“Great Shuttle Service” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #6 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
“Great Shuttle Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed at this hotel 4/23 - 4/27 for a conference. Rooms were a decent side. Refrigerator and coffee/tea maker. Have to request microwave. Housekeeping did an very good job. Tried the Shula's 347 Grill in Hotel. Food was good. However, one of the ladies in my party requested a hot cup of water with lemon. Her cup was dirty and full of visible lipstick inside and outside cup. Waitress apologized, brought her a paper cup with hot water and lemon per her request. Could use more front desk help at times. Employes were courteous and professional, but at times there were people waiting 6-12 minutes just to as a question. Michael and Xavier shuttle drivers were extremely courteous, polite and professional. Attention to details brings back return guests. With some fine tuning, stay can go from good to great!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Matt R, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Dee C,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your recent visit to the Sheraton and enjoyed Shula's 347 Grill, we certainly apologize for dirty cup. I want to also thank you for the nice comments regarding Michael and Xavier, they are a wonderful part of our team. We do hope you visit with us again soon..

367 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed here on business. Complaints: Elevators are not conveniently located causing you to walk far with luggage and I never saw, was offered or asked if I needed a luggage cart. Bathrooms are very tiny and the doorways are tiny too. There is a restaurant called 367 located inside and it's extremely overpriced. Besides those minor complaints everything else is nice, clean and staff was friendly. The landscaping is nice and had an Indoor and outdoor pool. I would return if needed.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Tanya F,

Thank you for the review and for choosing the Sheraton for your accommodations. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing again if your travel plans bring you back to the area.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I was staying in Roanoke for a business meeting and ended up booking the Sheraton.

The hotel, itself, was a little difficult to find. I ended up having to loop around until I realized you have to turn down Frontage Road to get to it. Once I finally got there, the grounds were nice and the lobby was neat and clean. Check in was pretty quick and painless.

I had been traveling all day, so I decided to go with room service via Shula's. I went with the NY Strip and it was really good. I also splurged and had the key lime pie {to.die.for}.

The next morning, I called down to see if I could get late checkout and they were super accommodating and let me stay until 1:30 p.m.

Now onto the not-so-nice parts...

When I woke up the next morning, I realized there were stains on the sheets {ew}!! Then, I pulled the curtain back to hop in the shower and there was a dirty washcloth lying on the floor of the tub {double ew}. After removing the washcloth, I hopped in the shower only to realize there was only 1 towel in the room. Maybe this was my fault for not checking before, but isn't it standard to have more than 1 towel in a hotel bathroom??

Overall, I think the hotel is a good value for the price. I want to say the cleanliness issues I had were simply a fluke. I'd probably give this Sheraton another try, but I'll definitely do an inspection of the room before getting too comfortable!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear En1187,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your visit at the Sheraton. I am glad you enjoyed Shula's and the key lime pie, you must try the carrot cake next. I was however disappointed to hear of the other challenges you faced. Our staff is committed to our guest and we do hope you try us again so we can better demonstrate that commitment to service.

Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We went with 500 of our closest friends to a convention. My friends and I were on the same floor. My room was the last on the floor, it had a bad lock and the cross bar wasn't too good either. It was clean and very comfortable. We had a blast on the balconies. WE ALL ENJOYED OUR STAY.

Room Tip: Lower number rooms closer to elevators. Check pool for being too cold and hot tub the same. Needs mo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Dancer62va,

We were pleased you enjoy your stay at the Sheraton during your recent conference. We apologize for the pool being too cold, we have made the temperature adjustment. We hope you see you and your group again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Wow I was very disappointed in my stay at this hotel, the hotel was beautiful with all the class u would expect, nice lobby, beautiful grounds, shula's wow, Then it all fell apart, my room was freezing, I put it on 80 and still cold air came out, I called the desk and nobody ever showed up, the shower had no pressure at all and the balcony was all stained up with cigarette ashes and cigarette butts on the floor of balcony, then the elevators stopped working and there were several of guest called and still no body showed up so had to hike 5 floors to the room, I guess I just expected more, much more from a Starwood property, oh well off to work with the sniffles, shampoo in my hair and sore legs!!!!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Unclejadva,

I want to apologize for stay on your most recent visit. Our staff is committed to the success of this property and we are disappointed we did not meet your expectations. We have discussed this as a team and are focused on improving these areas. We do hope your next stay with us will better demonstrate our commitment to our guests.

Wtih kind regards,
McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I went here for a two day trip through part of blue ridge and Shenandoah. The day before I stayed at Aloft Winchester so it was a long day for me: close to 300 miles driving, 150 of which is kinda "local".
Sheraton Roanoke is yet another "typical" sheraton. I was assigned to a nice end room, which is pretty big. The King bed didn't make up even 1/3 of the room space.
The pool is ok with a good hottub. Bar was ok. That night there were a whole bunch of high school basketball players so the pool had been quite full. I had no special request so no complaints, etc. Nothing exceptional, either.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Herbertgzb,

Thank you for nice comments regarding your recent visit to the Blue Ridge area. We sincerely hope you return the next time you are in town so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.

South Orleans, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stopped again overnight with our dog in Roanoke, and once again enjoyed a fee-free stay at the Sheraton. Many hotels, if they even permit dogs, charge anywhere from $25-$75 extra per night for pets, but not this one!!!! Rooms for people travelling with pets are located on the first floor, adjacent to a walking area. The person checking us in even asked if we needed a dog bed!
Our room was spacious and clean, and the staff members were all friendly and efficient. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast buffet which features custom made omelettes. We'll definitely return!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Matt R, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Jane A,

We are glad you again enjoyed your stay with us and we are very proud to be a dog friendly hotel. We look forward to seeing you and your dog again soon when you return to the Roanoke area.

With kind regards,

Been to Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!