“Overnight Visit” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Boxford
“Overnight Visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Rooms were nice. Doors were heavy so they had to be slammed to be shut-- which made for a noisy night when other guests checked in.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Salem, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We live locally, but rented a room to go swimming and check out the band in the restaurant that evening. We couldn't see the pool until after we checked in and I knew something was wrong as soon as we drove around and no one was using it. The water was green and cloudy. When we called the front desk, they assured us it was clean, but needless to say we didn't get to swim. The room was ok and the bed was comfortable, but it did have an odor of cigarettes, even though it was supposed to be a nonsmoking room.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Gardners
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Stopped at 4 am and had to check out by 11 am after driving half the night... And of course paid full price. Asked for a later check out and only offered an extra hour. Put DO NOT DISTURB on door and maid still came knocking on door in morning! She barely spoke English and apparently couldn't read it either!

• Stayed August 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I usually don't write negative reviews, there are enough of those, but I felt he need to let travelers with pets considering this hotel to know to avoid room 106. I do not know about any of the other rooms. But that room smelled like a convention of dogs had been held there. It was awful. Everything else about the hotel was fine friendly staff, etc.

Room Tip: Avoid room 106
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Ocean City, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We stopped .8-2-14 in on our way to Nashville,and a nice surprise.We were looking for a clean room that would not break the bank and found it Going to the room you could tell the rooms were freshly painted,so much so our door was a bit stuck LOL but no problem. Bed's were confy and the sleep was quiet.Breakfast was not the best though sausage was swimming in oil and the Eggs were cold some were still frozen oh well.Had a nice little newly opened bar was nice to go in for a drink but coming from MD we were not use to allowing Smoking in bars it's been 10 years since we've had that.we usually stay at Marriot Places but the Residence in just down the street was 179 compared to this place was 79 so a win.Over all nice place

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the room reasonably priced, but there were issues. The non-smoking room smelled like smoke. The hair dryer didn't work and the hotel did nothing to resolve the issue. I reported it first morning, and the response was we're full so I can't get you another one. So 5 days of air drying long hair was a "joy". The sink drained extremely slow which meant you could not keep the water running for more than 10 seconds. After 3 nights I asked for clean sheet - my bed was not made AT ALL that day. The AC unit was so loud that I never would have slept if I hadn't had ear plugs with me. I'm giving it an average only because I got such a great deal online - other wise I'd have to rate it poor.

The staff was friendly, the hotel is pet friendly which is great. But when checking out and reviewing all the issues, they had no record I had reported anything already - so I doubt the issues will be fixed after my visit.

The continental breakfast was decent and had more than just "bready" type items. The coffee at the breakfast was colored water - so make your own in the room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Airport-Roanoke? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Airport-Roanoke

Address: 8118 Plantation Road, Roanoke, VA 24019
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Airport-Roanoke 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Airport-Roanoke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Airport-Roanoke Hotel Roanoke
Days Inn Roanoke
Roanoke Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn Airport-Roanoke, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.