“Two-week Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
someplace
“Two-week Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had stayed at this Sheraton several times in the past so when I recently moved to Roanoke and needed a place to stay (with my dog) while looking for a new home I chose this hotel. I love that the 'dog rooms' have sliding door access to the grass area- super convenient!- and while a previous reviewer stated that someone should go out each day and clean up after messy dog owners, I think this would cause a pet fee so I am happy to just watch where I am walking. (Dog owners should just learn to be respectful to other dogs and owners!)

The staff at this hotel is always wonderful and they definitely go above and beyond without hesitation. When I checked in to the hotel I only planned on staying for several days but it ended up being over two weeks. The front desk staff was very accommodating each time I called down to to extend my stay (every couple of days). There is an evening housekeeper that is also amazing, though I wish I could remember her name (it may be Debbie(?))! Each time I called down for extra coffee or tea she would be sure to bring extra cups, water bottles, cup sleeves, cream, sugar...anything she thought I may need. She really made me feel at home.

I also like that there is a refrigerator in each room and that I was able to get a microwave for my entire stay (flat $15 fee).

Shula's food is good, though pricey for a vegetarian like me (5 mushroom ravioli for $22). I had room service once, but then realized that the room service prices are a bit higher than what they have on their in-house menu. After this realization I would actually just call the restaurant and order 'to-go'. Not sure that the female server/bartender liked that idea- it sort of came through in her voice that she would prefer to deliver my food to the room rather than have me walk down to pick it up (the tip would be more for in-room dining).

BUT- the room service breakfast that is done through the hotel's restaurant is great! I highly recommend the omelette and French toast!!! I just wish their restaurant did lunch and dinner as well!

If I were to need to stay in a hotel here in Roanoke again I would certainly stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Matt R, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Teresa,

We are please you enjoyed your visit to the Sheraton and I was glad to hear Debbie made your stay that much more pleasurable. We look forward to seeing again when you return the Roanoke area.

Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Needed a room in Roanoke for the night while visiting a friend. I found this property on another site and got it for a good price. I checked in quickly with no problems and noticed that the decor and feel of this hotel were definitely high end. Great lobby, coffee shop, indoor pool, etc. I was happy to find a very large king room which was clean and well appointed. Starbucks coffee in the rooms and even half-and-half for the coffee. There was also a Shula's restaurant in the lobby.

If you find yourself looking for a room while in Roanoke, you will not be disappointed by staying at this property.

Room Tip: There are two towers in this hotel, the "A" tower is closer to the front of the hotel and...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Matt R, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Patrick254,

Thank you for your great comments. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and had a great experience with our facility. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Fort Drum, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stopped in around midnight on our way to NY. Belinda was so friendly and helpful. The room was large and clean. The beds were very comfortable. My regret is not planning in advance so we could enjoy the pool or gym.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Matt R, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear AMDubII,

Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel and Belinda. We look forward to seeing you again and hope you be able to stay longer next time to enjoy the beautiful Roanoke area.
zurich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This was our first trip with our puppy and I was nervous when trying to find a good hotel off of I-81 that was comfortable and clean and would accept our dog without an extra charge. The Sheraton Roanoke was all of these things and more! We were in the pet wing on the first floor so had a nice large room with a king bed, and a sliding glass door that led outside for easy access walking for the puppy. It was a very comfortable and clean room with a mini fridge and coffee/tea maker (with Starbucks and Tazo tea!!)
The negatives were the sounds from the hallway and outside. There is a parking area right out back from the rooms which is very convenient for getting your bags/dog in and out of your room but you hear the cars and people going to their cars, slamming car doors, etc. Since the wing is pet friendly there are tons of dogs and you do hear the occasional "woof". Outside of the sliding doors is a grassy area before the parking lot which is great for the dogs. However, it is not lit very well and unfortunately, many owners don't clean up after their dogs so it is literally like a mine field out there! It would be nice if the hotel staff cleaned up daily and added some extra lights in the back area.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear zh913,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent visit with us. We appreciate your input and are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We reviewed your comments as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' overall experience. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Good location, very new and clean. Rooms were very large and comfortable. The Starbucks, Gym and Pool are nice added additions. Very nice for the price! Will come back when needed! Parking was very easy as well!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear tarabunny89,

Thank you for your review and nice comments about our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Sheraton. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to our beautiful area.
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Overall, our stay was fine. The whole reason we picked this hotel was because they allow pets, with no fee. The only downside to this is that if you have a pet, you have to stay on the first floor. There was a sliding glass door to go outside from the room, which was convenient, though it was kind of old, stuck, and didn't work very well.

The room was clean and comfortable. The shower needed to be repaired, the drain was slow, and the faucet needs a new washer -- less than half of the water actually makes it through the shower head. I suppose I could have complained, but I didn't.

The staff was very friendly. When we asked if there was a microwave that we could use, they actually brought one to our room within about 10 minutes.

I might stay here again, but would see what other dog-friendly options existed first.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Matt R, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We sincerely hope you return the next time you are in town so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Nice find. Beautiful large room on 1st floor. Has a slider out to the yard making easy access for letting the hound out. Great price and starbucks onsite and in the room. Has a Shulas restaurant attached. They have dog beds and bones if you need then. All in all awesome!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Susnbice,

Thank you very much for your review! We are so pleased that we were able to meet your expectations on your trip and glad you enjoyed Shula's. We look forward to having you visit us again!

Regards,

Been to Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!