“Descriptions VERY inaccurate... beware.” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn Airport-Roanoke
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   8118 Plantation Road, Roanoke, VA 24019   |
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Asheville, North Carolina
“Descriptions VERY inaccurate... beware.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

While overall this Days Inn had promising 'average' reviews, there are many things I experienced that I can wholeheartedly say will ensure I NEVER stay here again. First, I wanted to pay in cash for my room upon check in. I was informed that if I did so, I would have to pay an additional $30 cash as a deposit for doing so - versus just using my credit card on file for the reservation. I have never experienced this before. Most hotels are GLAD to have cash up front. Next, only the front of the hotel is in any way inviting aesthetically. My room was on the back side of the hotel and I have never seen more dumpsters, storage units, trash, and general filth as I saw back there - not to mention this was all around the pool that is located at the hotel as well. All rooms open from the outside - so this adds even more to the sketchiness, given the location and surroundings. Finally, the 'restaurant' advertised is actually a pool/billiards dive bar/restaurant attached to the hotel. Not as inviting as they make it sound in the description. I arrived late at night and there were still a number of people milling about in the vicinity of my room - strangely enough a few minutes later a police car rolled behind the hotel to have a look around. Very unnerving.

My room was clean overall and seemed recently painted, but there was no way I was going to even set my bags on the chair that was in the corner. It was filthy, discolored, stained and had some old crusty wax or something on it. Disgusting. The rest of the room seemed well-vacuumed and I didn't see any sign of bugs of any sort. The TV remote did not work and was missing the battery cover - and the battery had leaked, rendering the remote useless overall.

Finally, when I came to the desk and said I was ready to check out, the clerk checked me out without asking any questions, charging my card before I ever got a chance to say 'and remember I want to pay with CASH'. He had to reverse the charge and now I have to HOPE that my card gets credited back with the room charge within a week or so. Very unprofessional and sloppy attention to detail.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Goodlettsville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

terrible stay. Room was not clean, toilet did not work properly. All of the lights were unplugged. Internet did not work. Door latch did not work. Exhaust in bathroom did not work. Will NEVER stay at a Days Inn again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Airport-Roanoke? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Airport-Roanoke

Address: 8118 Plantation Road, Roanoke, VA 24019
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Airport-Roanoke 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Airport-Roanoke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Airport-Roanoke Hotel Roanoke
Days Inn Roanoke
Roanoke Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn Airport-Roanoke, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.