“Good deal for a one-night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
philadelphia, pa
“Good deal for a one-night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Stayed here with my wife and two kids as a stopover heading south. I was originally hoping to stay at Hotel Roanoke, but opted to save a few bucks and got this deal on Priceline (I knew this was the hotel I was bidding on). Got it for $80 and was well worth it. The room was very big, the bed comfortable and was very clean. Room came with a fridge and coffee/tea selection. Hotel was quiet and the grounds/pool looked very nice. We didn't have time to utilize it, but was nice to know there is a hotel in the area that actually has some green space! The bathroom was very small. Although this didn't bother us at all, it might bother other people. Staff were very nice and helpful. The area of the hotel was very unremarkable, and it was a drive into town. No big deal for us for this trip, but if this was my destination, I might opt for an in-town hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Matt R, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Mojo613,

Thank you for the nice comments of our hotel We hope you will be back soon so you can enjoy the pool and area. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

With kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

After a long night of driving from Philadelphia (to Greensboro, NC), I tried staying at Extended Stay America. I called and made a reservation there but when we showed up, no rooms were available. So I called over to the Sheraton at 1:45am and was able to book a room. When we showed up and told the front desk receptionist about our night, she gave my boyfriend and I a discount on the room. When we got up to the room to a beautiful wood floor foyer, fluffy king size bed, white subway tile bathroom, and a balcony looking over Roanoke - I cried from joy and exhaustion.
We slept wonderfully. Our room shared a wall with the elevators and normally I'm sensitive to that but I didn't hear it once. In the morning we headed downstairs for breakfast with the best customer service I have ever received at a hotel restaurant. Glenford was our server and he just couldn't do enough for us. He always kept our glasses full, he was kind with a great smile and upbeat chatter. Breakfast was better than most offered at hotels and the omelette station chef knows how to make a perfect omelette to your liking.
If I'm ever driving through Roanoke again, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kelsey M,

Thank you for your great comments about the Sheraton. I am glad our staff took great care of especially Glenford. As always, he does a great job! I hope your travels bring you back to the area as you will always have a place to stay.

With kinds regards,
NewJersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I had a reservation for Sheraton on August 1 credit card guarantee . After driving in the thunderstorms from New Jersey which took longer than expected i arrived at the hotel at 1 AM to be told that we did not have a room despite our credit card deposit on our room,. We were sent to a motel down the road. Apparently since we came later the hotel sold our room to someone else who needed a room. NOW THE SHERATON is billing our CREDIT CARD for a room that they told us was unavailable when we tried to check in. I have stayed at St Regis and other SPG hotels and never had such a poor experience as at this Sheraton, I stayed at this Sheraton in the past and was about half way on my trip to Georgia. NO MORE . AVOID THIS HOTEL . They have no customer service and obviously are double charging for the rooms as if we were a NO SHOW> AVOID THIS HOTEL

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear drmtk,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. We hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Sterling, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We had a nice large room with a lovely view overlooking a koi pond and garden. The hotel is located very close to a freeway, but was surprisingly very quiet both inside and outside the building. They have an inside and outside pool, a workout room and Starbucks coffee shop onsite, which were all pluses. The minuses included no hairdryer in the room and bedding that wouldn't stay on the bed. Calling housekeeping fixed the first problem, they brought a hair dryer up upon request, but it seemed unusual to stay in a 3.5 star hotel which didn't provide these standard in every room. The bedding was annoying. The hotel uses flat sheets vs. fitted sheets on the mattress, so it comes untucked after one roll over and then you find yourself laying on a bare hotel mattress. (Insert frowny face here). The comforter is just a feather duvet with a sheet draped over top of it, so again it ends up separating and you're left with a mess of bed sheets and uncovered hotel bedding. I don't suppose these are major deal breakers, but just seemed like an annoyance that detracted from the otherwise nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Matt R, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear m0022,

Thank you for your recent review. We apologize for the bedding situation, I assure that has been resolved. We look for to seeing again on your next trip to the Roanoke area.

modiin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Hi
I had 1 night at this hotel
Arrived very late, the parking is a bit far from hotel when you have a lot lf people so it was not a good surprise.

Room is great.
I received a room with a separate room for sleeping and a nice big living room with a sofa, reading corner and a family size dining table

Was a very good night sleep

Breakfast was ok but as all american breakfast - with no vegetables... At least they have a Starbucks corner with a good enough coffee

Hotel is located just outside of the airport so it was very good for my needs

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Matt R, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Yaki a,

We are pleased you enjoyed your recent visit with us. Thank you for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We had a very nice stay here, just one night while traveling. Made reservation from car, reservationist very helpful with our options, ended up with a very large and clean room on the 7th floor. Although the hotel was very busy with a girls softball league and teens running everywhere, we were not disturbed in the least. very attentive and friendly staff. Only main drawback was that there is only one entrance, and our room was quite a hike from the lobby. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Flafoodie1,

Thank you for your nice comments; we are glad you enjoyed your visit with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kingsport, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was the second year my church had a conference at this property. (2 year contract) The property is dirty and in need of repair. We were at this hotel for five days and the staff was good for the most part. I found a large bug in my bed after pulling the covering back and reported this to the manager on duty. She told me there were bugs every where and she even had some in her home. She did reduce my rate at check-out. The food was bland and not very good. This hotel needs help from the top to the bottom.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jcomage,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit with us. I apologize for your recent experience as we work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience. It's apparent in this case that we fell short. We do hope you return and I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

With kind regards,

Been to Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!