“Wonderful Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Baltimore, Maryland
“Wonderful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Nice hotel for one night stay for local college football game. Nice indoor pool and good accomodations.

However, best part of this hotel is the staff, Linda B. and Thomas W. are wonderful front desk staff. I checked in with Linda, who was helpful with an upgrade and other amenities. She had a great smile, and when I cehecked out with her and Thomas, I again was greeted with a big hello.

The staffer in the club was wonderful with the complimentary breakfast and we left a nice tip. My kudos to all of the staff at this hotel, it is an excellent SPG property and my family and I enjoyed ourselves. It is also nice to be so close to I-81 and the Roanoke airport

Room Tip: Right off I-81 and near Roanoke airport.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bob D, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thanks for a great review. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our staff members - thanks for calling them out by name! They appreciate the recognition and I appreciate the time you took to give it to them. We look forward to your return.

323 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My granddaughter just started Roanoke College and we plan to visit as much as we can. We have two 3lb. dogs and was worried about how they would do. They fell in love with it as much as we did. The staff could not have been nicer, and Linda at the front desk was trying to do so many things at one time and take care of me that I wanted to help her. She deserves a pay increase. The hotel sign is very low to the ground and hard to find even with my GPS. But after calling we found it. The one problem we had was I have had 5 failed back surgeries and am a smoker and no way I could get the sliding door to open by myself, so had to always wait for my roommate to open it for me. Also no chairs outside which I would have loved. But everything else was great and the bed so comfortable I had to best sleep I have had in yrs. Plan to stay again, but hoping for a door that I can open and will know to take a sm. beach chair for outside the door.

Room Tip: if traveling with dogs you will have a room on the first floor and it is very helpful. We had a king...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thanks for a great review and for your time in posting it to TripAdvisor. While I was happy to hear the positive comments I was distressed to hear of the slider door issue. We will find that door and correct the problem. That is not an issue we typically hear and I apologize for the inconvenience it caused you. Thanks for giving kudos to the staff and be assured that I will pass your appreciation on to them. We look forward to seeing you back with us.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

our first attempt to check in at 3:00 resulted in being told they . Didn't have the apappropriate room ready and to check again in 30 minutes. I have been standing in line now (30 minute later), for 30 minutes...and am not near the front of the line. The woman who just checked in said she waited in line one hour. The lobby feels like its over eighty degrees. It is miserable, and they are completely under-equipped for their booking. Very disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience we caused you. Frankly, while we were expecting a very large arrival, we were not expecting as many to arrive as early as they did. We certainly did not look good and for that I am truely sorry. I can only hope that you will give us the chance to redeem ourselves in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

The Roanoke Sheraton Hotel is in a class by itself.The housekeeping staff is absolutely fantastic. Their poise and attitude went a long way in making ne feel like a valued guest. They smiled...they said good morning...absolutely fantastic. I had the adorable pleasure of meeting the Housekeeping Manager Wanda Dillon who is a fabulous lady. Her staff is a true reflection of her. She depicts the true meaning of awesome. Kudos to the Hotel especially the Housekeeping Staff...way to go Sheraton!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
I appreciate your terrific review and for pointing out the efforts of our Housekeeping team. They work extremely hard so it is great when they are recognized for their efforts! They appreciate your comments, as do I. We look forward to your return.
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

This location is just 3 miles off I81 so if you're traveling with your dog..great place!

They put all dog guests on first floor with a walkout to grass right from your room! Nice big, clean rooms. Good food (to go so you can stay in room with your dog!) from restaurant.

I guess GPS gets a little confused getting here but you'll see it from hwy 581 on the right and can see what to do to get there. Surrounding area is a little creepy, don't venture too far for groceries. .we found nothing but a sketchy depressed area! Ask hotel for closest essential stores before driving around on your own.

Will definitely stay again, with or without our dog. Great Starwood property!

• Stayed September 2013
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for a great review and for taking the time to post it to TripAdvisor. I am very happy that you had a pleasant stay. I wish we had had the opportunity to give you directions to local retail as we have a very nice mall just 1.6 miles away. Something to visit next time! We look forward to your return.
Newark, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had a nice clean room which included 2 pools and a gym. Staff was friendly and very helpful. The price of the room was very fair.Parking was good and restaurant was adequate.We enjoyed our stay Roanoke. This is 3rd time we stayed at this hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Myself and my staff greatly appreciate your time in writing such a favorable review, and more so due to the fact that ths was your third stay with us!! We look forward to your return!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed extra night. Room service for dinner was fair. French fries where cold. I ordered water which I never received. House keeping did not come til one the following day. Made bed empty garbage and replaced towels. Did not replace dirty cups, replenish coffee cups and only cleaned toilet in bathroom. Floors not vacuumed as well. Tables beside beds not wiped down. Front desk was very helpful. Valet parking prompt with delivery of car.

• Stayed September 2013
I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. Having said that I am a bit confused as to your final comment, as we do not offer valet parking. Again, I offer my sincere apologies and hope that when your travels return you to the Roanoke valley you will give us the chance to redeem ourselves.

Been to Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!