“Perfect For a Conference” 4 of 5 stars

Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2801 Hershberger Road, Roanoke, VA 24017   |
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Central Virginia
“Perfect For a Conference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

This hotel does the Sheraton brand well. I had the benefit of a king room and there was an abundance of space. The hotel is highly accessible from the interstate but set back enough to be quiet. Check in was easy. The limited staff I encountered was friendly and approachable. Overall a great stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Matt R, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear mnctriptaking,

Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent visit to the Sheraton Roanoke. We are please your stay and the conference went well. We look forward to seeing again soon.

With kind regards,

Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Clean, amenities, nice rooms, quiet, good value. Who could ask for more? Pool and fitness center. We didn't try the restaurant, but the room and service were great. Will stay here again. Even though close to the interstate, the hotel is set back from the road in a nice setting with lots of trees, so noise was not a problem. Tastefully decorated throughout.

Room Tip: We couldn't eat breakfast as our flight was before the restaurant opened :-( They don't ope...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Matt R, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear JC,

Thank for your recent comments. We are please you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again and hope you get the opportunity to try Shula's 347 Grill, you will not be disappointed.

Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Was in Virginia for a job related training and was treated with warmth and kindness . All the employees were very friendly, Especially Xavier one of the drivers. Food at Schula's the hotel restaurant was great and the room was excellent .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Marilyn,

Thank you for your nice comments regarding Shula's 347 Grill and Xavier. It was very nice to hear our staff took great care of you during your training trip. We look forward to seeing back at the Sheraton again soon.

With kind regards,
pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

The sheraton in roanoke is wonderful~the staff is exceptional~the restaurant is excellent~
I would like to see various shredded cheese available at the omelet station~also should add a waffle station~

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Matt R, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Perf,

Thank you for review and the nice comments. We are very pleased we were able to meet your expectation. We have shared your comments with our staff and we all look forward to having you visit with us again!

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel has a very nice fitness center and a Shulas 347 restaurant. It is located conveniently near most things in Roanoke and the staff is generally very helpful. I plan to return for business as appropriate. Breakfast is outstanding.

Room Tip: Ask for Tower B because it was recently renovated.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Matt R, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Mdm1414,

Thank you very much for your review! We are so pleased that we were able to meet your expectations on your trip and glad you enjoyed Shula's and our fitness center. We look forward to having you visit us again on your return to Roanoke!

Garner, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel and you won't be disappointed. It is a very large property for the area. Breakfast is as good as it gets.
With that said each time I stay here I seem to have these minor maintenance issues.
The shower diverters leak, draining pressure from the shower, but manageable. The first floor room I had on my last visit had no heat, the unit ran for hours but never got warm, I just turned it off. I didn't complain, it was warm enough for me.
I don't want to overstate these, they are minor issues, and the staff was great about them.
If would get a 5 star with a little more attention.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Waxrash,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your input and have reviewed your comments with our team as we constantly look for ways to improve our guests' experience. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

someplace
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had stayed at this Sheraton several times in the past so when I recently moved to Roanoke and needed a place to stay (with my dog) while looking for a new home I chose this hotel. I love that the 'dog rooms' have sliding door access to the grass area- super convenient!- and while a previous reviewer stated that someone should go out each day and clean up after messy dog owners, I think this would cause a pet fee so I am happy to just watch where I am walking. (Dog owners should just learn to be respectful to other dogs and owners!)

The staff at this hotel is always wonderful and they definitely go above and beyond without hesitation. When I checked in to the hotel I only planned on staying for several days but it ended up being over two weeks. The front desk staff was very accommodating each time I called down to to extend my stay (every couple of days). There is an evening housekeeper that is also amazing, though I wish I could remember her name (it may be Debbie(?))! Each time I called down for extra coffee or tea she would be sure to bring extra cups, water bottles, cup sleeves, cream, sugar...anything she thought I may need. She really made me feel at home.

I also like that there is a refrigerator in each room and that I was able to get a microwave for my entire stay (flat $15 fee).

Shula's food is good, though pricey for a vegetarian like me (5 mushroom ravioli for $22). I had room service once, but then realized that the room service prices are a bit higher than what they have on their in-house menu. After this realization I would actually just call the restaurant and order 'to-go'. Not sure that the female server/bartender liked that idea- it sort of came through in her voice that she would prefer to deliver my food to the room rather than have me walk down to pick it up (the tip would be more for in-room dining).

BUT- the room service breakfast that is done through the hotel's restaurant is great! I highly recommend the omelette and French toast!!! I just wish their restaurant did lunch and dinner as well!

If I were to need to stay in a hotel here in Roanoke again I would certainly stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Teresa,

We are please you enjoyed your visit to the Sheraton and I was glad to hear Debbie made your stay that much more pleasurable. We look forward to seeing again when you return the Roanoke area.