hotel was sold out and there were no other available hotels anywhere around. Needless to say, this put a damper on our stay. The best part of my stay was having dinner at the nearby Mexican restaurant (a 2 minute walk) called El Toreo~very colorful and good food.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Troy, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

As a business traveler who has stayed frequently at this hotel from November of last year till just recently, I have to say that for the price, you get much more than you expect from this hotel. Sure, after repeated stays there has been a problem or two with the rooms, but when brought to the attention of maintenance, the issues were resolved almost immediately. I have never come across bedbugs here (which I am vigilant about checking for).

The staff has always been courteous, and the head of maintenance is this warm-hearted guy who will chat your ear off if you give him the chance, and who will bend over backward to make sure anything you need is taken care of.

The breakfast is a welcome break from the usual "continental" that I come across in my various stays. The trees in the courtyard surrounding the pool give a wonderful shade and feeling that I love to walk through. Bottom line: were I visiting Roanoke for pleasure, I would probably stay here.

(and make sure to go to El Toreo a few doors down. Excellent Mexican food, and friendly service!)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Buchanan, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

The rooms were pretty dated with a few updates. It was clean and bed was comfortable. Carpet looked really dated and worn. Pool was nice (up to 9 feet deep!) but area around it could have used some attention. I do not normally like to stay in a motel where the doors open outside, but was okay since with my husband. Rate was reasonable for the accommodations. Shower was awesome and shower head was high so you did not have to duck to get under it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Piney Flats, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Hotel staff and service were great! Had a great time!! Will definitely be coming back next year for the next Mountain Bear Madness. Thank you great staff!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Brandon S, General Manager at Quality Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you so much for the wonderful review about your recent stay at the Quality Inn, Roanoke Airport. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Our goal always is to provide guest satisfaction to the best of our ability. It gives us great pleasure to hear that we met your expectations in both service and product during your stay with us.

Your comments and feedback are very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Not clean, no promised WiFi, no linens (!) for the pull-out couch (had to go to the desk to get them, since at 10 pm in an airport hotel, there was only one person, an intern, on duty!), and the promised hot breakfast was understocked. Avoid this place unless your other option is to sleep in your car!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Sterling, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

I wasn't expecting much when I made my reservations here - but it falls short in even the most basic areas. The complimentary breakfast was sub-par. For example, No bagels. No bananas. I went to get change for the vending machines at the front desk and asked her if the vending machines took dollar bills or if I would need quarters - and she didn't know. The only vending machine that they have is a pop machine. It had Coke, Sweet tea, an orange soda and water. No diet coke. Not that it was out - it wasn't offered. No candy/chip machine. The "free high speed internet" wasn't working. When I asked the front desk about that, she said in a very cavalier manner, "yeah, someone said it's been in and out all morning." Ummm...no. It has been non-functional since at least 9:00pm the following night, when I checked in. The computer for guest use, not only had no internet - it had a sign on it that said out of order.

The rooms themselves, like everyone else has stated - very, very dated. The decor is from 1970. The tv's are the big, old, tube televisions. The rooms are clean. They have a small microwave and refrigerator in the room. The a/c - heating unit is LOUD. I got this room cheap off hotwire - but even at $45 a night - it's not a good choice. I wish I would have paid more and stayed somewhere that had the basic amenities.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!