“Don't do it!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Hermitage, Pennsylvania
“Don't do it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had booked a room through Booking.com for my brother and his wife as they were traveling.
When they arrived to the hotel they were told that there was no room reservation. I called and spoke to booking.com and they assured me that there was a reservation. I again called the hotel and spoke to Belinda who informed me that there was not a reservation however "she had a large amount of faxes coming over so she was very busy." Once again I called Booking.com to get this taken care of as I am several hours away from the hotel and my brother. I called the hotel and the rude front desk attendant informed that they had received the fax. This took 2 hours over the phone to clear up. My bank statement then arrives and I see that I was charged 1.00, 23.08, 109.00, and 123.17. I have been back a forth with the hotel manager who said that he would check and fix it and call me back which he hasn't. I have called booking.com and consistently get a different representative who has me start the process all over. I have after 6 weeks had the $1.00 and $23.08 removed from my account. I travel frequently and would not recommend using either of the listed facilities. Moral is Buyer beware cause if it is a good deal probably hidden costs and problems associated with it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I apologize for the issues you encountered both with Booking.com as well as with our hotel. I can assure you that these situations are very typically not the case and can only hope that you will give us the chance to redeem ourselves.

386 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I thought twice before booking this hotel from some of the Trip Advisor reviews (which I ALWAYS read) but the price hooked me. I wasn't disappointed! This hotel has had a complete renovation. The lobby is beautiful with several nice seating areas, not just one big one. They also have several computers available. There are two pools and a hot tub. One pool is indoors, one is outside. Wish I had brought my suit! My room had been redone and was beautiful. Top of the line furnishings down to the bathroom facuets. There is a nice desk, a frig, a huge TV and a chair and lamp for reading. The service was wonderful. Don't miss Shula's 347 - the resturant that is on site. Pricey but worth it - excellant dining and service. Linens on bed were wonderful! I will definetly stay here again!

Room Tip: If you have a lot of stuff get a bellman or luggage cart - it's a long walk from the front desk...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
I want to thank you for your very kind comments and, even more so, for taking the time to post them to Trip Advisor! We look forward to seeing you again when your travels return you to Roanoke.
DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I don't know why this large hotel and conference center was built in Roanoke but it is gorgeous and clean. The SPG site offers great rates if there isn't an event going on.

Rooms have fridges and are large but the bathroom is really small; the door barely cleared the toilet.

Our rate included breakfast, which was an extensive buffet with an omelette station, served on the first floor of the hotel (not in Shula's 247, which is also a great restaurant).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
I want to thank you for the positive feedback on both our hotel and restaurant (Shulas 347). I also thank for for taking time out your busy day to do so! We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to the Blue Ridge region!
salzburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Good hotel in a nice location; staff very helpful trying hard to help (we wanted a room with balkony).
Rooms - as expected - nicely decorated, tastful furniture and great beds. Overall well built, well furnished and well run hotel.
More as a footnote: Hotel entrance has not been clean (carpet full of leaves, etc.) which could give you an initial - wrong - impression.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
My apologies for the leaves at the entrance when you arrived. We've had a number a heavy storms pass through here in the past 3 weeks and you must have caught us between clean ups! I want to thank you for not only your positive comments but also for the time you took out of your busy day to post them to Trip Advisor. We hope to see you again when you return to Roanoke.
Roanoke, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The hotel was nice. Not a fan of their remodel color schemes, but clean and newer. Liked the number of outdoor areas we found to hide away from the large groups there for reunions and weddings. Having the restaurant and coffee shop inside were handy. The mall is close by. We noticed a lot of dogs staying there, so they must be dog friendly. No sign of them based on barking or smells, so they were no problem.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding our hotel to Trip Advisor. It sounds as though you had a relaxing time with us and that is what we strive to hear! Yes, we accomodate "man's best frineds" and they are some of our favorite guests!! Thanks again..
Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed at the hotel the weekend of May 10-12. I was graduating from Liberty University and the Sheraton was the closest we could get to Lynchburg. My wife and son, wife's parents and my parents made the trip. What a great stay. With all of the craziness going on w/ graduation it was nice to come back to a very comfortable and good sized room. The room was great and very clean. The beds were comfy and such a reward after being gone all day an hour away in Lynchburg. Staff was welcoming and nice. We had an issue w/ spilt drink on a bed and the staff came and gave new bed linens no problem. My 6 yr old had accidentally knocked over a drink. The lobby was great, indoor pool was really awesome for my 6 yr old b/c it rained 2 of the days. He had a blast in it. Shula's restaurant which is in the hotel got high marks form my family.
Overall we had a great stay and were very appreciative of everything the hotel offered b/c of our hectic weekend. I will recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the area.

Room Tip: There isn't a continental breakfast and you have to pay, but what is offered got the family appr...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts regarding our hotel on Trip Advisor. It sounds as though we were a welcome oasis on a busy weekend! Glad to hear it and although graduation is over we hope you have the opportunity to re-visit the Blue Ridge region and stay with us in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was very happy with my short stay at this hotel, where my 14 yr old dog was treated like the princess she was. After check in Mr. Xavier Lafayette Fox took us to our room with the old dog getting a ride in on the luggage cart. The first floor rooms are dog friendly, perfectly clean and have a sliding glass door that opens to a dog walk area. They had a dog bed and food and water bowls in the room when we got there. The room was very comfortable and well appointed. We will make a point to stay here on our trips through VA in the future. Oh, and we have Labs, so they're not limited to small breeds.

• Stayed December 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your comments about your stay with us! We can only assume that your dog enjoyed their stay us much as you did and that when they return with you to the Blue Ridge all of you be once again be our guests. Thanks again!

Been to Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!