“Really great dog friendly hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Atlanta, GA
“Really great dog friendly hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

This location is just 3 miles off I81 so if you're traveling with your dog..great place!

They put all dog guests on first floor with a walkout to grass right from your room! Nice big, clean rooms. Good food (to go so you can stay in room with your dog!) from restaurant.

I guess GPS gets a little confused getting here but you'll see it from hwy 581 on the right and can see what to do to get there. Surrounding area is a little creepy, don't venture too far for groceries. .we found nothing but a sketchy depressed area! Ask hotel for closest essential stores before driving around on your own.

Will definitely stay again, with or without our dog. Great Starwood property!

• Stayed September 2013
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for a great review and for taking the time to post it to TripAdvisor. I am very happy that you had a pleasant stay. I wish we had had the opportunity to give you directions to local retail as we have a very nice mall just 1.6 miles away. Something to visit next time! We look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Newark, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had a nice clean room which included 2 pools and a gym. Staff was friendly and very helpful. The price of the room was very fair.Parking was good and restaurant was adequate.We enjoyed our stay Roanoke. This is 3rd time we stayed at this hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Myself and my staff greatly appreciate your time in writing such a favorable review, and more so due to the fact that ths was your third stay with us!! We look forward to your return!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed extra night. Room service for dinner was fair. French fries where cold. I ordered water which I never received. House keeping did not come til one the following day. Made bed empty garbage and replaced towels. Did not replace dirty cups, replenish coffee cups and only cleaned toilet in bathroom. Floors not vacuumed as well. Tables beside beds not wiped down. Front desk was very helpful. Valet parking prompt with delivery of car.

• Stayed September 2013
I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. Having said that I am a bit confused as to your final comment, as we do not offer valet parking. Again, I offer my sincere apologies and hope that when your travels return you to the Roanoke valley you will give us the chance to redeem ourselves.
ann arbor, mi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

The outside of this old hotel was not encouraging, but once inside, the updates showed very well. Our room had been updated and looked great except the carpet was so very filthy with dirt and huge stains, we had to ask for another room. The evening hotel supervisor (Angelica?) was over the top in customer service to help us. She was warm and so very professional. The next morning upon stepping out of the shower the hotel lost power when a transformer near by exploded. It was going to be a very long time before power came back on. Thank God we travel with flash lights! We were on the 8th floor and had to carry everything down 8 fliights of stairs. We were staying positive - but it was a huge job. Here is where this hotel has trouble: EMERGENCY LIGHTING DID NOT WORK!!! I know this impacted the many elderly that were staying there. BUT if this had been a fire in the middle of the night - people would have died trying to find their way out. This is not the staff"s problem, this is a corporate issue. This hotel needs to be brought up to code.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences your family suffered due to the area power outage last Saturday morning. I can assure you that we do have an emergency generator that powers emergency lighting, elevator service, and other critical areas. You are correct that, in this instance, this did not work properly. Without getting too technical, the way in which the power grid went down caused an arc in the power lines that disabled the starter on our emergency generator. I can assure you that we regularly test this generator and that this particular situation has not occured previously. I will also add that the nature of this event has caused our local power utility to have to replace the power lines that feed our hotel, as all were damaged in this event. This work is being completed as we speak. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience that this unforeseen event caused you and your family.
Salisbury, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel itself was a bit tricky to get too, my GPS couldn't fine the address. The inside of the hotel is beautiful. The decor is very modern and up to date. The star bucks coffee for the coffee machine was a nice touch, tea bags are an option as well. It was a rainy day so I was glad there was an indoor pool. The beds are VERY comfy, down comforters and pillows, I slept great. There is a restaurant at the hotel with room service but it looked to be a little pricy. The blue ridge parkway is very close to Roanoke, I suggest driving towards NC and stopping at Mabry Mill, it was beautiful!

Room Tip: We never did see a grocery store near by, but there is a dollar tree close by if you need a toiletry...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your very kind comments and for taking the time to post them on TripAdvisor! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I also agree with your sentiments regarding our nearby Blue Ridge Parkway, there are few ways to get somewhere that are as pretty that!
Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I have been trapped now on the seventh floor of an eight for hotel for over an hour. There is no power, apparently the fuse or transformer out on the highway blue and left us in the dark. We found out, the hard way but this place has safety features of a third world hotel. First the backup generator will not work if power is lost out at the road?? Or so I was told. Not even emergency lights in the stairwells. The fire doors for
each floor are open so that sunlight can come in to the stairwells from windows in the hall. Of course, this is against firecode.

• Stayed September 2013
I certainly want to apologize for the inconvenience that you suffered due to the recent power outage. Unfortunately the local utility had 3 nearby fuses/transformers go down which caused the local area to lose power for about an hour. We are still investigating the reason, however the way this occured caused our emergency generator to fail to start. This, in turn, caused the lack of lighting in the stairwells. I want to assure you that we take this situation very seriously and have had our electrical and mechanical contractors on site since the outage to determine the cause of the generator issue. I also want to assure you that the fire doors to the stairwells are not typically open, but were so during the outage to provide light in the stairwells. Again I apologize for the inconvenience that this situation caused you.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here with a group during a softball tournament. There were several groups staying, but you didn't always notice since the hotel is so large. Staff was friendly, but when making/checking on reservations I believe I was always transferred to their national reservations center. Therefore, my reservation was not accurate despite my constant repeating of requests (adjoining rooms, rooms on same floor...I reserved 3).

They have a huge fitness center with at least 3 types of cardio machines, free weights, weight machines, floor mat and fitness balls. Very impressive! There is an indoor pool and indoor hot tub and an outdoor pool.

There is a breakfast/brunch restaurant, plus a market open in the mornings with coffee and light items. There is a full service restaurant also, pricey. The store is very well stocked to include the forgotten men's dress shirt and tie, and panty hose for women.

Room Tip: Compare price between club level and regular tower rooms. With club level you get access to the club...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete such a thorough review! It is my hope that my staff was able to work through the reservations issues you encountered, as other than that you seem to have had a great stay with us. We look forward to your return if and when the team returns to Roanoke!