“Very beautiful rooms!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Salisbury, NC
“Very beautiful rooms!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel itself was a bit tricky to get too, my GPS couldn't fine the address. The inside of the hotel is beautiful. The decor is very modern and up to date. The star bucks coffee for the coffee machine was a nice touch, tea bags are an option as well. It was a rainy day so I was glad there was an indoor pool. The beds are VERY comfy, down comforters and pillows, I slept great. There is a restaurant at the hotel with room service but it looked to be a little pricy. The blue ridge parkway is very close to Roanoke, I suggest driving towards NC and stopping at Mabry Mill, it was beautiful!

Room Tip: We never did see a grocery store near by, but there is a dollar tree close by if you need a toiletry...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your very kind comments and for taking the time to post them on TripAdvisor! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I also agree with your sentiments regarding our nearby Blue Ridge Parkway, there are few ways to get somewhere that are as pretty that!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I have been trapped now on the seventh floor of an eight for hotel for over an hour. There is no power, apparently the fuse or transformer out on the highway blue and left us in the dark. We found out, the hard way but this place has safety features of a third world hotel. First the backup generator will not work if power is lost out at the road?? Or so I was told. Not even emergency lights in the stairwells. The fire doors for
each floor are open so that sunlight can come in to the stairwells from windows in the hall. Of course, this is against firecode.

• Stayed September 2013
I certainly want to apologize for the inconvenience that you suffered due to the recent power outage. Unfortunately the local utility had 3 nearby fuses/transformers go down which caused the local area to lose power for about an hour. We are still investigating the reason, however the way this occured caused our emergency generator to fail to start. This, in turn, caused the lack of lighting in the stairwells. I want to assure you that we take this situation very seriously and have had our electrical and mechanical contractors on site since the outage to determine the cause of the generator issue. I also want to assure you that the fire doors to the stairwells are not typically open, but were so during the outage to provide light in the stairwells. Again I apologize for the inconvenience that this situation caused you.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here with a group during a softball tournament. There were several groups staying, but you didn't always notice since the hotel is so large. Staff was friendly, but when making/checking on reservations I believe I was always transferred to their national reservations center. Therefore, my reservation was not accurate despite my constant repeating of requests (adjoining rooms, rooms on same floor...I reserved 3).

They have a huge fitness center with at least 3 types of cardio machines, free weights, weight machines, floor mat and fitness balls. Very impressive! There is an indoor pool and indoor hot tub and an outdoor pool.

There is a breakfast/brunch restaurant, plus a market open in the mornings with coffee and light items. There is a full service restaurant also, pricey. The store is very well stocked to include the forgotten men's dress shirt and tie, and panty hose for women.

Room Tip: Compare price between club level and regular tower rooms. With club level you get access to the club...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete such a thorough review! It is my hope that my staff was able to work through the reservations issues you encountered, as other than that you seem to have had a great stay with us. We look forward to your return if and when the team returns to Roanoke!
Ashland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a tired old hotel, with tired, surly employees. Oh, yes, it looks pretty in the front of the house, but beware when you go looking around in the stairwells. This place would have a serious problem if a fire broke out. The rooms are spacious and decorated nicely, with a very comfortable bed. The lobby areas are poorly marked. Where are the bathrooms? No signs to be found. There is a very nice computer oasis in the lobby, but, alas, the printer didn't work. Don't worry, feel free to stand at the front desk and conduct your business, and answer questions for guests who are frustrated by the lack of congeniality by the front desk employees.

Room Tip: Choose another property.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Please accept my humble apologies for the both the lack of service and inconvenience you encountered during your recent stay with us. There is no excuse for a lack of hospitality and I assure you that I have addressed your comments with my Front Desk team. I have also investigated the printer issue and found that it was an issue with one of the computer terminals which is now being addressed. Again, I apologize and hope that when your travels return you to Roanoke we will have the opportunity to redeem ourselves.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel. It is very clean, the staff is friendly, very nice decor and great on-site Shula's 347 restaurant. There is a really nice mall and shopping center. Beautiful rooms and this is a Pet Friendly hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
I appreciate the very kind comments you have made about our hotel and hope that when your travels return you to the Blue Ridge you willn choose to stay with us again!
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton twice coming and going from our vacation in NC. We were pleased to find the Sheraton was pet friendly. Our room was in good shape and had recently been updated. The staff were friendly and considerate. The only thing I rate down for the hotel was the grounds and landscaping. Since I had to walk my dog, I saw a lot of the grounds, which in their peak,must have been a beautiful piece of property. But now I found it to be in need of TLC. Some areas are dark at night. The landscaping needed attention in the courtyard and surrounding area. I hope they put some time into updating this piece as well.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, try for the 1st floor, near an exit door.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the great feedback. Funny you should mention landscaping, as we will be making some major changes in that area in late September and early October. There were a number of beds that we allowed to go dormant in preparation of this. I am assuming that these are the areas you are referring to. You are correct in saying that the landscaping could be better than it already is and next Spring we will be better than ever! Thanks again and we hope to see you back.
Central Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed one night between visiting Appomattox Court house and Natural bridge. Good location for visiting these two places. Large comfy king size bed, clean room, pretty view of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for a wonderful review and for taking the time to post it on TripAdvisor! We hope to see you back with us soon.

Been to Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!