“One Nights Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Richmond, Virginia
“One Nights Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for one night for a regional workshop. The bed was comfy and the room was very nice.
I did have to kill a silverfish that was on the ceiling which grossed me out (Pretty much any bug grosses me out). Luckily I saw it the morning I was checking out. Otherwise I would not have slept well that night!
All in all the stay was good. I would stay here again should I need to!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for posting your thoughts on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the insect in your room. That is certainly not a situation we typically encounter! I am glad that the balance of your stay met your expectations and we hope to see you back with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
New Market, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Service was always 100% friendly and gracious. Room was wonderfully comfortable. Bed, pillows & sheets were top notch. A little higher than what I'd usually like to spend ($139), but again excellent room. (And lobby, and employees, and breakfast, etc.) Would stay again without hesitation, would recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thanks for a great review and for taking the time to post it to TripAdvisor! We loook forward to your return.
Knoxville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This establishment is a hidden gem. The hotel is accessed via a frontage road. There is limited signage. The lobby and restaurants are great. The breakfast buffet was priced fairly and was good. The staff was excellent. The room was very nicely decorated and the balcony was a nice touch. The bathroom had a little mildew and could use a good bleaching.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review to TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. Your comment regarding the bathroom caulking was appreciated and will be addressed immediately. I apologize that you had to bring this to our attention. It's my hope that when your travels return you to Roanoke you again will select our hotel!
Potomac, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The room was great, the pool is wonderfully warm, the service was very friendly and attentive, but: (1) no crib available when we checked in. This has never happened to us before in our many stays in many different hotels with 3 different babies/toddlers. The women at the front desk told us she'd send one up, and we had to follow up to find out there weren't any two hours later. She was apologetic but not helpful. We asked to speak to the manager, whose name I can't remember (he gave me his card with his id as restaurant manager of the Shula's but I seem to have lost it), and he was great, he offered to go to the store and buy one for us! I declined because I had to pick up some diapers anyway, so I bought a pack n' play and sheets and he reimbursed us. Great customer service.
(2) We are gold members, which for some reason didn't show up on our reservation. The desk clerk was very nice and gave us lounge access anyway, but we were staying in a different tower. We trudged to the other tower on Monday morning, only to find there was no breakfast there. We called down and found out that there wouldn't be breakfast that day, we would get coupons for the restaurant instead. The restaurant breakfast is much better than the club's (and not a bad deal if you have to pay for it), but it would have been nice if they had left us a voicemail or note telling us about the switch for the day.

So, a couple of glitches, the hotel staff went above and beyond to resolve them, but the glitches themselves mean four stars instead of five.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay on TripAdvisor. I want to offer my sincere apologies for the inconveneinces we caused you, first with the crib and then breakfast. I was happy to see that we recovered in both instances, but you were inconvenienced nevertheless and for that I am sorry. it is my hope that when your travels return you to Roanoke, we will have the opportunity to redeem ourselves.
Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were not at the hotel long, as we were traveling through Roanoke at night on way to Nashville (there to sleep). We had our dog with us, and found this hotel (and employees) to be very welcoming. There was plenty of grass around the hotel to walk our dog. The ladies checking us in were so kind! The room was good size, and everything in the room was of good quality / condition. The bed was very comfortable as well. Although we did not have a chance to try the onsite dining (Shula's), it did look appealing. I would absolutely recommend this hotel, and would stay again if traveling through Roanoke.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to post a review! I'm happy that you had a great stay and we look forward to your return and seeing you in Shula's for dinner!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

free internet access is provided, which is a necessity for me.
The hotel looks clean and nice, it's conveniently located next to the interstate, although it's a bit hard to find the entrance, which is a small road without obvious sign.
There's a big pool inside and gym. The receptionist is very welcoming and friendly. Sleep is comfortable, for the price paid I'd say I'd definitely visit it again next time I pass by.

Room Tip: Have no tip to share, it's a totally pleasant experience staying at this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your very kind comments! We look forward to seeing you again in your travels.
Huntington, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I are currently staying here for business travel. We've stayed in a wide variety of hotels from five star resorts to motels. With that said, the hotel is what you should expect for the price. The hotel looks maintained, our room is very bright and roomy with clean everything. If I had to complain, the heat/air is louder than I would have expected...the cure? leave it on "low fan" and that way it stays on and blocks out hallway noise too. Problem solved. Really enjoyed opening the glass sliding doors and enjoying some fresh air on the balcony while working from the room. It appears to be your typical Sheraton, love the bedding, would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for a great review and for the time you spent in posting it on TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you both again.

Been to Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!