“Nice Full Service Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #5 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice Full Service Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel has a very nice fitness center and a Shulas 347 restaurant. It is located conveniently near most things in Roanoke and the staff is generally very helpful. I plan to return for business as appropriate. Breakfast is outstanding.

Room Tip: Ask for Tower B because it was recently renovated.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Matt R, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Mdm1414,

Thank you very much for your review! We are so pleased that we were able to meet your expectations on your trip and glad you enjoyed Shula's and our fitness center. We look forward to having you visit us again on your return to Roanoke!

369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Garner, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel and you won't be disappointed. It is a very large property for the area. Breakfast is as good as it gets.
With that said each time I stay here I seem to have these minor maintenance issues.
The shower diverters leak, draining pressure from the shower, but manageable. The first floor room I had on my last visit had no heat, the unit ran for hours but never got warm, I just turned it off. I didn't complain, it was warm enough for me.
I don't want to overstate these, they are minor issues, and the staff was great about them.
If would get a 5 star with a little more attention.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Waxrash,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your input and have reviewed your comments with our team as we constantly look for ways to improve our guests' experience. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

someplace
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had stayed at this Sheraton several times in the past so when I recently moved to Roanoke and needed a place to stay (with my dog) while looking for a new home I chose this hotel. I love that the 'dog rooms' have sliding door access to the grass area- super convenient!- and while a previous reviewer stated that someone should go out each day and clean up after messy dog owners, I think this would cause a pet fee so I am happy to just watch where I am walking. (Dog owners should just learn to be respectful to other dogs and owners!)

The staff at this hotel is always wonderful and they definitely go above and beyond without hesitation. When I checked in to the hotel I only planned on staying for several days but it ended up being over two weeks. The front desk staff was very accommodating each time I called down to to extend my stay (every couple of days). There is an evening housekeeper that is also amazing, though I wish I could remember her name (it may be Debbie(?))! Each time I called down for extra coffee or tea she would be sure to bring extra cups, water bottles, cup sleeves, cream, sugar...anything she thought I may need. She really made me feel at home.

I also like that there is a refrigerator in each room and that I was able to get a microwave for my entire stay (flat $15 fee).

Shula's food is good, though pricey for a vegetarian like me (5 mushroom ravioli for $22). I had room service once, but then realized that the room service prices are a bit higher than what they have on their in-house menu. After this realization I would actually just call the restaurant and order 'to-go'. Not sure that the female server/bartender liked that idea- it sort of came through in her voice that she would prefer to deliver my food to the room rather than have me walk down to pick it up (the tip would be more for in-room dining).

BUT- the room service breakfast that is done through the hotel's restaurant is great! I highly recommend the omelette and French toast!!! I just wish their restaurant did lunch and dinner as well!

If I were to need to stay in a hotel here in Roanoke again I would certainly stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Teresa,

We are please you enjoyed your visit to the Sheraton and I was glad to hear Debbie made your stay that much more pleasurable. We look forward to seeing again when you return the Roanoke area.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Needed a room in Roanoke for the night while visiting a friend. I found this property on another site and got it for a good price. I checked in quickly with no problems and noticed that the decor and feel of this hotel were definitely high end. Great lobby, coffee shop, indoor pool, etc. I was happy to find a very large king room which was clean and well appointed. Starbucks coffee in the rooms and even half-and-half for the coffee. There was also a Shula's restaurant in the lobby.

If you find yourself looking for a room while in Roanoke, you will not be disappointed by staying at this property.

Room Tip: There are two towers in this hotel, the "A" tower is closer to the front of the hotel and...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Matt R, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Patrick254,

Thank you for your great comments. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and had a great experience with our facility. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Fort Drum, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stopped in around midnight on our way to NY. Belinda was so friendly and helpful. The room was large and clean. The beds were very comfortable. My regret is not planning in advance so we could enjoy the pool or gym.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Matt R, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear AMDubII,

Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel and Belinda. We look forward to seeing you again and hope you be able to stay longer next time to enjoy the beautiful Roanoke area.
zurich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was our first trip with our puppy and I was nervous when trying to find a good hotel off of I-81 that was comfortable and clean and would accept our dog without an extra charge. The Sheraton Roanoke was all of these things and more! We were in the pet wing on the first floor so had a nice large room with a king bed, and a sliding glass door that led outside for easy access walking for the puppy. It was a very comfortable and clean room with a mini fridge and coffee/tea maker (with Starbucks and Tazo tea!!)
The negatives were the sounds from the hallway and outside. There is a parking area right out back from the rooms which is very convenient for getting your bags/dog in and out of your room but you hear the cars and people going to their cars, slamming car doors, etc. Since the wing is pet friendly there are tons of dogs and you do hear the occasional "woof". Outside of the sliding doors is a grassy area before the parking lot which is great for the dogs. However, it is not lit very well and unfortunately, many owners don't clean up after their dogs so it is literally like a mine field out there! It would be nice if the hotel staff cleaned up daily and added some extra lights in the back area.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear zh913,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent visit with us. We appreciate your input and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We reviewed your comments as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' overall experience. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Good location, very new and clean. Rooms were very large and comfortable. The Starbucks, Gym and Pool are nice added additions. Very nice for the price! Will come back when needed! Parking was very easy as well!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear tarabunny89,

Thank you for your review and nice comments about our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Sheraton. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to our beautiful area.

Been to Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!