The stay was expected. I don't know if there's much else to say, to be honest. We went directly through the Days Inn website, and got a $70 rate for a one Saturday night stay as a stop-over on a move from MA to GA.
First, a couple things. The hotel is very close to the highway, thus rooms on the outside can possibly get very noisy, so be weary.
The hotel is set up as half hotel, half motel (I believe the motel portion is for pet owners). Just something to consider when booking a room w/ or w/o a pet. You can stay in the motel area and not face the highway though, as the hotel is in the shape of an L.
OK, now for the pros and cons:
- We had a puppy with us, and for being a pet room, our room was actually clean and smelled fresh. Quite surprising.
- The free wifi was strong, even though we had an end room.
- The free continental breakfast, while limited (cereal, mini-muffins, one type of donut, milk, juice, coffee) was welcomed.
- The hotel is right off the highway, so no worry getting lost in a new place
- Value for the price we paid was just on this side of good.
- Friendly staff. All interactions were positive, and all were kind. They all knew the area well too, as suggestions and directions were given freely and w/o hesitation.
- For a cheap hotel, the bed was relatively comfortable. I'll just say that I've had worse beds in more expensive hotels.
- The linens were clean, but old (bath towels especially). The cover on the bed, though, was very dingy. Probably only cleaned when needed.
- The room was a bit run down (cracks/holes in the wall, door needed to be pushed shut, etc). Nothing major, but noticeable.
- The bathroom could have been cleaner...not unusable dirty, but not spotless either.
- The coffee maker (circa 1995) was not cleaned.
- The stairs going up to the 2nd floor of the motel did not seem safe, at all...rickety, lopsided, creaky, loose railing, etc.
- When we checked in, gentleman at desk said he'd give us the corp. rate since we traveled so far ($5 less than what I booked). I thought it was nice, but he must have forgotten to mark it down...because I paid the original cost upon check-out. Oh well.
Staying at this hotel depends on circumstances, I guess. As an overnight stop during a road trip, it suits its purpose. As a place to stay while visiting the area...I'd probably look elsewhere. But, as I said, it could be worse.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Airport-Roanoke Hotel
- Days Inn Airport-Roanoke Hotel Roanoke
- Days Inn Roanoke
- Days Inn Airport Roanoke
- Roanoke Days Inn
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Days Inn Airport-Roanoke reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.