“Great fitness room and better than average hotel restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Nashville, TN
“Great fitness room and better than average hotel restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Ok, it's a standard business class hotel, not good, not bad, generally pretty comfortable (I've stayed there quite a few times), but they have a much better fitness room than most hotels I've stayed at, with free weights, about 5-8 weight machines, and about that many cardio machines (treadmills, might also be a cycle or elliptical). They also have a Shula's steakhouse, which is pretty good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I always choose this property when I stay in Roanoke. The staff is always professional and happy to help in any way. I was particularly impressed with the rooms quality and cleanliness. Its always a great experience to stay here and I cant recommend this property enough.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Matt R, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Steve, thank you for your review and nice comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again on our next visit to Roanoke.
Coral Gables, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed on Halloween for 1 night and had requested 2 rooms on the same floor since we were traveling with family, and if possible, rooms with a view since we were traveling from Fl. We got 2 rooms, one on floor 2, the other floor 4, both in section A, but neither with a view. We overlooked it. The room was clean and had everything we needed. The beds were very comfortable. What was awful was the doors SLAMMING closed all night long from people going in and out constantly of their rooms. These doors are the heavy doors with the very loud latch, so when they close, you instantly are awakened. Needless to say, neither my husband nor I got a bit of sleep.He also heard when people put their key cards in the doors too, which is ongoing of course. When we went to shower in the morning, the shower head was broken and sprayed water all over the bathroom and soaked our belongings. Also, the sink wouldn't even drain while we brushed our teeth. I did mention all of these concerns/issues to the front desk, so no one else would be booked into our room until the bathroom issues were resolved. Unfortunately, the loud doors are just that-loud and I don't think one can resolve that. We would not stay again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear pagetravelers, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your honest input and will review your comments as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We hope you will try us again so we can better demonstrate our commitment to our guests.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was traveling by car on a business trip between WV and VA and chose to stay at this hotel, as its location provided a convenient rest stop for the weekend.

I had an outstanding guest service experience upon checking in. Having just driven for four hours, I was exhausted and ready for a quick late night dinner. I was greeted at the front desk by Lori who welcomed me with a smile, placed me in a room on a higher floor, and provided me with a printout of local restaurants and attractions. Lori went above and beyond to ensure that my weekend was restful and filled with a couple fun adventures. She should be commended for her exceptional service and attention to detail.

I can honestly say that her service made my stay a pleasant experience. I look forward to returning to this hotel again next fall.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Was here for a stop over this Summer. In town same time as a softball tournament, was worried that it would get loud, but great insulation between rooms and hall, noise was not an issue. We travel with our pet, our room was great with sliding glass doors leading to an outdoor courtyard. Huge room! Free parking, internet, and pets. Pool area was very nice and clean. Room was spendy, but I am sure that is to take advantage of the softball tournament in town. Staff at front desk was changing staff, so not as efficient as it could have been. Staff for breakfast was super.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed there for one night only, and did not regret the choice. As SPG Platinum, we had upgraded to a suite, and got a suite which deserves the name. The only minor drawback: No safe in the room. Reception staff was friendly and fast, so was staff at breakfast the next morning. About the location: Just off the highway, very easy to reach, but not in downtown Roanoke. Plenty of free parking. Overall, a very pleasant stay. Recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Front Desk: An overweight, bleached blond matron was rude and too busy with her computer. never even looked up to greet and won't bother to check to see if rooms was available, I was only 20 minutes earlier than the posted check in time. Parking: Tower B has ok access, but have to walk pass dog pooping area. Tower A is hard to get to, main parking lot is always full and no direct access. Rooms: average, nothing to write home about. Kudos for the frig in the room though for non-suite hotels. Cleanliness: Average. did find a dirty underwear under the chair when I moved it to plug something in. Noise: Tower A is the NOISIEST hotel I ever stayed in. Hotels in NYC are quieter in terms of noise level. The way rooms are set up, the beds are right by the front door, and all the doors pretty much face each other, as it is not the long corridor design like most hotels. Every door closing is amplified, and every person talking in the hall way is clearly audible in your room. Hallway conversations are so clear, you can practically join their conversation. Tower B has traditional long corridor design, so as long as your immediate neighbors are not noisy, the noise level is similar to other hotels.
Overall, this not a 3 or 3.5 stars hotel despite their claim. Other than giving you 4 pillows per bed and a frige, their front desk service, parking, and noise level is every bit a Days Inn level hotel. Unless you get a great bargain, you can do much better. See my Cambria Suites review.

Room Tip: Tower A is extremely noisy, stay away. Tower B side parking by Dog area had problem with bird crap...